Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th February 2009, 15:41   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
I am wondering why don't they offer AT in lower end versions? Why in India, the Automatic is available only in high spec versions, thus turning away many potential buyers.
Base CRDI is 750K ex showroom in Delhi.
They can price Base CRDI auto at 800K ex showroom, and have a winner in their hands.
To be more precise.. A clear winner !!

Somehow in India Automatics aren't looked at a serious option !! It is rather treated as luxury.
Old 20th February 2009, 15:44   #77
BHPian

Car manufactures in India think that AT is a luxury and hence market it at the top end. I am sure the way we are seeing more and more cars makers coming out with safety features like Airbags, ABS etc at the base version of the cars, some day even AT would be available in the base version.

Hyundai is selling Santro AT which is pretty much the base Santro with AT. Its kind of reverse of the trend.

With respect to Verna AT, I think she should have been price lower than ANHC AT. 10+ on road is a little too expensive for her.
Old 20th February 2009, 16:40   #78
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accelerator View Post
Well, one of my friends has already bought it from HMP Delhi...
If possible, take some pictures of the vehicle and post them here. I'm very interested to check out the interiors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
i am surprised there's no THBP review of the new Verna in automatic avatar. No one interested in this car?
Exactly what I'm thinking!
Old 20th February 2009, 16:57   #79
Senior - BHPian

I think Hyundai is doing a good job here with cars that could be better than its segment competition. Perhaps they can hire an original designer now, instead of cut and paste from its Japanese competitors.
Old 20th February 2009, 17:06   #80
Senior - BHPian

@vasudeva : the hitch is - Hyundai seems to be copy-pasting the pricing also from the Japanese
Old 20th February 2009, 17:13   #81
Senior - BHPian

It would be a pleasure to get AT in each and every model. But as usual Indian buyers are treated as inferior.
Yeah quiet surprising noone has taken a TD of the AT verna yet. Wake up guys!
Old 20th February 2009, 18:49   #82
BHPian

Verna AT TD done!!!!

Guyz here's a small note on the feel of the new Verna AT and the other changes in the facelift (in fact its the Verna facelift and not only the launch of the AT).

Apart from the new AT, there are some changes that have been done across the model range. Earlier the car was available in 8 variants (i,Xi,XXi,XXi ABS, VGT, VGT ABS, VGT SX, VGT SX ABS) and that has been reduced to 5 (VTVT, SX VTVT, CRDi VGT, SX CRDi VGT, SX CRDi VGT AT)
VTVT is the petrol engine model and VGT is the diesel engine option.
AT is available only in diesel transmission with the same old diesel engine...
There are some changes in the features deptt and lot of features like 2DIn Audio, electric mirrors etc are now standard across the range

Exterior: Well, not much changes in that deptt.. there is some chrome styling added on the sides, the grill is a bit different from the old one. There are new wheel covers and there are new colors available.. The addition of chrome on the sides and the change of the grill does lend some sort of better looks but it isnt something to be a big highlight in this segment..

Interior: The 2 DIN music system is now standard unlike the older versions where the lower trims were deprived of music systems. The quality of the music system is better than the old one and due to the black color of the same, it now gels well in the centre of the dashboard. The seat upholstery is different from the earlier one and looks better in terms of the quality. The electrically adjustable rear view mirrors are standard across the range.

Engine: The most interesting part of the AT yet The powerhouse performs excellently with the AT transmission. The drive is smooth... surprisingly, and the moment the needle crosses the 2K RPM mark, it takes off... I belive they have done a good job with the plantinig of the At transmission in the VGT engine. Even at low RPMs the torque is excellent... in fact it is the same powerful car with an AT stick...the driveability has improved considerably in the traffic which was a drawback earlier with the stick.. Unfortunately I couldnt rev it more as there was a bit of traffic.

Overall, it seems to be a decent package. The first AT diesel in the segment is a brave step because of the poor liking of the transmission in India owing to the perception of less mileage.

In fact the entire range now has bettered with standarization of some features and ABS becoming standard on the top end trims..I belive earlier it was optional..

Overall, a pretty decent facelift but yes, airbags could have been a tabasco on it..

Good job Hyundai...
Old 20th February 2009, 21:07   #83
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accelerator View Post

Interior: The 2 DIN music system is now standard unlike the older versions where the lower trims were deprived of music systems. The quality of the music system is better than the old one and due to the black color of the same, it now gels well in the centre of the dashboard. The seat upholstery is different from the earlier one and looks better in terms of the quality. The electrically adjustable rear view mirrors are standard across the range
Would it be possible to put up some pictures of the interior?

Do you know the model number of the stock 2DIN Kenwood?
And it's black, eh? Because the ones that came in the old Verna's were silver (Kenwood DPX-MP4070)
Old 20th February 2009, 21:51   #84
Senior - BHPian

Small Q- How much mileage a Verna Diesel manual gives on an average?
How much is anticipated from the AT one?
Old 20th February 2009, 23:47   #85
BHPian

i am expecting a call from Deep Hyundai tomorrow regarding a TD of the auto verna.
Old 21st February 2009, 01:22   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashthedivx View Post
Verna 1.5 SX CRDi VGT AT 865350
That means an On-Road price of 9.26L in Delhi Ashish. (Give or take a thousand here or there!)
Old 21st February 2009, 07:53   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvjascha View Post
Do you know the model number of the stock 2DIN Kenwood?
its not a Kenwood anymore. Its a relatively lesser known brand.
Old 21st February 2009, 09:03   #88
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
If the numbers are accurate, that is a killer deal! Only goes to show how over-priced the cost-cutting champion - the Honda City - is. For less money, you get:

- A quick - and I mean quick - diesel. Fairly efficient too.

- Better rear seat (on support).

- Roomy interiors

- Good ride quality within the city

What you don't get is the better "H" badge, a 5 speed auto, airbags and handling. Still, for a diesel automatic, the pricing is superb!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
the Hyundai Verna AT Crdi cost 10.22 lacs on road Bangalore
Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
That's not too bad considering the City AT costs 10.4L on road bangalore.
Just confirmed that the ANHC AT costs Rs. 10.5L onroad bangalore. To add to GTO's post in the Verna you get the following extra over the ANHC:

- Trip computer
- alloy wheels
- Climate control.
- fog lamps.

The ANHC has airbags, 5speed box and paddle shifts extra. Rest is same.

My choice would be the Verna anyday.
Old 21st February 2009, 10:02   #89
BANNED

Doesn't ANHC have Trip computer?
Quote:
So the city has a trip computer but the Civic and Accord don't.
So,
Verna: Alloys, Fog lamps, CC, diesel 4 gears
ANHC: ABS, Airbags, petrol,5 gears

Verna had cramped rear leg room. How does AT variant fare in this aspect?
Quote:
Just confirmed that the ANHC AT costs Rs. 10.5L onroad bangalore. To add to GTO's post in the Verna you get the following extra over the ANHC:

- Trip computer
- alloy wheels
- Climate control.
- fog lamps.

The ANHC has airbags, 5speed box and paddle shifts extra. Rest is same.

My choice would be the Verna anyday.
Old 21st February 2009, 10:11   #90
Team-BHP Support

Yup forgot that the ANHC also has the trip computer. Verna isn't cramped at all. The seating is a bit low that's all.

The ANHC is also not as comfortable as the older NHC. Also the quality of the interiors of the Verna is much better than the ANHC. Infact even the Getz has a better fit and finish than the ANHC.

I just drove the ANHC AT and the Verna last week for a friend. We were impressed with the ANHC but after driving the Verna our decision changed favouring the Verna.

Both cars were softly sprung and bouncing about over undulations. ANHC gear shift was jerky. ANHC was crashing over potholes and the Verna felt much better.

I'll put up a detailed review shortly.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks