Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2009, 18:54   #76
BHPian

Well its not ugly at all from outside.

From outside its a stunner.

But i feel its definitely an ugly looking car from inside. If you have such low grade interiors, Being a Honda, we have to say it ugly from inside. (may not call ugly if this interior were in the other same segment car.)

but being Honda its not done.

So, poor interior, No fog lamp, No Alloys for a 10 Lac Rupee car!!!

Being a Honda!!!!!

Well we must say its ugly.

Last edited by loving_alaap : 7th February 2009 at 19:02.
Old 7th February 2009, 18:54   #77
Senior - BHPian

Agreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
The City Type 5 is not an ugly car. Compared to its predecessor, it's a beauty. However, parked next to something like the Fiesta, the confusion in the City's design is highlighted.
Absolutely bang on target. The Fiesta has lines that wouldnt age as early as most other designs in it's segment, and there is great cohesion in the overall design.
The ANHC is much better looking than it's earlier avatar but it has too many lines and the designer seems to have thought that making bangle-esque cuts ("flame surfacing") straighter would give them something called "jet fighter" looks. People harp on about Honda's quality and attention to detail, but take one look at the ANHC from the rear, and check out the tow hook. The metal frame it's welded to, is visible and it doesnt have the smooth texture of the body panels. It's ore like that of the outer shell of the spare wheel recess.
Old 7th February 2009, 19:10   #78
BHPian

It may not be uglier than NHC but it still is ugly. I was very impressed with media kit pics all over the web etc. but when i saw it in real, instantly i disliked it. I feel the civic design theme didn't gel with shorter wheelbase and width of city.

I'm unable to decide if its shorter length, slimmer width or taller height that makes it sour to eyes.
Old 7th February 2009, 19:23   #79
Senior - BHPian

Ok guys this thread is getting outta hand now.
For the 10000000`th time we all know that the majority of the crowd here thinks the NHC is not a looker and i agree ,yes being a owner will not stop me from admitting this fact (unlike owners of other cars/brands).
Am not offended by what some of you have posted but then why keep on mentioning the same thing again and again ?
This thread was supposed to be about the ANHC right.

And please dont be so harsh ,atleast give some reasons why you dislike the ANHC`s looks.
Anybody can start such a thread about various other cars in india so lets try to keep it civil here to avoid copycat threads.

Last edited by faithless_1984 : 7th February 2009 at 19:25.
Old 7th February 2009, 20:20   #80
BANNED

Some people just lives on hatred! It's their food, air, water and soul.
No use condemning them or trying to correct them.

Ofcourse, the Honda City in it's latest avatar is not the best looking car in the world. Neither it was created with that intention. It is just another daily drive car with some good features, neat practicality and a great badge. Looks afterall, is in the eyes of the beholder. I think it has a good overall design with an unmatched rear. There should be a redesign in the works soon.

Now, thread starter thinks it's overall ugly. Nothing wrong in it. Many thinks so. Every car will have some who likes it and some who hates it.
Why should one bother if another person thinks the same or not?
Hmmm.. Debatable.

To have a better meaning to this thread, a poll can be added. What say?
Old 7th February 2009, 21:09   #81
Senior - BHPian

why am i feeling another thread based on the 'mahindra xylo hatred' thread has started?

this time its the NHC & ANHC who is targetted.

keep going BHPians!!!
Old 7th February 2009, 21:58   #82
BHPian

the japs cant beat the germans in design. so they try to copy them shamelessly. its a sad truth.

second about the honda city. its not that bad looking. but i would say this.

sx4 vs honda city. then i choose SX4 with a MGA bodykit. and 16 inchers. tall stance and muscular body. hmmm. the men are still in the room if not gone lolz

fiat linea vs honda city. the linea has chrome all over it. it has that bling bling thing darling. i like that. plus it has more curves. i think linea (sounds like a italian supermodel :P) linea is more beautiful and good looking. also its longer than civic and corolla so you have that. chic long coupe ish stance which i like.

hond city vs ford fiesta. well honda is better than the ford i can say.
here is the looks ranking.

1)fiat linea
2)sx4 (with body kit)
3)honda city
4)ford fiesta.

but i will say this i dont like the city because they are saving cost big time by not giving alloys.its like the car is wearing hawai chappals instead of nike JORDANs, climate control cant live without that. my whole house is climate controled lolz why not my car. NO damn cd player. fiat has blue and me. i would prefer to hook my razrv8 armed with A2DP to play songs on blue and me. and change songs with voice command.

other than that its a fine piece of machinery.

Last edited by Caramelo : 7th February 2009 at 22:11.
Old 8th February 2009, 01:10   #83
Senior - BHPian

I dont get the purpose of this Thread?? Looks are very subjective some like it some dont,

According to me, Not because I own the car, AHNC is a stunner, Just match it with some good 15"/16" Rims, and see it looks change. Though i agree that the rear could have been better but Honda did not go out to make the best looking car in the world. Its a great car, Fun to drive, Honda Badge value, great FE,decent performance. Got everything what I want from it.

Why not start a thread about the Dzire then?? According to me its an ugly car. According to me the A-Star looks ugly as well. should i start about them??
Old 8th February 2009, 01:34   #84
Distinguished - BHPian

Looks are subjective, my opinion is NHC was ugly had no soul ,zx was better ,compared to them ANHC is a good looking car but i agree rear could have been better.
Old 8th February 2009, 03:52   #85
Senior - BHPian

NHC's front was almost disgusting to say the least.zx version looked alot better.ANHC looks quite good from the front,bland in side profile and then really cheap and ugly when viewed from rear.Honda should not get inspired by the Hyundai on taking 'inspirations' for design cues from bmws/lexus/jaguars
Old 8th February 2009, 11:34   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithless_1984 View Post
Ok guys this thread is getting outta hand now.
For the 10000000`th time we all know that the majority of the crowd here thinks the NHC is not a looker and i agree ,
How did you conclude this? The question asked by the thread starter was if anyone else thinks that ANHC is ugly and it is quite possible that only those who agree with the statement would have responded. Only a poll can get actual picture.
Old 8th February 2009, 12:32   #87
Senior - BHPian

It definitely looks better than the outgoing City, but I would say that perhaps the first City still looks fresh and may be the best looking. The new City looks great from the back but perhaps the arrow-shot front grille needed more width to look good and looks compressed to me.
Old 8th February 2009, 13:14   #88
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasudeva View Post
It definitely looks better than the outgoing City, but I would say that perhaps the first City still looks fresh and may be the best looking. The new City looks great from the back but perhaps the arrow-shot front grille needed more width to look good and looks compressed to me.
Agreed...the OHC (mid 2000 to Sept 2003) with the clear headlamp lenses had the best shape. Very much in proportion and very easy on the eyes. Honda did a fantastic job with that one.

No offense to owners of the NHC, but the NHC (with it's 'chuchundri' or field mouse look when seen face on) has to be the saddest looker in the family. Kitted with a 77 BHP engine even the 1.3L 85 BHP MPFI Esteem could rip it apart. As a OHC owner, I could only wince when I first saw the NHC back in Sept '03.

The ANHC looks great from the front but not so great from the side and the back. Leaving aside the creepy local Honda dealer for a moment, if I were to buy a 8-10 lakh car today, the ANHC would be it.

All this is IMHO as looks are very subjective.

Rgds,

Last edited by R2D2 : 8th February 2009 at 13:19.
Old 8th February 2009, 17:56   #89
Senior - BHPian

ANHC spotted in Dubai!!

I saw the ANHC in the local honda dealer body shop in Dubai. the rear of the car had all the names and honda emblem masked with tape.

it had 16" LPTs with hot new alloy wheels and the front grill of the city was totally different from the indian version.

strangly the front H on the grill was not masked! i was not carrying my digi cam and my cell phone is at nokia for repairs....i was unable to take any photos!! sorry for that guys!

but i will have the photos soon and will post them here.
Old 8th February 2009, 18:29   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How did you conclude this? The question asked by the thread starter was if anyone else thinks that ANHC is ugly and it is quite possible that only those who agree with the statement would have responded. Only a poll can get actual picture.
LoL ,kindly go through the thread.
Almost every posts starts with `the nhc was soooo ugly etc etc`. (look at post no. 78 and 88 in this page itself)
They are comparing the ANHC with the NHC again and again (and ridiculing it everytime) hence the post.!

I think this thread is going no where now.

Last edited by faithless_1984 : 8th February 2009 at 18:32.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks