Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2009, 13:18   #241
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by safari_lover View Post
Does that mean the end of the road for the 1.4L Dicor? There was a scoop on the forum which said, there'll be an New Indigo Dicor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
yes, havent heard of dicor engine getting phased out fromtata, infact thats the engine which does duty on indigo's lineup till now, or maybe tata mght comeout with quadrajet indigo in new line and stop them, but what about its CS version , will it have new quadrajet engine as well.
1.4L DiCOR will not be phased out completely from TATA. Instead, with advent of Multi-Jet engines (which are essentially Common Rail Engines like DiCOR), this engine will be phased out from Indigo Line-up.

1.4L DiCOR will continue to serve its purpose in Indigo CS, Indigo Marina, and Indigo XL. Also current Indigo DiCOR will also continue to be produced for specific sectors like Government services and CSD purchases.

IMHO, A lot of research has gone into development of DiCOR engines and TATA MOTORS continue to put more money into this engine for it to be discontinued completely. Instead, Multi-Jet (Quadrajet) engines will serve the purpose on it current and forthcoming models till DiCOR Engine is deemed to be satisfactory for direct competition with diesel technology of the world.

This is a very smart move by TATA and eventually will bring more confidence in its customers (US!).
Old 29th August 2009, 23:53   #242
superveloce

i have sat inside the new indigo vista. and i must say i am impressed.

it is spacious as ever. the dials and instrument cluster have been shifted onto the drivers side from the centre. the centre console gets a bluetooth enabled music system with a number pad and call and disconnect buttons for the phone.

above the music system is a blue backlight multifunction display which shows you the average efficiency and range, alongwith a couple of more statistics. the boot is huge and almost linea like huge. no climate control though.
headlights are more upmarket than indica vista. chrome treated grill and restyled bumpers. even the base version has biege interiors.

the vista sedan gets 1.4 petrol engine from the linea/punto detuned to 85 ps.
also the vista sedan shares the same 1.3 multijet with the indica vista at 75 ps. on road target price is 7 lakhs.

oh and i have also seen the indicruz from inside and outside although thats the prototype being tested. will post in appropriate thread about that.

*i do have pictures but im not at liberty to publish them here.

Last edited by superveloce : 30th August 2009 at 00:03.

Old 30th August 2009, 01:23   #243
BHPian

indigo vista gonna launch in march 2010.Saw in news today.
Old 30th August 2009, 01:23   #244
Senior - BHPian

Nice update superveloce.This is a surprise,i dint expect Tata to develop a new interior for the Vista.I guess it has taken the threat of the dzire seriously.If Tata can get the fit and finish and pricing spot on,i wont be surprised if the rest of the sedans run for cover.
Old 30th August 2009, 12:36   #245
Senior - BHPian

superveloce, ah another update as well. i thought you knew only about the indicruze/newsafari.Hmm new interiors as well thats a good surprise as all here were sure it would be same as its hatch vista indica with centre mounted console.If pricing and quality are at par then sedans would see the heat of this new indigo for sure.
Old 30th August 2009, 17:07   #246
superveloce

i work for tata motors. and being an employee i cant reveal pictures that i have of the indigo vista sedan, nor can i be seen taking pictures inside the factory of prototype models. that would be highly unprofessional. its the petrolhead inside me that made me post these details so all the bhpians are not left believing rumours or hunches

well the interiors are really a step forward from the indica vista. the vehicle should launch by the end of this year if not earlier. the vehicle familiarization and technician training has started, we have received the diagnostic software for the vista sedan as well as the indicruz. also the new indicruz is not the new safari, a new safari is also on its way.

as far as the dicor issue goes, the indigo might have a tdi variant but definitely wont have a dicor variant as tata wouldnt want to have internal competition between its two common rail engines on the same car.

and as far as the boot integration goes, its better than the indigo but definitely not a thing of beauty. personally i dont like the whole idea of adding a boot to a small car. it makes good sense, but doesnt arouse any passion. as a practical car, with the QJD and the big boot, the new interiors as well as tata service support the indigo makes good sense.

Old 30th August 2009, 20:09   #247
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superveloce View Post
the dials and instrument cluster have been shifted onto the drivers side from the centre.
Any idea what prompted this move? It doesn't make economic sence, the overriding principle behind booting a hatch. Did customer surveys reveal a preference for driver-side instrument panel? If so, why did they go in for central console in the first place? Didn't they undertake customer surveys then? If they had, they would have learnt about customer preference much earlier. Initial prototypes of Vista sedan had Vista's central consol.

Any idea if the RHS consol will find its way to Vista?

Last edited by directinjection : 30th August 2009 at 20:11.
Old 30th August 2009, 20:44   #248
BHPian

Quote:
also the new indicruz is not the new safari, a new safari is also on its way.
Although the discussion will not belong to this thread, can you put some more more light on both the vehicles?
Old 30th August 2009, 21:03   #249
BHPian

Quote:
and as far as the boot integration goes, its better than the indigo but definitely not a thing of beauty. personally i dont like the whole idea of adding a boot to a small car. it makes good sense, but doesnt arouse any passion. as a practical car, with the QJD and the big boot, the new interiors as well as tata service support the indigo makes good sense.
Sigh... when will TATA start making good looking sedans? Seems like their intent is only to make a competitor for Dzire. That is definitely not enough.

From a previous post, if they are going to price it around 7 lakhs, then looks are definitely important.
Old 30th August 2009, 22:54   #250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shantyrocks View Post
indigo vista gonna launch in march 2010.Saw in news today.
if this is true, 2010 march seems to be a long time. may be tata is making sure to iron out all creases before the launch
Old 31st August 2009, 01:35   #251

Quote:
i work for tata motors. and being an employee i cant reveal pictures that i have of the indigo vista sedan, nor can i be seen taking pictures inside the factory of prototype models. that would be highly unprofessional. its the petrolhead inside me that made me post these details so all the bhpians are not left believing rumours or hunches
I respect your Professionalism, infact glad see that.

Quote:
well the interiors are really a step forward from the indica vista.
But the restless soul in me is desperate to know more about the interiors of Indigo Vista.

I guess the Bluetooth enabled Music System with a number pad is the same one that was in Anniversary Limited Edition Vista.

Is there a change in the current Indica Vista's (Dull & Uninspiring) Grey & Beige combination to a different interior shade? or it remains the same on the new Indigo Vista?

I am seriously expecting / hoping that TATA's change the Interior Shade on the Vista; whether Indica or Indigo they should go for a striking combination of Black & Beige or atleast Brown & Beige to give more upmarket feel to the Vista Family. Ofcourse a smaller Steering with Audio Controls, Metallic Door Knobs, etc...etc....

Quote:
Well aleast it should be better than the undesirable Dezire.

It make great sense for those belonging to a family of 6 footers and above, like me. Some times it feels like one should have been of average height & built to easily fit into cars that compromise on space & comfort like Swift, Punto, Dezire & even i20.

I can vouch for the fact that Indica/Indigo are the MOST SPACIOUS & COMFORTABLE CARS in their respective segments. Hence they make sense for the XL or XXL size.
Old 18th September 2009, 13:27   #252
Senior - BHPian

Is This The New Indigo?

Hi to all Tata Indigo lovers!!

Saw this heavily hooded car yesterday on NH4 between Pune and Satara.

This was a loner - haven't seen a loner used a test mule in the highways till now - only ones were in the city just before launch. So is this the new indigo you are awaiting?

Driver was against my snapping the pictures - but could not help it - what with being a t-bhpian!! (Posting here first - rather than sending it to autocar / overdrive - doesn't it say anything about my affinity to this forum?)

He took off, the moment he saw me snapping - had a look at the interiors when he opened the door - beige interiors, the usual tata steering and classy black dials. The turn indicators on the front and rear caught my fancy - set high and looked great! The "aura" from "vista"?! But why aren't the turn indicators on the mirrors missing? That would have been even more classy! Front bumper seems to be redesigned and the wheels seemed lo-pro, and upgrade will nicely reduce the existing car's gap (& remove the eyesore, too!). Same grills but more horizontal slats?

If you look carefully, you will see wire from the antenna going inside the bonnet - gps tracking?

Anybody wanting to upgrade - please snoop around for more info!!

MODS - Please merge this thread with any other indigo thread on the same lines - searched for sometime, but couldn't find one. Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop: Tata Indigo 'Vista' spotted!-oie_img_0614.jpg  

Scoop: Tata Indigo 'Vista' spotted!-oie_img_06156.jpg  

Last edited by Dippy : 18th September 2009 at 13:51. Reason: watermarking pics
Old 18th September 2009, 13:40   #253
Senior - BHPian

good hunting prabhu!

i guess you are right in saying that is an Indigo and it sure needed an upgrade after Vista!
Old 18th September 2009, 13:40   #254
Senior - BHPian

Yes! This the new Indigo Vista.Nice catch!
If you look closely you can see that it will have a new louvered grille and different rounded headlamp and indicator clusters!And a new set of wheelcaps!
Old 18th September 2009, 13:46   #255
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyAn! View Post
Yes! This the new Indigo Vista.Nice catch!
If you look closely you can see that it will have a new louvered grille and different rounded headlamp and indicator clusters!And a new set of wheelcaps!
well spotted my friend. This is the new indigo. doesit need to have that huge grill ? or is it just on the test mule.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks