BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
it is neither V6 or V8, but a 2.4 litre J24B engine with VVT technology

2393 cc
167 bhp@ 6000 rpm
227 Nm torque@ 3800 rpm

5-speed manual/ 4 speed automatic

Spoke to a Maruti dealer (Competent) just day before yesterday and he was also saying the same. Luckily managed to speak to him because the babe at the reception told me GV has been discontinued!?!

He clarified that currently MUL is having a problem with its alloy wheels supplier and so there have been no deliveries of GV and also SX4. He said problem may take some time to resolve, but once MUL starts delivering the car again it will be with the new engine.
Old 15th May 2009, 21:40   #47
Senior - BHPian

Maruti should spend some time and money on improving the refinement and feel good factor in their cars specially the SX4. For over 8 lakhs, the car needs better NVH.

I am just back from a drive to Lonvala and at about 130-140kmph I felt like I was sitting in an open helicopter! The vague EPS added to driver nervousness with the car twitching over minor disturbances on the road. Ultimately I brought it down to about 100kmph and the car felt more safe. Imagine what a 1.6 or 1.9DDis would do since these engines have the ability to pull the vehicle at really fast speeds.

Why not give the Gypsy the 1.3 75bhp DDis?
Old 16th May 2009, 09:58   #48
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlinestuffa View Post
Luckily managed to speak to him because the babe at the reception told me GV has been discontinued!?!
I don't buy the alloy wheels excuse, and think it can be attributed to the rupees depreciation which has made Japanese imports that much more expensive. The GV's April sales have been 0. Ditto for the CRV.
Old 16th May 2009, 11:28   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am just back from a drive to Lonvala and at about 130-140kmph I felt like I was sitting in an open helicopter! The vague EPS added to driver nervousness
Doesn't EPS cut off at much lower speeds? I dont think this is related to EPS.

Also was this with windows rolled up?
Old 16th May 2009, 11:36   #50
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I don't buy the alloy wheels excuse, and think it can be attributed to the rupees depreciation which has made Japanese imports that much more expensive.
This might actually be true. A friend was recently forced to accept a swift Vxi over his choice Zxi and the same cause (or excuse ) was cited.
Old 16th May 2009, 11:43   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Doesn't EPS cut off at much lower speeds? I dont think this is related to EPS.

Also was this with windows rolled up?
Windows were rolled up.

I found the car very nervous and twitchy at 140kmph. On undulations on the road, the car felt jumpy and I could notice minor swaying which required me to make slight corrections with the steering to keep the car straight. I have realised SX4 is not comfortable at high speeds. Upto a max of 120kmph it's stable beyond that it just sways, darts and jumps all over the road. It's a car for cruising. No contest with euro cars.

A lesser powerful euro car will easily beat the SX4 at high speed driving.

My wish list for the refreshed / new SX4:

- Better refinement.

- Better NVH.

- Better steering.

- Better suspension. A good mix of ride and handling.

- More powerful engine.

- Above 4 poins are a must do. No point giving a powerfull VVT and 1.9DDis with the current set up.
Old 16th May 2009, 11:54   #52
Senior - BHPian

Oh thats surprising to know, anyways what I wanted to say was that the nervousness could be due to some other reason than EPS.

As for comparing it with German cars stability well you do have to pay extra(a lot) for that aint it
Old 16th May 2009, 11:59   #53
BHPian

the alloy wheels thing is true. my dealer also told me and he also said they are not able to give the dzire zdi on time because of this problem and currently the waiting for the zdi has gone to about 5-6 months
Old 16th May 2009, 13:56   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
what I wanted to say was that the nervousness could be due to some other reason than EPS.
Like what?

Quote:
As for comparing it with German cars stability well you do have to pay extra(a lot) for that aint it
Yea but cheaper euro cars are also better. Fiesta, I am sure would be really good at high speed stablity, though it's not entirely euro. And even the Italian machines do a better job. (I better run for cover. How dare I bring Fi.. (oops!) into the picture )
Old 16th May 2009, 14:20   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
The GV's April sales have been 0. Ditto for the CRV.
Honda have stopped importing the CRV. The sales were pathetic and so they decided to pull the plug - whatever new cars are there are from the old stock.

From 1st April - the CRV has been pulled out of the Indian market.

How do I know ?
Old 16th May 2009, 17:32   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit
Like what?
Could be anything, suspension design, overall weight distribution, pathetic tires etc etc
Old 16th May 2009, 22:31   #57
BHPian

I am surprised. I have been driving this car for the last 2 years and find it extremely stable at high speeds. Infact i have touched a top speed of 175 KMPH and felt it could do more but for the lack of road. Yes I agree the noise levels are on the high side but cruising at high speed is a real pleasure

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Windows were rolled up.

I found the car very nervous and twitchy at 140kmph. On undulations on the road, the car felt jumpy and I could notice minor swaying which required me to make slight corrections with the steering to keep the car straight. I have realised SX4 is not comfortable at high speeds. Upto a max of 120kmph it's stable beyond that it just sways, darts and jumps all over the road. It's a car for cruising. No contest with euro cars.

A lesser powerful euro car will easily beat the SX4 at high speed driving.

My wish list for the refreshed / new SX4:

- Better refinement.

- Better NVH.

- Better steering.

- Better suspension. A good mix of ride and handling.

- More powerful engine.

- Above 4 poins are a must do. No point giving a powerfull VVT and 1.9DDis with the current set up.
Old 25th May 2009, 10:51   #58
Senior - BHPian

Now, no-frills Alto to take on Tata Nano- Automobiles-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times

NEW DELHI: Maruti Suzuki, which sells every second car sold in India, is going to refresh its entire existing portfolio of older models in the next 2 years, a top company executive said.

Swift, the largest selling premium hatchback in the country, will get a fresh design and new petrol engine while Maruti’s largest selling product Alto will come in two new variants.

A source in the automobile industry with direct knowledge of the plans said Alto will have a stripped down version to compete with Tata Motors’ small car Nano and an upmarket variant loaded with the new KB series engine to take on Hyundai Santro, GM’s Spark and other compact cars in the market.

Maruti’s other cars, the ageing WagonR and the Versa are also being overhauled while the company will tweak the engines of 25-year old Maruti 800 and the Omni to meet the new BS4 emission standards coming in April 2010. The Grand Vitara will also don a new engine.

Maruti Suzuki MD & CEO S Nakanishi said, “We have exhausted our quota of new cars with eight new launches in India in the past three years. Now we are looking at strengthening our leadership by refreshing our old portfolio.” The company has developed the new KB series petrol engines with an investment of Rs 1,200 crore, which will be strapped in several of these cars. In addition the company capex of Rs 1,800 crore in the fiscal will also fund the portfolio revamp.

Last edited by sidindica : 25th May 2009 at 10:52.
Old 27th May 2009, 10:17   #59
Senior - BHPian

1) Alto with A-star motor will be the car to watch out for. A-star motor weighs in 47kg dry. So its not a very heavy unit. Alto is not a very heavy car. This is going to one fast small car.

2) Wagon R is doing well in the market and has created a niche for itself. 73 bhp will help it fight with competition well.
I think for non E4 cities, they will also continue to offer F10D and that too with the LPG option.

3) Zen Estilo is best phased out. I cannot tolerate the insult of Zen brand name. Obviously the best small car Maurti ever built is Zen. Rattles never came in even after using it a lot.

4) SX4 needs an entirely new engine. Max, lets say, M16A VVT could give is 105-106 bhp. This car needs more. But I hope with VVT, the powerband will improve, specially at bottom end. A diesel is welcome, too.

What this would help maurti is to reduce cost. K12 being used by Wagon R, Ritz and may be Swift and Swift Dzire, so the parts sharing will lead to less cost. Also the small cars will come under tax benefit, so again they can price cars lower.

What I am expecting from Maruti : A small car that is as good as Zen and a mid size car that is as good as Baleno. Atleast from built quality ( read rattles ) and engine point of view.
Old 27th May 2009, 11:36   #60
Senior - BHPian

How much more can they strip the Alto than the existing base version?

It has no A/c, EPS heck not even remote fuel cap opener. What is there to strip now?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks