Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2008, 13:08   #16
Senior - BHPian

Nice scoop there JayD. So the New Indigo can also be expected soon.

I think they'll plonk the XL's petrol engine on this one.

OT: Will there be an Vista Marina as well?
Old 14th December 2008, 13:19   #17
BHPian

nice scoop! Small wheels with a glaring gap between the arches and the tyres, raised fugly rear...guess some things will never change...

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem View Post
I hate Tata's standard wheels they have running on their test mules. For a marque that owns Jag and Lan Rover, this is simply not acceptable.
maybe the 'marque' is better off dropping Jag and Land Rover, given the downgrading of their credit worthiness by S&P last week.

"Also, Jaguar and Land Rover, the marquee British brands that Tata Motors bought out early this year, have seen shrinking demand in the key markets of the US and Europe. This is likely to have an adverse impact on Tata Motors’ financial profile, the S&P statement said. "
Old 14th December 2008, 13:44   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teknophobia View Post
I have heard rumours that the Indigo will get the 90 BHP 1.3 with VGT, can anyone confirm?
well i believe new indigo will come with same petrol and diesel engines available in indica vista i.e 1.2 ltr petrol and 1.3 ltr 75 bhp diesel.It is going to compete with dzire,ikon tdci mainly.

i am just waiting for someone to post the pics as to how the car will look as space and looks will be the main selling points in this category since almost all car manufacturers are putting in same engines and service is almost same except ford ofcourse.
Old 14th December 2008, 14:04   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_himan View Post
nice scoop! Small wheels with a glaring gap between the arches and the tyres, raised fugly rear...guess some things will never change...

maybe the 'marque' is better off dropping Jag and Land Rover, given the downgrading of their credit worthiness by S&P last week.

"Also, Jaguar and Land Rover, the marquee British brands that Tata Motors bought out early this year, have seen shrinking demand in the key markets of the US and Europe. This is likely to have an adverse impact on Tata Motors’ financial profile, the S&P statement said. "
I am actually happy that Tata burnt their hands with Land Rover and Jaguar. Spcly as they never gave any benefits to us Indian's having bought these brands. No outsourcing of jobs to India (expected as per contract), no technology transfer to Tata's Indian cars (again as per contract with Ford), but they could have at least given us a CKD for Land Rover or Jag. Forget CKD how about a CBU? The answer is they did absolutely nothing for us, zero, zilch, nada...
Old 14th December 2008, 14:45   #20
Senior - BHPian

nice scoop. It seems a precedent has been set with Tata (and to an extent maruti with swift) to get out a hatch then follow it up with a sedan, then a station wagon type, then reduce the length of the boot (CS). With the Vista MJD, they have a purfect platform to do the same. perhaps they will take a shortcut to the CS variety sooner than later. Makes sence IMHO and VFM at that.
Old 14th December 2008, 15:21   #21
BHPian

Does Tata Motors have a manufacturing facility around Coimbatore, for them to be testing the vehicle there?
Old 14th December 2008, 15:34   #22
Senior - BHPian

I've requested the mods several times to watermark the pix, but nothing done so far, pls do it fast guys!

Last edited by JayD : 14th December 2008 at 15:35.
Old 14th December 2008, 16:33   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
I've requested the mods several times to watermark the pix, but nothing done so far, pls do it fast guys!
Too late now... by now its already been copied by most mags, they are really fast, it would have already made its way to many online blogs, printing presses would have already got the photos for the next issues, reporters across the world would already have these in their inboxes, for all we know, by now these photos would have made their way half way across the world to timbaktu.
You should be glad that you wont be sued by other magazines what they would now claim to be their copyright material.

Last edited by aseem : 14th December 2008 at 16:35.
Old 14th December 2008, 18:02   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post

I spotted this near singanellur on the way to trichy road.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivanoj View Post

Mods can watermark this ASAP

@karanraheja
it seems like road between hope college and singanallur (ESI hospital road)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitindangoria View Post
Does Tata Motors have a manufacturing facility around Coimbatore, for them to be testing the vehicle there?

@Rajiv & JayD- Yup even i got the hint its that road that connects Avinashi- Signallur. But just wanted to clarify.

@Nitin- There s no manufacturing facility as such. But lot of Tata cars being tested around this area. The Sumo grande, Indica vista were spotted quite often here before launch.
Old 14th December 2008, 18:05   #25
SuperSyn

This looks like a new Marina rather than a sedan.

Old 14th December 2008, 18:10   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
@Nitin- There s no manufacturing facility as such. But lot of Tata cars being tested around this area. The Sumo grande, Indica vista were spotted quite often here before launch.
New Page 1

They do a lot of work for Tata.

And their address is:

#2, Ondipudur Road, Singanallur, Coimbatore - 641 005.
Old 14th December 2008, 18:20   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem View Post
I am actually happy that Tata burnt their hands with Land Rover and Jaguar. Spcly as they never gave any benefits to us Indian's having bought these brands. No outsourcing of jobs to India (expected as per contract), no technology transfer to Tata's Indian cars (again as per contract with Ford), but they could have at least given us a CKD for Land Rover or Jag. Forget CKD how about a CBU? The answer is they did absolutely nothing for us, zero, zilch, nada...
I read that they are setting up dealerships in India for the Jag and Land Rover. So they will be here in India sooner than later.
Old 14th December 2008, 18:32   #28
BHPian

I myself saw a lot of Indigo 'Vista' mules on the Nagar highway on Friday. As many as 4-5 cars were spotted on the to and fro journey from Pune - Ahmednagar. And as many as 2 Tata Nanos as well. Possibly from the Ranjangaon Fiat plant.
Old 14th December 2008, 18:32   #29
Senior - BHPian

Guys, I had posted this some time back. Was caught by my friend on the Pondy highway from Chennai. Its the same car. TN 37 if right.

I hope they give Linea some time before they launch this.

Last edited by mail4ajo : 14th December 2008 at 18:38.
Old 14th December 2008, 19:19   #30
BHPian

Mktg Manager from Tata Motors ( my neighbour) confirmed that the gap between the launch of Linea and the New Vista based Indigo sedan would be 3 months. Earlier plan was to launch them back to back in a span of 1 month but the economy slowdown has made them rethink their launch strategy. He had been to Nashik and Nagar to test this sedan . The test mules have been produced in the Pimpri plant and they are doing extensive testing on this sedan as well as the Xover. No news on the Marina based station wagon as yet
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks