Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2009, 23:38   #46
BHPian

I've seen about 3 so far including the display car inside Whitefield Honda. Wouldn't qualify as rain. Not even a light drizzle.
Old 26th July 2009, 23:46   #47
Senior - BHPian

I haven't seen any save for a white demo car on Janpath from the Ring Road Honda showroom.
In fact I've been looking at U-VAs and Getzes from the back thinking they are the Jazz.
Old 27th July 2009, 01:01   #48
BHPian

Honda seems to have discovered some inexplicable pricing formula that is not easily discernible to folks here but working for them. Nobody disputes they make good cars, but most feel the pricing is off by 50-100k.

With AHNC most folks predicted low numbers but Mumbai and Pune are literally teeming with City's, infact Honda has raised prices. Same with Jazz, 8 lakhs plus for a 1.2 hatch! No thank you, but look on the roads and you will see a surprising large number of them.

How is this happening inspite of the slowdown? This is a big deal. They are redefining the market and other manufacturers will inevitably follow suit. Bad news for most.

Last edited by raul : 27th July 2009 at 01:05.
Old 27th July 2009, 01:13   #49
Senior - BHPian

Jazz is certainly not been raining in Hyd at all..nor the actual rains too !!!!!!!!!
I havent seen a single Jazz on the road except in the Honda Showroom.
Old 27th July 2009, 05:29   #50
Senior - BHPian

Our not being happy because Honda have priced the Jazz out of our reach is fine, but that does not by itself mean that they are stupid, or people buying the Jazz are stupid. Saying that so early in the game is probably plain and simple sour grapes, and reflects poorly on the character of the person saying it.
Whether Honda has erred in the Jazz pricing or not will be determined by the sales numbers versus their planned sales. Time will tell. It is also possible that Jazz sales will eat into those of the City, as those of the City have come to some extent at the cost of the Civic.
I am old enough to remember people making the same "stupid pricing" comment about Maruti when they launched the Zen back in 1993, when people were used to the Maruti 800 price points, and rubbished the thought of paying the premium that Maruti was asking for what was then dismissed as a pimped up 800. History says that the people who said that were the ones who were wrong. Let's see what happens this time around.
And I completely fail to see why this is bad news. For those who cannot afford the premium cars, competition will ensure that cheaper cars will always be available. All the way down to the Nano. Why grudge the choice of the better car to someone willing to pay the higher price? For who, for reasons he or she knows best, the higher price is still VFM?

Last edited by Sawyer : 27th July 2009 at 05:34.
Old 27th July 2009, 07:17   #51
Senior - BHPian

I remember hearing a joke about the Russian Nouveau Riche
Quote:
Two New Russians:
- Look, I bought a tie for 3 thousand bucks!
- Idiot, I saw the same tie for 5 thousand bucks round the corner!
I have a feeling the target demographic for the jazz is pretty similar
Old 27th July 2009, 07:23   #52
Senior - BHPian

ive seen quite a few of these babies on the road in bangalore.
but strange part is ive yet to spot a punto.!!
Old 27th July 2009, 07:33   #53
jpm
BHPian

Where are the GPs?

In Chennai, I see at least one new Jazz every other day driving to/fro work for almost 15km in the heart of the city. preferred choices seem to be white / skylight blue.

The Ritz (vdi ddis - white) & i20 (Magna - various colors) numbers have increased considerably, with at least 2-3 daily seen while it used to be zero to 1.

Seeing more of Vistas (silver/red/skylight blue) too, one at least every day. Whats perplexing is several of them are TDi Terras, it used to be only QJD Auras earlier.

Havent seen any puntos except for one or two but definitely not on a daily basis. Lineas havent been that visible too.

Surprisingly, have been seeing several new Fusions. I wonder if these are the people who were put off by the Jazz's pricing and decided to spend on the diesel/economy/versatility of Fusion?

I have a ?bad habit of quickly scanning number plates of oncoming cars, dont ask me why. Has been there since the time I started driving. With this however, I am pretty certain that am not seeing the same individual cars over and over again (like how they counted tigers in 'Project Tiger') .
Old 27th July 2009, 07:34   #54
Senior - BHPian

Havent seen any till now in Bangalore. Except for the one standing in Whitefield Honda showroom.

Is it really raining? Dont think so. Atleast in this part of the country.
Old 27th July 2009, 08:11   #55
BHPian

Well, i have seen only 2 Jazz's on the banglaore road's till date. i guess its due to the jazzy price tag that it comes with, more or ritz and i20's on the road compared to the jazz.
Old 27th July 2009, 08:34   #56
BHPian

there is no point in discussing about rains and jazz or the raining of jazz.

lets wait for july sales figures. they will be very interesting.
Old 27th July 2009, 09:14   #57
Senior - BHPian

Here in Gurgaon, Rarely saw any Jazz, saw one yesterday, that was the first one for me. Lots of Ritz running around, and many i20.

Saw couple of Puntos, thats it
Old 27th July 2009, 10:02   #58
BHPian

I saw a white Jazz driven by a young IT bloke last week. It was near Agara junction, bangalore if my memory serves well. Suddenly I felt the white colour never looked so good for a car before!
Old 27th July 2009, 10:05   #59
Senior - BHPian

I have spotted only a single silver color Jazz in Pune till now. May be in other cities it is selling well (?)
Old 27th July 2009, 10:11   #60
Senior - BHPian

It seems this rain skipped my area , yet to spot a jazz but quite a few i20 ( same category ) and Linea ( same price bracket) in my office MLCP.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks