Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2009, 17:57   #16
Senior - BHPian

in mumbai, i have seen very few of them. i have seen more i20s on road.
Old 26th July 2009, 18:04   #17
Senior - BHPian

Same here... Seeing 2-3 per outing (almost). More than the i20.

White Jazz + Black Tinted Windows + Oversized White+Silver alloys = Woah!
Old 26th July 2009, 18:19   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
Yeah, I think I too spotted the same but, thats about it. No more than that.
There is a Red one in my office itself... Looks like someone got their bonus this year.

Saw a blue one and a silver one in and around JP Nagar. Saw another Red one near Marathahalli. All three on one Saturday evening.
Old 26th July 2009, 18:26   #19
Team-BHP Support

I think two months within launch is not the best time to judge a car's success. There's a lot of initial euphoria driven sales. Lets see what the Jazz numbers settle to after 4 - 6 months of launch. Although it seems to be a great product, at the asking price combined with lack of features, I hope it bombs - Honda really needs customer feedback to force them into right pricing.

On the side, I am informed that while there are lots of inquiries, its not translating into commensurate sales on account of the high price tag.
Old 26th July 2009, 18:35   #20
BANNED

Honda Jazz is very much a hit in the international market and with the Straight H badge anything from Honda will sell like hot cakes!! in India and yes. Frankly speaking. Honda is a Class apart in terms of reliability. so is toyota!! . Then Yes Honda played the right cards by bringing in the City initially to the indian Market and hence with its fuel efficient engines and with more than enough power. It took Honda to be known as a status brand!. this has led to Honda making huge premiums. they decimated the competition with the i-dsi Engine! 17kmpl inside city consistently is no joke!.

I have seen on this forum that when its a honda its always overpriced! read ANHC and JAZZ ( its overpriced for the fact that it has got that much image and value associated with it.!!) why this attitude! isnt it a fact that the ANHC is the sedan to own in C segment when a petrol is considered??

coming to the JAZZ.
When the Women in the house look at it both from outside, together with the fact that Honda is prestige thing to own, they just put their foot down and get it for them.
coming to interiors. we all know that honda gives too little for the price! this is a clever tactic to release later models with better equipments and a higher price too. ITS A BUSINESS. Honda isnt here to do us indians a favour!

please dont compare Honda with the Fiat!! i know most of the guys compare the Jazz with the Punto?? lets get this Straight. HONDA is Not Bothered About Fiat at all. The image of honda is leagues ahead of the image that Fiat has in India and Abroad.

( though Shocking to some Ford and Chevrolet is considered second class when compared to the honda and toyota in the USA. )

Compare th Honda with Hyundai( these guys are seriously moving ahead in Europe giving nightmares to the competetion with their i10, i20 and i30 yes it sells real better than a honda in the europe. their 5 year warranty had made the europeans look at other brands with suspicion!!)

So End result is , those who already have a honda will never look at another car when they go for a city hatchback.( image and A.S.S and reliabilty of previous car here!)

those who want or are going to get a City hatchback and is among those who always wanted to join the honda club will also go for the Jazz. and yes the City hatchback or Supermini as they call it here in europe is maily meant for the cities!! here the Jazz with interior space best in class makes the best choice for the comman man.

had honda been good at having low capacity diesels read below 2L CTDi engines , they would have brought in the ANHC with a diesel motor and it would have outsold everything else!!.

Japanese vehicles are seen as no nonsense , Stylish, MOST Reliable!!.

So sorry to say it Honda Jazz is over priced! but hey We guys like it( i meant guys like me who are not auto enthusiats! to be more specific guys who use cars as a means of transport from Point A to Point B) for Obvious reasons! so Still Honda will still go back to the bank smiling!! in India atleast! not sure of the global scenario
Old 26th July 2009, 19:08   #21
BHPian

There are many in mumbai,but Ritz are really raining in Mumbai.
Old 26th July 2009, 19:35   #22
Senior - BHPian

Seen a lot of I20s a few Ritz and even a Punto (though a test drive one). Yet to see a Jazz on road.
Old 26th July 2009, 19:38   #23
BHPian

After reading 2 pages, I ask, what are we discussing on this topic?
Old 26th July 2009, 20:00   #24
Senior - BHPian

LOL - thanks for lightning up my Sunday !!

Raining Jazz' - haha - I have seen 1 - yes only 1 - till date in Mumbai.
Old 26th July 2009, 20:17   #25
Senior - BHPian

I have spotted at least 5 Jazz in Bangalore in last 2 weeks. Definitely people are buying it even with 'overpriced' tag. But I still think, they are basically otherwise Honda City buyers who have turned to Jazz. I am waiting for the July sales numbers to see if that is the case.
Old 26th July 2009, 21:10   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas8700 View Post
isnt it a fact that the ANHC is the sedan to own in C segment when a petrol is considered??
why? not necessarily.

Quote:
coming to interiors. we all know that honda gives too little for the price! this is a clever tactic to release later models with better equipments and a higher price too. ITS A BUSINESS. Honda isnt here to do us indians a favour!
that applies to all car manufacturers. every manufacturer is here to do a BUSINESS, nobody is objecting to that here.
Dont do us a favour, but dont fleece us!

Quote:

please dont compare Honda with the Fiat!! i know most of the guys compare the Jazz with the Punto?? lets get this Straight. HONDA is Not Bothered About Fiat at all. The image of honda is leagues ahead of the image that Fiat has in India and Abroad.
looks like you absolutely love honda.

Quote:
( though Shocking to some Ford and Chevrolet is considered second class when compared to the honda and toyota in the USA. )

Compare th Honda with Hyundai( these guys are seriously moving ahead in Europe giving nightmares to the competetion with their i10, i20 and i30 yes it sells real better than a honda in the europe. their 5 year warranty had made the europeans look at other brands with suspicion!!)
the US market is different from the indian. in US, people have the money to invest in brand & quality. in India, we look for maximum VALUE for money.

Quote:
So End result is , those who already have a honda will never look at another car when they go for a city hatchback.( image and A.S.S and reliabilty of previous car here!)
again not necessarily. my cousin has a city Vtec. he is in the market for a hatchback. after test driving the jazz, i20 & fabia, he now booked the i20. that does not mean he is against honda, he is just not emotional to get carried away by any brand & their tactics.

Quote:
here the Jazz with interior space best in class makes the best choice for the comman man.
India's common man does not have 9 lakhs to spare!!! if he does, he will buy a sedan. heck, even SUVs come at that price in india!

Quote:
Japanese vehicles are seen as no nonsense , Stylish, MOST Reliable!!.
Finally, i agree to something you said, Lol!!!

Last edited by raj_5004 : 26th July 2009 at 21:11.
Old 26th July 2009, 21:21   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas8700 View Post

I completely agree with you. Main reason for us to buy honda jazz was honda's image, trust & confidence in its technology, and its hassle free A.S.S.
Old 26th July 2009, 21:31   #28
BHPian

Is it raining jazz?

Yes.

I have seen a large amount being driven by girls in Delhi.
Old 26th July 2009, 21:37   #29
BHPian

I have seen 5 in Bangalore.. From a distance it looks like a mini Innova...
Old 26th July 2009, 21:39   #30
BHPian

Have just seen 1 unit on the road with registration.

My driving time is between 8am - 8:30am and 1pm - 1:45pm and on some days between 7am - 8am and 2pm - 3:10pm literally every day to Ernakulam city or the adjacent town called Alwaye on the way to Kothamagalam.

I am yet to come across a single Jazz with a registration number. I do see the display car every other day on the way to Alwaye which is placed on a ramp at Cosmic Honda but haven't seen a single one with liscence plates. I have seen numerous Jazz cars without number plates though being driven around near Cosmic Honda of various colours.
Probably Malayalis are waiting for the Onam festival to splurge but they sure would think twice before buying the MiniInnova as it is called in our medical crowd. They would rather go for the base model ANHC.

Last edited by drpullockaran : 26th July 2009 at 21:45.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks