Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2011, 08:45   #2761
BHPian

Re: New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Pics on Pg. 109 *UPDATE* XUV500 launched at 10.8 lakh

I really wish the top portion of the console was not so glossy...it would be really distracting while driving due to the constant moving reflections that this would produce!
Old 7th October 2011, 09:08   #2762
BHPian

Re: New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Pics on Pg. 109 *UPDATE* XUV500 launched at 10.8 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannubhai View Post
Screenshot of the mahindra link stating the status of my order.
Hi Mannubhai,
is this a screen shot from an email you have recieved from Mahindra confirming your booking or is there some website that anyone can key in the booking details to ascertain the dleivery date?

Also, when did you book it? I payed the initial booking amount of 10k on 30th Sept (the day it was launched in Gurgaon) and the balance booking amount within 2 days, however neither have I got any call from Mahindra nor any clarity from the Mahindra showroom (sterling motors)
pls throw some light
thx
Sid
Old 7th October 2011, 09:22   #2763
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotChillyPepper View Post
Is it only me got elbow fouling with arm rest while gear changing? Especially second and 4th?

-HCP
Check out the photos I posted earlier on Gear and Handbrake usage positions. I also felt the same that the armrest was messing with the handling of the handbrake and gear even while stationary. Maybe a little less height of armrest would have helped.
Old 7th October 2011, 09:23   #2764
BHPian

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff: Post deleted. Abusive language/wrong choice of words – whether used directly or indirectly - is not appropriate for use on Team-BHP. We request you to adhere to a decent communication protocol and avoid the use of abusive words. Our varied audience appreciates a "clean" community.

Thanks!

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 7th October 2011 at 10:58.
Infiniti.Rahul is offline   Received Infraction
Old 7th October 2011, 09:25   #2765
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidwadia View Post
Hi Mannubhai,
is this a screen shot from an email you have recieved from Mahindra confirming your booking or is there some website that anyone can key in the booking details to ascertain the delivery date?
Once your booking has been confirmed with Mahindra, you get a mail from them with the link and login details for tracking your request. I got a similar access for tracking my Scorpio's order as well. It is fairly up-to-date, but in my case it took about 3-4 days before it reflected that i had taken delivery of the vehicle.
Old 7th October 2011, 09:39   #2766
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Are you sure about the cancellation thing. I was told that the cancellation after 15 days is only 1000 irrespective of the color. From which dealer you got this info?
i got know this from shiva auto, patparganj industrial area. i clarified this with sales representative twice. He told me if i will book black or white there will be Rs 1000/-, for any other color Rs 10,000
Old 7th October 2011, 10:15   #2767
BHPian

GTO : Eagerly waiting for TBHP test drive. We fully understand the importance of a detailed review, that's why are waiting patiently for it before booking the vehicle. But, with each passing day the waiting period of the XUV keeps on increasing. As per the latest info from the Gurgaon dealer as on date its already touching 4 months :(
Old 7th October 2011, 10:59   #2768
BHPian

First of all I would like to thank GTO and the team for giving us excellent detailed reviews of all the new launches.

New car reviews are always available on internet and other auto magazines. But if you want "The review", then it is only avaliable on TBHP .

So the wait is worth it, but please compile it and release it as early as possible .

Thanks,

PK
Old 7th October 2011, 11:05   #2769
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV 500 Full grill or Half grill?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalmirza View Post
Guys,
I think I am becoming a huge fan of the Mahindra XUV 500 (which isn't a bad thing). However, I in my view, the XUV should have got a proper (read: full) chrome grill. Instead of the "too chiselled designed" front.
I couldn't resist myself and photoshoped an image of the XUV with a full-grill side by side to the original.
Hi Fazal, the PS'd grill definately looks better but again too close to the GM signature grill so M&M would not risk being sued again.
Old 7th October 2011, 11:41   #2770
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Thank you, Rudra.

@ Bajwasingh : If you want to read a review written in a hurry, you are in the wrong place. Our reviews are, without doubt, the most detailed, comprehensive and unbiased. Remember, quality takes time. We are fanatical about the value of our output.

Yes, we did drive the XUV5OO last week for a couple of laps on Mahindra's test track. For a Team-BHP review, 5 kms of test-track driving isn't enough. That's why we've spent ~400 kms with the SUV in the city, highway, expressway, rough roads, broken roads and ghat sections. We've also driven it alone, with 2 onboard and with 5 passengers onboard.

We'd never release a half-baked review a week early, just to be "the first release" on the net. Sorry, that's just not Team-BHP's style. We take time and hopefully you will agree, do it well

Please be patient.

Well , Thanks GTO for the clarification . All other reviews are surely on the Mahindra Test Track . Only team bhp's can be a 400KMs all road test drive. I feel the wait is worth it .

Many decisions on booking this XUV depends on the above test drive . ( At least Team BHP members will not decide on this without reading the above review .....)
Old 7th October 2011, 12:28   #2771
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Remember, quality takes time. We are fanatical about the value of our output.

Yes, we did drive the XUV5OO last week for a couple of laps on Mahindra's test track. For a Team-BHP review, 5 kms of test-track driving isn't enough. That's why we've spent ~400 kms with the SUV in the city, highway, expressway, rough roads, broken roads and ghat sections. We've also driven it alone, with 2 onboard and with 5 passengers onboard.

We'd never release a half-baked review a week early, just to be "the first release" on the net. Sorry, that's just not Team-BHP's style. We take time and hopefully you will agree, do it well
Please be patient.
GTO, All waiting for the moment with baited breath (even me who has / had sworn off M&M products given my initial experiences with the Scorpio). And agreed, patience will have its virtues to get an unbiased and through review as we always get for almost all the new launches
Old 7th October 2011, 12:36   #2772
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannubhai View Post
Screenshot of the mahindra link stating the status of my order.
Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Once your booking has been confirmed with Mahindra, you get a mail from them with the link and login details for tracking your request. I got a similar access for tracking my Scorpio's order as well. It is fairly up-to-date, but in my case it took about 3-4 days before it reflected that i had taken delivery of the vehicle.
benbsb,
Does that mean that my booking has not yet been confirmed by Mahindra as its already over 6 days that I given the initial booking amount ???
Now I'm getting a bit jittery on whether the dealer indeed did place my order whilst accepting 10k as initial booking amount or did he wait till I gave him the balance 30k? Anyway I can find the actual status , any phone numbers,email id's ?
regards
Sid

P.S. - GTO & moderators , whilst I appreciate your viewpoint on the time needed to check the vehicle out completely, unless I read the review, dont think I will have a 100% conviction buying this SUV

Last edited by sidwadia : 7th October 2011 at 12:37. Reason: Spelling mistake
Old 7th October 2011, 12:53   #2773
BHPian

Here is the Carwale review of XUV 500

Mahindra XUV500 W8 First Drive - Mahindra XUV 500 W8
Old 7th October 2011, 13:07   #2774
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushargohil View Post
Neo, I heard sometime in Jan 2012... (any way i will be there in surat by Nov 1 or 2 week with this car if you want you can have a look)
thanks man, please do contact me whenever you come to Surat. i definitely need to see the xuv500. i have stopped my Toyota fortuner's booking for while. let me pm you my cell no.
Old 7th October 2011, 13:45   #2775
BHPian

Must have checked the forum for the team-bhp review atleast 100 times.

Can we have an email notifier feature which notifies members when such a highly anticipated thread comes up

Another thread whr this could be applicable is the monthly sales thread.
Meanwhile, it goes to show the high regard that members have for the forum, that so many booking decisions are hinging on the review. Impressive!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks