Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2009, 08:48   #121
Senior - BHPian

Max - two issues with ur logic:

Civic E isn't an auto, and the price difference is more than a Lac. Also you should consider the price difference between a petrol to petrol - not petrol to diesel auto which is close to 3L.

In the end - not everyone is looking for "perceived image" - but convenience. Civic Auto is easily 3L+. The closest comparison is ANHC, which is about 20K more.
Old 2nd March 2009, 11:09   #122
Team-BHP Support

automatics do roll back on an incline. I have seen this in SFO on a corolla. So had to keep the brake pressed.
However the incline has to be steep
Old 2nd March 2009, 15:27   #123
Senior - BHPian

Mmm... seems like I was the only one who did not face the AT roll back! Guess I was never in a "steep" enough steep.

I need to be more careful, when & if I drive an AT, in the future. Thanks for the input, all.
Old 2nd March 2009, 15:34   #124
Max
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
Max - two issues with ur logic:

Civic E isn't an auto, and the price difference is more than a Lac. Also you should consider the price difference between a petrol to petrol - not petrol to diesel auto which is close to 3L.

In the end - not everyone is looking for "perceived image" - but convenience. Civic Auto is easily 3L+. The closest comparison is ANHC, which is about 20K more.
you are right. but hyundai should have included airbags with 10.5lakhs car.
Old 2nd March 2009, 15:41   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
but hyundai should have included airbags with 10.5lakhs car.
agree. whatever ridiculous explanation they can give (80% Indians dont wear seatbelts), there's no excuse for missing this.
Old 2nd March 2009, 15:51   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Mmm... seems like I was the only one who did not face the AT roll back! Guess I was never in a "steep" enough steep.

I need to be more careful, when & if I drive an AT, in the future. Thanks for the input, all.
My santro AT also rolls back in my parking lot (in "D" mode). There is a sudden steep from the road to the parking lot.

Also in "D" on a flat road, the car moves forward at slightly less than 10kmph, without pressing the accelerator.

-Shashi
Old 2nd March 2009, 21:40   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
Sir, i don't want to spoil your excitement but 10 lakhs for Hyundai's tiny verna car is not worth 10 lakhs image but again if your running is allot then you might just go for it anyway, because its mileage much be good due to crdi engine.
i understand what u are saying but look at the alternative in this price band: Honda City AT which is around 50K costlier and not even alloy wheels are provided. The better torque and FE of diesel is also a key factor.

if only Linea came with an AT option....or even Vista or Indigo AT (grabbed from Fiat by Tata )
Old 17th March 2009, 14:38   #128
BHPian

I checked out the new verna the other day when I was at the service station for my verna's second service.
The new verna is disappointing in the looks department. The new chrome front grill does not lend a "solidly built" look to the car, and the silver side strips look rather tacky. The body coloured side strips looked much better. The alloys are nothing to write home about and hyundai would have done well to have put 195 tires on the car.
Coming to the interiors - I felt the leather wrapped steering was ridiculous. The fit did not seem good and anyone who buys the car will want to get a new steering cover done. The new fabric didnt seem very different tot he old one and in fact looked a touch dirty. Apparently the interior plastic quality is supposed to be better but I found no difference. The stereo system is decent but looks rather old fashioned. The only thing is that it doesnt have all those funny colours dancing about as in the previous gen music player.
Didnt get to test drive the car but I feel that hyundai have made a weak attempt at facelifting this car. I'm way happier with my 2008 version of the car- just that the slightly lesser price of the top end manual diesel version maybe an advantage for new buyers. Also I thought the older colour range was better suited. The i10 colours seem better suited for the small car. The one in the display was a sky blue one which looked ok. There was a champagne gold (previously real earth) outside and I didnt think it looked too good.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks