Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2009, 17:14   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuraliR View Post
The Hindu lost for words? The phrase is a lift from ACI Feb issue.
This is quite a common thing that even I've been noticing. Almost every new car road test / first impression review etc has words lifted from one of the top auto magazines in the country. They are quite consistent in copying.

Warm regards,
Venkat
Old 12th February 2009, 23:27   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
This offer does make a lot of sense.

Its' closest rival, the i 20, sells at 4.8 lakhs for base Magna, 5.6 lakhs for mid Asta and 5.8 lakhs for Asta optional pack respectively (ex showroom).
Comparing it to another under-powered hatch hardly makes for a compelling argument. Either of these don't offer the highway performance or driving pleasure that a premium hatch ought to. Try climbing up a steep hill with 4 adults on board or flooring it on an open road.

Not to mention, the Fabia will only keep the dealers cash register ringing at your expense. A small car that costs more than the Accord in maintenance!
Old 12th February 2009, 23:51   #33
BHPian

Not to mention, the Fabia will only keep the dealers cash register ringing at your expense. A small car that costs more than the Accord in maintenance![/quote]

GTO, thats a super quote!

Probably this is the best one liner to advise anybody thinking for Skoda (even a fabia)!

Last edited by loving_alaap : 12th February 2009 at 23:52.
Old 13th February 2009, 01:15   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by loving_alaap View Post
Not to mention, the Fabia will only keep the dealers cash register ringing at your expense. A small car that costs more than the Accord in maintenance!
[/quote] GTO, thats a super quote!
Probably this is the best one liner to advise anybody thinking for Skoda (even a Fabia)![/quote]

In all seriousness are we implying that when compared strictly only in terms of performance and looks, Interiors etc the i20 is still a better car as compared to the Fabia?

I found the features, looks build quality and interiors of the Fabia way better than the i20.

I will try to get more details of the service price list of the Fabia, but I don't think the Fabia is that expensive to maintain.

Lets be fair to Skoda as well

Last edited by Ash-NewCar : 13th February 2009 at 01:22.
Old 13th February 2009, 09:45   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO - Touring View Post
Comparing it to another under-powered hatch hardly makes for a compelling argument.
Hehe, point well noted. The car is crying out for a 1.6 Sportline.
Old 13th February 2009, 10:45   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I will try to get more details of the service price list of the Fabia, but I don't think the Fabia is that expensive to maintain.

Lets be fair to Skoda as well
Try to find out how much would it cost to replace a broken bumper or the rear view mirrors in the fabia (both pretty common things one needs to change given the traffic in India)

The plastic wheel caps cost about Rs. 3000 somebody had commented on one of the Skoda Fabia threads here.
Old 13th February 2009, 11:11   #37
Senior - BHPian

The ORVMs of the Fabia are steel. They'll destroy many before crumpling themselves.
Old 13th February 2009, 11:38   #38
BHPian

I checked with the Bangalore dealer, this offer is there for the base model with the base options and apparently the model is not sold in Bangalore any more for whatever reason
Old 13th February 2009, 13:01   #39
BHPian

I was serious about the Fabia, as my sis in law wanted to buy a hatch. But it seems the Skoda guys have revoked the earlier corporate discount and Insurance discounts on Fabia which in my case summed to 68K and are now offering the 35k paltry discount.
The dealer Iknow agreed that this was purely done to boos sales, which have slumped heavily due to i20.

Although the Skpda is more rich and better in its own ways, people are preferring the i20 and going for it rather than the epxensive Fabia.

Earlier there was no option if anyone wanted a classy and posh hatch..but now there is i20..
and I am sure once the GP is launched Skoda is going to die another death..

I am heartbroken, my hatch-love Fabia has failed to deliver...

But the i20 is wooing me and i am sure falling for it.. to top it my wife and sis in law are extemely happy..
Old 13th February 2009, 14:25   #40
gaurav.28ch

After cheating, duping and taking Indian customers for a ride for years, finally Skoda seems to be realizing that their game is over now. Thanks to Team-BHP and much more aware Indian customers, Skoda has been brought to its knees. Hope this is true !!

Old 13th February 2009, 14:51   #41
Senior - BHPian

And while we are at Skoda bashing, let me relate an incident that happened recently with my cousin, on an Octavia (Diesel) that was about 3 yeras old and had clocked less than 35,000 kms:

At Rohtak, where he'd gone for a day trip, he found that the car refused to move. Engine OK, gear engaged, clutch released, engine revving up .... but no movement!

Called up Skoda, who refused to have it looked at in Rohtak and said the car would have to be brought to Delhi!

So, to cut it short, car towed to Delhi, fixed at a cost of Rs. 8000/- (apart from towing charges) and then promptly SOLD! Some crucial bearing in the final driveline had broken into pieces!
Old 13th February 2009, 14:54   #42
Senior - BHPian

Now that 4 days are almost over, it would be great to see how many Fabias did Skoda (or that particular dealer) managed to sell over this period

And they might as well have a party if the number moves to double digits.
Old 13th February 2009, 16:12   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
And while we are at Skoda bashing, let me relate an incident that happened recently with my cousin, on an Octavia (Diesel) that was about 3 yeras old and had clocked less than 35,000 kms:

At Rohtak, where he'd gone for a day trip, he found that the car refused to move. Engine OK, gear engaged, clutch released, engine revving up .... but no movement!

Called up Skoda, who refused to have it looked at in Rohtak and said the car would have to be brought to Delhi!

So, to cut it short, car towed to Delhi, fixed at a cost of Rs. 8000/- (apart from towing charges) and then promptly SOLD! Some crucial bearing in the final driveline had broken into pieces!
Exactly this is what is preventing me from going for a Skoda (and settling for the i20 instead) This forum is seriously full of all sorts of horror stories involving Skoda. its not saying their product is bad (it is outstanding and I personally love the 1.4 Petrol Elegance model - it has everything save climate control). But owning a car is not limited to just buying it. If tomorrow I have an accident then I need to take it to Skoda for repairs. the real pains start there!!!
Old 13th February 2009, 18:15   #44
Senior - BHPian

3 days gone and not a single person here has bought a fabia. Speaks how much disounts are tempting buyers
Old 13th February 2009, 20:45   #45
Senior - BHPian

They are addressing the wrong issue. they should give it a more powerful engine and price it marginally higher hence making it better vfm as a premium hatch in comaprison to New Honda city and Chevy SRV. They have made a mistake which they can still revoke with a new moniker like mitsubishi did with cedia.

Just my two cents.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks