Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2009, 09:37   #151
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushantr5 View Post
I could manage to drive parallel with them and I saw same interior as Indica Vista. I will upload some pictures soon.

And one Tata Ace like Vehicle under testing was moving at equal speed with them with full load.. more than 90 KMPH.

And behind them, Tata's Innova like car under testing. That was also having same size petal shaped headlamps as Indica Vista. That Vehicle was very huge. I can not recall its name but it is in this forum somewhere... Tata concept Vehicle..Indicruz... yeah It was Indicruz...
Waiting for the pictures. Please upload them soon.
Old 9th May 2009, 12:06   #152
BHPian

I am travelling next week on pune banglore highway till kolhapur will keep my camera ready to click few pictures as am not driving
Old 9th May 2009, 21:49   #153
BHPian

Was the Vista family planned as sedan first?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigid Rotor View Post
Good catch, Avenger!
The rear end does appear to have a proportionate taper from the 'C' pillar; although the size of the rear appears to be huge.

As to whether its ugly, pretty or just Plain Jane, I suppose will depend a great deal on the execution of the design in detail - and to see all that I we will just have to wait for the covers to come off!
The taper from the C pillar looks very proper-sedan like, not the ugly old indigo's lump of a boot that looks like welded to a hatch. I think this may have been helped by the sedan like tapering profile of the Indica Vista at the back - the same taper that's been causing some negative feedback about lack of headroom at rear seat.

Looks like the Indica Vista was planned with the sedan in mind or even as a sedan that can be chopped into a hatch rather than the other way around. Hope the boot's detail/shape is something that looks good with the rest of the car. TATA could also use the Vista's waistline crease to good effect in creating a rear that holds well together.
Old 11th May 2009, 09:11   #154
BHPian

Hello guys any more news on the launch dates? Is it going to be launched at the auto expo 2010 (new delhi)?
update needed!!
cheers!
Old 11th May 2009, 10:14   #155
Senior - BHPian

Schitre05,

The Indigo Vista !!, or whatever it is christened , will bw launched much earlier than 2010. It should happen before September.
Old 11th May 2009, 11:25   #156
BHPian

Here are some pics. These pics are so bad in quality and adds nothing more information. My friend was taking picture with mobile camera thats why most pictures are blurred.

Last picture is of Tata concept Indicruz.
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop: Tata Indigo 'Vista' spotted!-dsc00664.jpg  

Scoop: Tata Indigo 'Vista' spotted!-dsc00666.jpg  

Scoop: Tata Indigo 'Vista' spotted!-dsc00667.jpg  

Scoop: Tata Indigo 'Vista' spotted!-dsc00669.jpg  

Old 11th May 2009, 12:20   #157
BHPian

Update - Indigo Vista Sedan spotted

@gowda79, indivic, sanstorm, Teddybear, Rigid Rotor Thanks for your comments.

@sushantr5, ajnagpur wait till you read this post.

vivekanand005, yes I did. It definitely looks better.

Now for the "ankhon dekha haal, drroooll maaaal"

Today morning coming to office, I had a treat, a really good one.
Spotted 2 Nanos, 2 Indigo Vista sedans, one Vista all undergoing testing. Same place like last time. The stretch between Karve Putla and Paud Bridge Signal, for people who stay in Pune. We had bumper to bumper traffic today morning so I have all the time in the world to drool. This time around, I couldn't take any snaps, s**t. I really feel that way because one of the sedans was running in the middle of the city with passenger side window rolled down.
What does that mean? I could see the interiors of the car very clearly since I was standing next to the passenger door. What more do you need? do ya.

So here are the details.

What I had said the other day was ABSOLUTELY SPOT ON. TATA HAS GONE BACK TO THE CONVENTIONAL DESIGN FOR THE SEDAN. yes yes yes, They are back to the conventional dashboard design. I think they ran the early test mules with the same dashboard as the vista. Given the negative feedback they must have got on various forums including ours, they have changed the dashboard layout.
The dashboard now has swooping lines similar to Vista but looked different. I am not sure whether it was because the vista has 2 tone dashboard. One of the sedan has a space for stereo, a double din one like i10/Zen Estile. The other one has standard Stereo fitted with design looking. Again, it looked more upmarket than the current one on the Vista and similar to one in Swift/Dzire. It had "Tata" written over it so I am guessing that it will be part of standard fitment for higher versions.
Now to the main exciting part...
The dashboard swoop start just above the AC vents in the middle, which made many people think that the dashboard design will be like the Vista. But Tata has gone really upmarket, atleast with the dashboard design. Like I said in my previous post, the swoop continues to the driver side. That's correct. From a driver's view, it would look something like this.
Behind the steering, I would see 4 circles. 2 Big ones like the current Indigo showing speed and RPM. The temp gauge and Fuel gauge have their own small rings, one on each side near the bottom. The one on the right hand bottom side was the fuel gauge, my guess based on the needle position.
There was a large LCD strip above the AC vents. What that would mean is Tata's is going upmarket and getting a MID/DIS/... That would be so so nice. I am all for it.

If anyone from Tata's is following this thread, you have my vote. The dashboard looked really nice.

Avenger
Old 11th May 2009, 14:00   #158
Senior - BHPian

Great work Avenger, Pls. keep the info flowing.
Old 11th May 2009, 14:05   #159
BHPian

Thanks Avenger!! for the update, sad that you didnt have any camera on you! next time please try and have it. Pictures speak a thousand words!
Did you get a chance to speak to the test drivers? about any announcements from Tata regarding launch dates!
Quality improvement on Tata cars would be highly appreciated and i think its high time they started rolling out cars with expected quality standards in their respective segments!
I am so hooked on to this thread!

Last edited by Technocrat : 11th May 2009 at 14:29. Reason: only 2 smilies per post allowed, please read the board rules, thanks
Old 11th May 2009, 14:35   #160
BHPian

If TATA comes with conventional dashboard design then that would be really nice. But contrary to this Indigo Vista I saw has central console. We should wait and watch for the final outcome.
Old 11th May 2009, 16:36   #161
Senior - BHPian

Nice work there, Avenger! Could you make out the engine that was being tested, Diesel or Petrol?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenger View Post

Today morning coming to office, I had a treat, a really good one.
Spotted 2 Nanos, 2 Indigo Vista sedans, one Vista all undergoing testing.....

Avenger
Why is Tata still testing the Vista? Did you notice any difference between the current Vista and the one that you spotted?
Old 11th May 2009, 16:56   #162
BHPian

It looks like the indicruz has 2 rear silencers. did anyone noticed?
it also looks tall stance line Xylo, hopefully the fit and finish is better as well as the plastics are good. i am interested to see any bad plastics around including the door handles.

-MUKE
Old 11th May 2009, 17:04   #163
Senior - BHPian

The Vista Sedan will surely eat into the Swift D'zire sales is marketed, priced properly. I hope it looks better than the D'zire. But whats the use? The D'zire has
the lead in sales and reviews. Best of Luck TATA.
Old 11th May 2009, 17:29   #164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by safari_lover View Post
Nice work there, Avenger! Could you make out the engine that was being tested, Diesel or Petrol?

Why is Tata still testing the Vista? Did you notice any difference between the current Vista and the one that you spotted?
The only logic i see is it may be an upgraded one with ABS/Alloys/Airbags and few more here and there.
Old 11th May 2009, 17:35   #165
Senior - BHPian

To avoid stealing fiat's thunder when it launches the GP etc ?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks