Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2009, 13:28   #121
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jithudigitised View Post
@Rigid_Rotor

From the pic you posted it looks nice.But if tata decides to design the indigo vista as maruti dzire, then it will be more uglier than the dzire itself.
Well if the scoop pic is of new indigo vista, then we can wait and see them in flesh.Hope the sumo grande design team doesn't design this car!!
Dude! Just Chill. Nothing can beat the dezire in ugliness. Only Maruti can do such ugly jobs.

The indigo looks better than the indica and the indigo cs looks even better than the indigo.

Tata's always improve and learn their lessons. I am sure the Vista platform was designed keeping the sedan in mind and not an after thought like the dezire.

Hence, the Indigo Vista will definitely look better than than the Indica vista.

Cheers,
Nitin
Old 15th March 2009, 14:36   #122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revhappy View Post
I am sure the Vista platform was designed keeping the sedan in mind and not an after thought like the dezire.
+1 to that. Its the Indica Vista that looks like its a sedan with the boot chopped off. Which is better than an appendage added to a hatch later.
Old 17th March 2009, 18:58   #123
BHPian

And what about the niggles ? Will Tata remain consistent and true to form and make sure the Vista sedan also has its fair share of niggles?

Thankfully though, Vista owners haven't yet reported major problems with the MJT engine or the FIAT gearbox!

Any predictions for the Vista sedan, then ??
Old 17th March 2009, 21:20   #124
BHPian

new rendering

Has autocar watermark but I found it here: flickr.

Scoop: Tata Indigo 'Vista' spotted!-3127892515_fe51a95c51.jpg
Old 17th March 2009, 21:26   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigid Rotor View Post
And what about the niggles ? Will Tata remain consistent and true to form and make sure the Vista sedan also has its fair share of niggles?

Thankfully though, Vista owners haven't yet reported major problems with the MJT engine or the FIAT gearbox!

Any predictions for the Vista sedan, then ??
Tata must have taken feed back for Vista and tried sorting out few things in Indigo Vista. Atleast i am hoping so.

Any news about the launch as many people were claiming it in march and i can see mid of march is here?

@Comrade- IMO it looks quiet decent. Wheelcaps are ugly though.
Old 17th March 2009, 22:23   #126
BHPian

Well, well, well,
The spy pic by Comrade shows up all the Tata trade marks -
- Raised rump
- Small wheels for larger wheel wheels - especially at the front.
- That somewhat 'unplanted' stance of the vehicle.
- Plain Jane wheel caps (already commented).
- Perhaps the drawings looked better than the actual pic - wish it was the other way 'round!!
Old 1st April 2009, 12:29   #127
BHPian

It sure shot is a good looking car if we get as here in pics. Any news when is it being launched?
Old 1st April 2009, 13:32   #128
Senior - BHPian

Why can't we accept Vista Sedan if we can Indica Sedan aka Indigo ?? Though cursed like anything, it still rules the sales chart.
Old 1st April 2009, 13:37   #129
Senior - BHPian

The profile looks good except for the tiny wheels - shouldnt be a problem for most BHPians as the first thing we do after buying a car is to get replacement wheels and tyres!!!!

I hope they do something about that stupid smiley grille in front. It was nice to see initially, but is now getting under the skin after more than a decade on the road.

Lose the smiley, Tata! Give us a scowl!

PS: I agree that the greenhouse makes the hatch look like a sedan with the boot chopped off, rather than making the sedan look like a hatch with a boot stuck on. Good planning.

Last edited by Steeroid : 1st April 2009 at 13:38.
Old 1st April 2009, 13:51   #130
Senior - BHPian

I dont think sales will be a problem if the car comes with a diesel engine and a mouth watering price. Ugliness did not prevent the Dzire from being a hit and this is a far better looking car.
Looking at the pics available so far Tata has done little to raise the profile of the Indigo Vista, same looks, cheap wheel caps etc. Perhaps this is a sign that the car will be really competitively priced.
Also Mr.Tata has aldready confirmed that the Prima is not just a Auto show mock up but a serious production prototype, this will help Tata cover the entire price spectrum for Sedans ranging from 4 to 10 lacs, starting with the existing Indigo CS, upcoming Indigo Vista and finally the Prima.
Either that or I had way too much to drink yesterday.
Old 1st April 2009, 13:57   #131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortbread View Post
Either that or I had way too much to drink yesterday.
Or it has something to do with the date.
Old 8th May 2009, 12:43   #132
BHPian

Scoop: Fresh Maal

Hey,

saw this vehicle on karve road today morning. since it was stuck in traffic, I could manage to take some snaps.
first two snaps show the front end matches the Vista while the rear end matches with the photoshop work done by most folks including ACI.

the next 2 snaps are more interesting. the car has it's dashboard covered. there was a small swoop in the centre above the ac vents. the real interesting thing was that it extended till the driver side.
so the question is: Is Tata dumping the centre console design used in Vista for a more normal design? If yes, that would be step in the right direction because I personally don't like the centre console design.

Avenger

Note to Mods: Since my post will actually get posted only after approval, please watermark the photos I have uploaded.
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop: Tata Indigo 'Vista' spotted!-imag0115.jpg  

Scoop: Tata Indigo 'Vista' spotted!-imag0113.jpg  

Scoop: Tata Indigo 'Vista' spotted!-imag0111.jpg  

Scoop: Tata Indigo 'Vista' spotted!-imag0112.jpg  

Old 8th May 2009, 13:05   #133
Senior - BHPian

Avenger nice catch, the front looks different from the VISTA and huge it is also very different from the picture posted in the 1st post on this thread.

This look makes it look very good, hope we get to see a better picture of the front of the vehicle.

Last edited by gowda79 : 8th May 2009 at 13:08.
Old 8th May 2009, 13:06   #134
Senior - BHPian

The front grill ,even though it is covered gives a robust feeling unlike what we have now,Interior looks different as you said.The rear is also swooping down.Overall feel is a nice shape.Very nice find buddie.
cheers

ram
Old 8th May 2009, 13:34   #135
BHPian

Nice catch, Avenger

Looking at the overall profile, I think Tata probably had benchmarked the Indigo Vista against the NHC so it should again be a class leader in the segment that it operates in. The boot section looks humongous, hopefully we will get a nice shape rather than the Bangle butt of the Dzire.

In the second pic, you can see that the rear suspension is totally compressed, I think the car is probably running some kind of load/FE test.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks