Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2009, 10:12   #106
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatrughna View Post
My concerns with leaf spring suspension have been put to rest.
Shatrughna, did you try out the middle row? That is where the leaf spring effect is most pronounced (apart from the way one has to sit with the knees rolled up).

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Some people may not like the low middle seats where seating is with knees up position but so is with most low slung sedans like OHC and my Elantra.
Anshuman, that was & continues to be the biggest gripe about the Endy - the middle seat ride
Old 17th September 2009, 10:25   #107
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
As the suspension is unchanged here is my experience with previous Endy

I have driven the Endeavour to a holiday in rajasthan, Ride though not as good as the Pajero is leagues ahead of our Scorpio VLX,overall i found it very acceptable and not as bad as pointed out here.

Handling is typical chassis based SUV with rear rolling too much on corners with spirited driving but never gets so nervous like Safari and Scorpio.Some people may not like the low middle seats where seating is with knees up position but so is with most low slung sedans like OHC and my Elantra.High speed stability of endeavour is very good.

And the final blow, Fortuner may have better overall dynamics but it cannot beat the superb steering feel and response of the ford.AWD would have helped handling a lot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-Testosterone View Post
Do do you mean leaf springs is not that big an issue as its made out to be.
did you clock 0-100 Km/H dash?
Quote:
Originally Posted by shatrughna View Post
Just coming back after a test drive. Its comfortable enough and launched it at few average sized speed breakers at average speed. Car was ok in handling steering was quite nice. Automatic transmission has taken out a lot of kick out of the engine and feels so slow as compared to the MT. Headlamps throw was quite dull (less than Scorpio). Driver's seat was also comfortable enough. Seems to be an average SUV and as gathered from inputs from TBHPians here may be its still VFM considering the features. My concerns with leaf spring suspension have been put to rest. Rest experience will be posted in appropriate forum.
Shatrughna, Testosterone & Anshuman. The Ride is know to be much better with a loaded car (which is the case when we go for a major outing.) This is typical of a leaf spring sprung suspension.

Also when one drives around town alone then too the rear bouncing about is not felt that much.

The worst situation is when there are 3 adults in the car and the lightest of them is in the middle row seats.

Basing this on rides in the earlier Endy 2.5 - 2007.

How much of an issue the leaf springs are would depend on what you compare it to and how one is built plus the usage. This would vary from person to person and test drives are required to confirm for sure our adaptability to the jumpy ride on long drives.
Old 17th September 2009, 14:32   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karpusv View Post
Sorry sir,
But I think you might want to take a look at this screenshot from the company website
The limited model of 2.5L Endy does have airbags.
May be the normal 2.5L doesn't have them.

Last edited by Dante : 17th September 2009 at 14:36.
Old 25th October 2009, 20:53   #109
BHPian

So, how may T-BHPians have decided to buy the new Endeavour 4x4 AT?

I have booked a Panther Black one which should be delivered in early November I am told. I was impressed with the overall package of the new Endy. Another reason that contributed to the decision I must also admit, was that I was put off by the attitude of the Toyota dealers when I went to TD the Fortuner. They had closed bookings and were not interested in answering my questions.
Old 26th October 2009, 10:18   #110
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillBilly View Post
Another reason that contributed to the decision I must also admit, was that I was put off by the attitude of the Toyota dealers when I went to TD the Fortuner. They had closed bookings and were not interested in answering my questions.
Yep Ford is making hay while Toyota is figuring out how to handle the excess booking in a nice way.

The Toyota Dealer in Thane gave me a test drive (solo) again recently though they do not take bookings. Attitude matters.
Old 26th October 2009, 18:33   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillBilly View Post
So, how may T-BHPians have decided to buy the new Endeavour 4x4 AT?

I have booked a Panther Black one which should be delivered in early November I am told. I was impressed with the overall package of the new Endy. Another reason that contributed to the decision I must also admit, was that I was put off by the attitude of the Toyota dealers when I went to TD the Fortuner. They had closed bookings and were not interested in answering my questions.
The fortuner came initially with cloud of doubt about it s real pricing as yet i have read somewhere around that the car has to be sold with 1.5 lac worth of accessory compulsiory !! Now if thats true also a pain in the neck for dealer s to do !!
While going to dealer in mumbai even they are nt so excited about booking the fortuner !! Instead they asked me to go for th V model innova !!
Is it the mad booking frenzy or for once the dealer s are actuallt making peanut s after selling fortuner ?
Could some post a detailed report of the TD of the A/T ford endevaour why i havent seen any of it on road in it s latest avtaar !!
Old 27th October 2009, 17:53   #112
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

We have not really had a confirmation of the news of 1.5L accessories being a compulsary purchase for the fortuner, though there were initial reports of this, it seems highly unlikely except for a few dealier trying their luck.

Endys are selling I think in the range of 200 a month right now so it will take a while to be well seen.
Old 27th October 2009, 17:56   #113
Distinguished - BHPian

Its not 1.5L worth of accessories, its 1.25 lakh premium that the fortuner is currently commanding in Mumbai for fast delivery.

Premium was almost double for diwali deliveries.
Old 29th October 2009, 04:33   #114

I saw the new endy today..

I was near old fort today, stuck in d traffic, when i saw the BIG BLACK BEAUTY standing just next to me.
Old 25th November 2009, 20:24   #115
BHPian

Endeavour New Model?

Now that I am in the market for a new SUV (retiring Wagon-R after 5+ years of faithful service) mostly because of tax saving purposes, am seriously considering Endy for the sheer VFM it seems to be when compared to competition.

However, I still am confused with the ride quality keeping in mind the divided opinion of members who have posted on this thread in past.

To be honest, there would hardly be any off-roading I would be doing in the vehicle. What I am looking at is a comfortable and safe 5+ seater (to accomodate my pets as well on long drives) which runs on diesel.

Yes, there are other S/UVs at less than half the price of Endy but I don't intend to buy a rocking boat (read Xylo), be part of the crowd (read Innovas), intend to visit the workshops too often (read Safari), dated technology (read Pajero) nor plan to buy a wannabe (Scorpio) - please, I don't intend to offend the owners/fans of these vehicles, these are my impressions after going through the experiences of fellow members on this very forum.

Fortuner was there on my list for a long while - in fact till the time I visited the dealer 2 days after the launch. And trust me, the snootiness of the marketing manager coupled with a bare bone vehicle from Toyota made me drop it off my list.

This essentially translates to the fact that there is no SUV in 20L segment other than Endy and Captiva. However, what makes me incline towards Endy is the fact that it is good 1.5L cheaper than Captiva, has more goodies, and that this would be my third Ford in a row - in case I happen to finally buy one - and I have been a happy customer for sure keeping in mind my experiences with Ikon and Fiesta.

About 2 months ago, on this forum it was mentioned that new model of Endy is to be launched soon. Was wondering if it would be worth waiting for the new model of Endy if it is there on the near horizon? Maybe knowledgable forum members can help me out here..
Old 25th November 2009, 21:10   #116
BHPian

I'm surprised that GTO haven't reviewed all new Ford Endy till yet! (Unlike Toyota Fortuner)
Old 25th November 2009, 22:17   #117
Senior - BHPian

is there any use of new Endy with MT getting launched ?
Old 27th November 2009, 10:48   #118
Senior - BHPian

Note from Team BHP Support:

Please continue discussions on the Endeavour AT here

This thread is closed
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks