Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2009, 07:06   #211
BHPian

God Sidindica help..help
Please share something on this also as we know you can extract scoop even from arctic circle. Is it not a fact?
Old 21st July 2009, 14:26   #212

Hahaha! It could be that Tata is now waiting for 2010 Auto Expo. Remember when the original Indigo was released. In the news they were saying 'India's first sedan' or something on those lines. It would be good if Tata show the new MPV and SUV at the same Expo.
Old 23rd July 2009, 16:28   #213
BHPian

Tata Motors may not phase out Indigo sedan with Indica Vista sedan launch

Tata Motors may not phase out Indigo sedan with Indica Vista sedan launch

Quote:
As the Indian automobile market gets competitive, a number of leading companies are inclined to continue with the older versions of their recently launched models. The sales of older models have continued despite newer models hitting the tarmac. Industry analysts have pointed out that generating volumes is the chief reason for such a move, as there is a certain section of consumers who would like for old models because of its economical viability. The only automakers that are bucking the trend are the Japanese automakers Toyota Motor and Honda Motors. Honda replaced the old City with a new model and Toyota replaced the Qualis with the Innova. Moreover, Toyota Altis has replaced the Corolla sedan.

Recently, Tata Motors has launched its all-new Indica Vista, without discontinuing its older versions like the 1.2 litre Xeta and the 1.4 litre diesel and one version each of Dicor and TCIC diesel. Likewise, Tata Motors are going to repeat the same strategy with its Indigo sedan after Indigo Vista’s (sedan based on Indica Vista) arrival, tentatively in Q2 FY 2009-10, as revealed by dealer sources requesting anonymity. However, it could not be ascertained whether the Indian automaker will continue with all the models or a handful of them. The company officials have, however refused to offer any comments regarding its future strategies.

Buoyed by the overwhelming success of its premium compact car-Indica Vista, Tata Motors is gearing up to roll out the sedan version of this car-Indigo Vista- by the second quarter of financial year 2009-10 (tentatively). As told by the company before, Tata Indigo Vista would be based on the Indica Vista platform and will be manufactured at the new Fiat-Tata joint venture at Ranjangaon in Maharashtra. Speculated to be priced above Rs. 5 lakh, the entry-level sedan would be pitted against Maruti Swift Dzire, Mahindra Renault Logan, Hyundai Accent, Ford Ikon, Chevrolet Aveo.

According to dealer sources requested anonymity, the new Tata Indigo Vista diesel will be equipped with the 1.3l Multijet engine of the Fiat Linea, and the petrol variant of the Tata Indigo Vista would be equipped with the 1.4l petrol engine powering the current Tata Indigo. Just like Indica Vista hatchback, the upcoming car will be having a central character line on the hood, sharp crease lines on the door below the beltline, a honeycomb grille and striking petal shaped headlamps with tall tail lights.

Last edited by anmol2k4 : 23rd July 2009 at 16:32.
Old 23rd July 2009, 17:25   #214
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Buoyed by the overwhelming success of its premium compact car-Indica Vista
Overwhelming success?Vista? I want to meet the author of this article. Vista is a very good product but is yet to taste success. It sells more than the Fusion but certainly less than what would call it a commercial success.

PS: Purely my view. And I love the car in red.
Old 23rd July 2009, 18:28   #215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
Overwhelming success?Vista? I want to meet the author of this article. Vista is a very good product but is yet to taste success. It sells more than the Fusion but certainly less than what would call it a commercial success.
Depends on where you are located. Noticed in Goa that it is impossible to travel on the highway without seeing one every ten minutes!
Old 23rd July 2009, 20:25   #216
Senior - BHPian

The IndigoCS is doing goo numbers. So they will not phase it out, soon.

BTW, I agree with Amtak here, the Vista could be a success but far from overwhelming, IMHO!
Old 23rd July 2009, 21:14   #217
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapezio View Post
Depends on where you are located. Noticed in Goa that it is impossible to travel on the highway without seeing one every ten minutes!
I agree with you.
In the NCR region as well i spot quiet a lot vistas.
People need to realise they cannot beat a swift or ritz sale but as far as Tata's expectations go it is a success for them.
Old 24th July 2009, 01:38   #218
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by safari_lover View Post
Here's the link to the news item on zigwheels website.

Automotive launch pad for June - News- Zigwheels
I set sight on the rendering of the new Vista sedan in the website linked above and once again i find myself praying before the launch of a new Indian car. I pray reality isn't like the drawing and it is a spoof , not the real thing.
Old 24th July 2009, 08:20   #219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapezio View Post
Here in Guwahati I have hardly seen any new V2 on the road but plenty of Vista TDi cars over the last one month. It seems that the Quadrajet is not selling much here.

Will the Indigo Vista come with ABS-EBD option? I also heard that an Indica Vista Quadrajet with ABS might come soon.
Old 24th July 2009, 10:06   #220
Senior - BHPian

Lately i have been spotting quite a few Vista's . But most of them in TDI badging. But i agree it surely does not sell as much as a Swift . So the Indigo Vista gets the Linea's 1.3 90 bhp? Wouldnt that engine and better space (after seeing Indica vista) give Indigo Vista upperhand compared to Dzire. Bring it on Tata!
Old 24th July 2009, 10:32   #221
BHPian

I could spot lot of Vista nowadays in Pune. In my company parking I could see more Vistas getting added every month. Right now I can see 8 to 10 Vistas in my company parking. Most of them are TDi.

I personally own Vista Quadrajet for last 6 months. And I am very very happy and satisfied customer. Till date I can say with my experience TATA Service is also top notch level. Day by day my car getting better. In last 6 months I have clocked around 17000 kilometers. At start I had problem with interior quality and rattling but TATA Service was prompt to solve all these problems. Right now my car is zero rattling car on any type of road. This car is really good buy with huge space, good interiors and decent performance.

And I hope Indigo Vista will be big hit and will compete DZire. I personally dont love DZire side profile because of its A-Pillar slope. And I have spotted Indigo Vistas and Pune Banglore highway lot times. And I can easily say, this car has lot of potential because Indigo Vista profile is really very attractive and looks very very huge car.

Last edited by sushantr5 : 24th July 2009 at 10:35.
Old 24th July 2009, 10:47   #222
Senior - BHPian

Guys, my post was about the "Overwhelming success" of the vista comment by the author. It was off topic and my comment has resulted in everyone going OT. Let's get back to the topic of Visa Sedan. Thanks!
Old 24th July 2009, 11:11   #223
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
Guys, my post was about the "Overwhelming success" of the vista comment by the author. It was off topic and my comment has resulted in everyone going OT. Let's get back to the topic of Visa Sedan. Thanks!
Um, Visa Sedan. Isn't that off topic, too?.

Jokes apart, I remember a scoop by Sidindica, which says the New Indigo will also come with Tata's Dicor engine along with the one from Linea.

Last edited by safari_lover : 24th July 2009 at 11:13.
Old 24th July 2009, 11:34   #224
Senior - BHPian

The IndiXX series has been a success. I recently rvelled to Manali and saw alot od Indigo CS and Vistas on the roads . These cars may not carry much appeal in the larger cities abut are very popular in smaller cities where the inherent strength of the product attracts customers. Taxi cab image is not too big an issue over there, and vehicles are judged on basis of what the product offers.

Brand image is a factor that is more important in the metros where people like to go in for brands like Honda even though they may be priced much higher than competition.

It would not be wrong to say that a car is an aspirtation in smaller towns. In metros people aspire for premium cars/features/image.
Old 24th July 2009, 22:12   #225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickatnite View Post
I set sight on the rendering of the new Vista sedan in the website linked above and once again i find myself praying before the launch of a new Indian car. I pray reality isn't like the drawing and it is a spoof , not the real thing.
Yeah, that supposed rendering of Indigo Vista in Zigwheels is downright horrible!! It makes even the Dzire look proportionate and attractive!

Anybody spotted any more test mules or prototypes? Its been pretty quiet on the 'spy' photos front for a while now.

Last edited by Rigid Rotor : 24th July 2009 at 22:14.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks