Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2009, 18:17   #166
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
The only logic i see is it may be an upgraded one with ABS/Alloys/Airbags and few more here and there.
Apart from that, I wish, they are testing a more powerful petrol engine for the Vista! I think Vista badly needs it.
Old 11th May 2009, 20:37   #167
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
The Vista Sedan will surely eat into the Swift D'zire sales is marketed, priced properly. I hope it looks better than the D'zire. But whats the use? The D'zire has
the lead in sales and reviews. Best of Luck TATA.
The Indica Vista just about managed to eat some sales of Swift DDIS. The only reason Indigo Vista would sell above Dzire would be :- better leg room. Lets see if the Indigo Vista has Airbags standard unlike Indica Vista.
Old 12th May 2009, 16:55   #168
BHPian

hope the Indigo Vista is not too late already

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
The Indica Vista just about managed to eat some sales of Swift DDIS. The only reason Indigo Vista would sell above Dzire would be :- better leg room. Lets see if the Indigo Vista has Airbags standard unlike Indica Vista.
And, TATA Motors has really delayed Indigo Vista launch. I know of several people how liked the basics of Indica Vista and wanted to wait for the sedan version, hoping for ABS and the 90 bhp engine version. Most of them expected it to be launched around Feb-Mar 09.

Over the last 6 weeks or so, I have seen them all go ahead and buy other cars - and only one bought a Tata car (Aura QJD). 2 Dzires, 1 swift, 1 Linea, and one guy completely surprised me and bought a used Corolla! There are a couple of folks left waiting for this weekend's Ritz launch to see if that will be enough for them.

Sure, the world is not coming to an end, but the initial interest in a VFM sedan version created by Vista seems to be losing steam.
Old 13th May 2009, 20:16   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
What I had said the other day was ABSOLUTELY SPOT ON. TATA HAS GONE BACK TO THE CONVENTIONAL DESIGN FOR THE SEDAN. yes yes yes, They are back to the conventional dashboard design. I think they ran the early test mules with the same dashboard as the vista. Given the negative feedback they must have got on various forums including ours, they have changed the dashboard layout. Avenger
Good to know that the new Indigo sedan is not just a clone of the Vista hatch with a boot added-on! Get us some pics of the interior, Avenger!
Old 17th May 2009, 00:59   #170
BHPian

launch date please

Any reliable launch-date indications?
Old 17th May 2009, 11:03   #171
BHPian

Supposed to be Sep 09 - according to a Tata-Fiat products launch timeline that had been appended to Ratan Tata's interview in Zigwheels a couple of months back. However, in another Tata Vista thread, a BHPian stated that a dealer informed him that the launch may be pushed later to Feb 10.
Old 17th May 2009, 15:46   #172
BHPian

@Rigid Rotor:

Thanks. I was debating whether to wait for it - I'm hoping that the car will look like a proper sedan this time with the 90bhp QJD. These timelienes are too late for me (it'll probably take another 3 months to stabilise the product, going by Tata Motors' car history).
Old 18th May 2009, 21:32   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guptad42 View Post
@Rigid Rotor:

Thanks. I was debating whether to wait for it - I'm hoping that the car will look like a proper sedan this time with the 90bhp QJD. These timelienes are too late for me (it'll probably take another 3 months to stabilise the product, going by Tata Motors' car history).
importance of time to market and timing of launch is something that hasn't been really the focus of the team, it looks like.

just think about it.

The Swift Diesel was the first hatch to offer the MJD, see how far its got ahead of the Palio and the Vista.

one would have though TATA would have learnt from that. but no.

the Dzire was again the first sedan to offer the MJD, and just see the amazing numbers that car is doing.

What customers will be left for the Indigo Quadrajet, when it does launch ???? this delay is going to be very very expensive for TATA in the long run.
Old 19th May 2009, 13:49   #174
BHPian

What customers will be left for the Indigo Quadrajet, when it does launch ???? this delay is going to be very very expensive for TATA in the long run.[/quote]

I totally agree with that!. Why does a company deprive its prospective customers from a quality product? i still dont seem to understand.
The indica vista is selling quite well and so far i have yet to see any major complaints being reported. Then what is stopping Mr. TATA from launching a sedan which has the highest possibility to succeed.
Old 20th May 2009, 10:30   #175
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
Saw a disguised test mule doing rounds in coimbatore a few days back, from the interior, it is clearly visible that it is the new Indigo. There was no testing equipment inside the car, so i guess they were just doing final rounds of road testing, implying it is close to release. The car had a very funny looking tail lamp though, but that too may have been placed for misleading the onlookers. Sorry for the poor pix! Taken from my phone cam.

Attachment 79406

Attachment 79407

Attachment 79408
Where did you saw this car? I Saw this on Trichy road, Singanallur.
Old 20th May 2009, 12:16   #176
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agbenny View Post
Where did you saw this car? I Saw this on Trichy road, Singanallur.
Yup you can spot it being tested in Golf course , Chettipalayam too. Its been spotted quite often there.
Old 20th May 2009, 17:31   #177
Senior - BHPian

Strange, Unlike earlier speculations it seems Tata is sticking to the centrally mounted instrument cluster, at least in this particular test mule.
Old 3rd June 2009, 21:42   #178
BHPian

Indigo Vista launch this month??

Cartradeindia.com, an online automobile site, has mentioned Indigo Vista as one of the cars which will be launched this month.

This is quite contrary to what Mr. Tata seems to have mentioned some time back.

Can anybody give some inside info on this, please.
Old 3rd June 2009, 21:46   #179
Senior - BHPian

Even the Economic Times(Mumbai edition) dated June 02 quoted that Tata is going to launch the Indigo Vista in June. So i suppose it must be true.
Old 4th June 2009, 00:50   #180
BHPian

IMO they will keep some gap between launch of Punto & Indigo Vista.So expect the Indigo Vista just before Diwali.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks