Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th June 2005, 03:08   #31
BHPian

mods plz post the rest of my previous plost because I feel i have made a very valid point and I know that most of the people pn this forum will agree with me.
Old 27th June 2005, 12:00   #32
Senior - BHPian

Well am currently in NZ & i am really surprised by the excellant driving habit of people here. They drive fast(atleast the initial is loud ) but still they leave huge gaps between two cars, they give way to pedestrians & it all seems as if everything is centrally controlled ;-)

OT: Some of the cars are nicely souped up & sound awesome :-)
Old 27th June 2005, 12:46   #33
Senior - BHPian

And lights ?

Well the discussion till now strangely seems to have missed out on another fav driving style of our 'dear' fellow country men and women .. one which drives me nuts .. and that is driving with a high beam (and at times even when parked) !

I've often daydreamed of installing 2 electronically and internally adjustable searchlights on my car .. on the roof .. one facing the front , one the rear ..
and then the moment I spot one of those morons heading at me or burning up my rear view mirror .. I switch them on and let them have it ..

Regarding taxis parked '30ft' away from the kerb .. they shouldn't be fined .. the police should just walk up and smash their headlights/windscreens .. as a matter of fact , that would be the most potent deterrent to all the lawlessness .. fines will never work in India ..
Old 27th June 2005, 13:17   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc
Regarding taxis parked '30ft' away from the kerb .. they shouldn't be fined .. the police should just walk up and smash their headlights/windscreens .. as a matter of fact , that would be the most potent deterrent to all the lawlessness .. fines will never work in India ..

That will do the trick..
Old 27th June 2005, 14:03   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Well the discussion till now strangely seems to have missed out on another fav driving style of our 'dear' fellow country men and women .. one which drives me nuts .. and that is driving with a high beam (and at times even when parked) !
Dude i totally agree with you.
And to solve this problem some fool in police department had the bright idea, that headlights should be switched off on airport road and other imp roads at night. Man it was scary to ride without headlights, pedestrians just merge with the background.

Quote:
This is nothing short of road rage!!. Remember they are not enjoying themselves by parking like that. It is just to gain a small cometitive edge over other taxis. And for public buses its a different matter.

Last edited by Conan : 27th June 2005 at 14:06.
Old 27th June 2005, 14:31   #36
BHPian

by the way our political system is, and how the Cops are - in soem cases, not able to do their work correctly, in rest most of the cases - dont do their work properly, lot due to some stupid funny rules, its difficult to get a neat and nice driving system.

What india needs is a goood Dictatorship Rule, to sort out all such issues.
I think the Fines should be imposed more heavy to more costly cars...

for example, Rs.100 for a "Parking in No-Parking Zone" ... how much would it affect a person owning a pricey car! ? he wudnt even be bothered about it, and wud rather pay the 100 and just park it in the no parking zone!

the costlier the car, the more hefty the fine should be! say like, Rs.1,000 for a skoda owner, Rs, 2000 for a Honda Accord owner, and Rs. 10,000 for a Merc C Class owner. unless the Fine pinches one, they dont understand the importance of not breaking a rule.

i once paid AU$200 while i was driving at 83kmph on a 80 Zone! that pinched me like someone piched my back hard! n after that i never crossed the limits.
Old 27th June 2005, 14:34   #37
BHPian

Quote:

I've often daydreamed of installing 2 electronically and internally adjustable searchlights on my car .. on the roof .. one facing the front , one the rear ..
and then the moment I spot one of those morons heading at me or burning up my rear view mirror .. I switch them on and let them have it ..

wow bro! u just talked my heart out! many a times i too dreamt the exact same thing! i wish i could have such a thing fitted to my car!

same goes with the action u recommend the police to take to taxi drivers disobeying the rules!
Old 27th June 2005, 14:36   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Devil
What india needs is a goood Dictatorship Rule, to sort out all such issues.
Dictators don't come with magic wands to sort out all issues. It eventually boils down to effective and honest implementation of rules by police. I don't think Australia, where you paid that fine, is ruled by a dictator.
Old 27th June 2005, 14:43   #39
BHPian

It isnt, but then, they have everything planned out from ages, till future long time! as we are very very unplanned and haphazard development going around, here we do need a good dictator to whip the Government Employees and the Public when one does wrong! here no one is scared of the law! in Australi, they respect and obey the law, they understand that obeying the law means saftey and well being of their own self and they understand they are making it a better place for their children to live in.

Unfortunately, here MOST of the people are thinking for their own. not for the community as one.

Thus, a suggestion for a Miracle to happen , a GodSent Good Natured, Disciplined- At The Same Time Practical, Dictator is put in, to punish the law disobeyers!

Please God, listen to me, this once!

PS: When i paid the $200 fine in Australia, i happily paid it without regret, that this fine is going to the right hands, not in someone's left pockets!

Last edited by Insane Devil : 27th June 2005 at 14:44.
Old 27th June 2005, 14:56   #40
BHPian

Hi Insane_devil,
You seem to know a lot of our political system and recommend "Dictatorship".
I ask u just two questions.
1. Are u an indian citizen? or a snobish NRI.
2. How many times have u voted? to remove the corrupt politician.

I would rather have an independent Anarchy than some f**ker tell me what to do and what not to do.... in and with my life.

No offence meant.

Conan

PS:- London is the most unplanned city in the world.
Old 27th June 2005, 15:05   #41
Senior - BHPian

I had this incidenct recently. I was taking about to take a right turn and I also indicated likewise. I was waiting for the traffic from the opposite direction to recede after which I planned to move. But a sumo guy behind me was honking at me furiously. I assumed that he was also planning to take that right turn. Ofcourse, he was not indicating. I gestured that I will wait for the traffic to recede, but the honking just continued. I really got pissed off. When I finally managed to take a right turn, I decided to give him a taste of his own medicine. I just let him overtake me and when he did so, I started honking at him furiously. I managed to irritate him enough for him to signal me to overtake me. But I deliberately did not accept that offer. Instead, I kept on honking at him for quite a while. Then I decided that the guy might have learnt his lesson well and just became a good citizen again. I generally maintain my cool, but sometimes I really enjoy kicking these peoples' b**t just for the heck of it.
Old 27th June 2005, 15:13   #42
Senior - BHPian

@Insane_devil, I am sure you mean it all in good sense and you really want things in India to change for good. Democracy has it pitfalls, in fact, sometimes to the extremes of catastrophe, but then dictatorship isn't the ultimate solution. Just my opinion, nothing personal!
Old 27th June 2005, 15:20   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conan
Hi Insane_devil,
You seem to know a lot of our political system and recommend "Dictatorship".
I ask u just two questions.
1. Are u an indian citizen? or a snobish NRI.
2. How many times have u voted? to remove the corrupt politician.

I would rather have an independent Anarchy than some f**ker tell me what to do and what not to do.... in and with my life.

No offence meant.

Conan

PS:- London is the most unplanned city in the world.
@Conan:
1. Thats precisely the problem with India. No egotistical Indian likes being told what to do, even if its for his/her own good. I don't think you're getting the point here. Wanting a dictator to head India is just wishful thinking (I positively don't want one). Everybody knows that there's a 0% chance of THAT ever happening.

2. And yes, if you know one uncorrupt politician please let me know so that I can vote for him. I'm trying hard to find one, but obviously I must be blind.

3. Be tolerant of your fellow beings - don't use foul language and then say "No offence meant".

4. Unplanned and indisciplined are two different things. I've been to London and I didn't find it indisciplined at all. Quite the opposite, in fact.
Old 27th June 2005, 15:46   #44
BHPian

@Camry:
1. Please don't generalize on Indians. Constructive criticism is fine but cribbing is not.

2. Choose the best apple buddy, instead of giving this lame excuse.
Once u start giving importance to things like righteousness, politicians will oblige.
(they are turn coats remember, maybe they turn righteous ).
Don't abuse your right by not using it and then start complaining.

3. Hey man my comment was directed at dictators for what they are.
If u take it personnel, then man its ur problem.

4. I gave the example of London for unplanned because of this comment
"as we are very very unplanned and haphazard development going around".
And I never said London is "Undisciplined".
Btw I am in Singapore currently and I think I know the difference.
Old 27th June 2005, 16:02   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1. Thats precisely the problem with India. No egotistical Indian likes being told what to do, even if its for his/her own good.
I think the point Conan was trying to make is that NRI's leave country to get more money & leave their country behind & let it die
& whenever just come back for few days start whinning as how india will never be good & how people s**k
they don't want to stay here & help country grow (you can even help building country by following laws simple) but just keep on whinning

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks