Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2009, 13:46   #31
BHPian

I am keeping a close watch on this thread as I am also looking for a car for my wifey - preferably a used one. Zen is on the top of my list.
Old 29th July 2009, 14:09   #32

Price of old Zen

Bought one last week for 150k for my wife, 2001 Lx, done 68000 kms, single owner, lpg use endorsed on RC book. Guess well maintained because owner promised service book after transfer of registration.
Old 29th July 2009, 22:02   #33
Senior - BHPian

Whats the best I can offer for a 97 Zen Lx, 2nd owner in Chennai, about 65,000kms on odo?

Overall condition is good, some basic work required: steering is very hard, brakes check, AC air throw is very less, setting doors etc? Asking price is 80K.
Old 29th July 2009, 22:36   #34
BANNED

I recently bought an Oct 2003 Zen Lxi , with Nippon central locking preinstalled and only 16000Km on odo .Paid 2.10 Lacs .It is as good as a new car minus the ribbons , glam.
Old 29th July 2009, 22:42   #35
Senior - BHPian

Hope this helps for prospective zen owners:
I picked up mine (1998 LX) for 1.05 Lakhs trusting a friend and it turned out to be a badly maintained car! (The rates for Zen in Hyderabad are too high for Zen's)
So, what did I do? Spent almost one more lakh to get her spruced up! Details in my garage!
Old 29th July 2009, 23:29   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsar56 View Post
I picked up mine (1998 LX) for 1.05 Lakhs trusting a friend and it turned out to be a badly maintained car! (The rates for Zen in Hyderabad are too high for Zen's)
So, what did I do? Spent almost one more lakh to get her spruced up! Details in my garage!
If possible, please give a brief detail with cost on what you did to get her to proper running condition. You can leave out the extras detail.
Old 29th July 2009, 23:43   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
If possible, please give a brief detail with cost on what you did to get her to proper running condition. You can leave out the extras detail.
She was in proper running condition but struggled a lot with the AC on and I needed more power to tackle the crazy drivers in Hyderabad!

Some of the parts prices are updated in the Zen Spare Parts thread and some of them I cannot disclose due to technical reasons!

Will try to find my bills and post during the weekend!
Old 29th July 2009, 23:58   #38
Senior - BHPian

Wolf in sheeps clothing!

Quote:
Quote:
She was in proper running condition but struggled a lot with the AC on and I needed more power to tackle the crazy drivers in Hyderabad!

Some of the parts prices are updated in the Zen Spare Parts thread and some of them I cannot disclose due to technical reasons!

Will try to find my bills and post during the weekend!
Pulsar stop kidding - if your car is a Zen, I am the pope!

True you bought a Zen and it still looks like a Zen, but I am yet to see another Zen move like yours (unless it belongs to Prabu/Shabbir). That 2.05 L was money well spent!

Cheers,

P.S. Remind me to exchange rides with you for a bit on this weekend drive.
Old 30th July 2009, 00:09   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
Pulsar stop kidding - if your car is a Zen, I am the pope!
And, i am the joker in that pack of cards

Pulsar, your car moves no doubt, but wanted to ask you a question, does it not struggle a lot to just keep up with mine?

@Mail4ajo, If you talk to pulsar your talking to the right man for sprucing and converting a dead beaten zen to a lethal missile
Old 30th July 2009, 00:32   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
And, i am the joker in that pack of cards

Pulsar, your car moves no doubt, but wanted to ask you a question, does it not struggle a lot to just keep up with mine?

@Mail4ajo, If you talk to pulsar your talking to the right man for sprucing and converting a dead beaten zen to a lethal missile
That was before Chirala ......

The new Pulsar is a different kettle of fish altogether and one would be best advised to not mess with the rocket.

Cheers,
Old 30th July 2009, 09:39   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
The new Pulsar is a different kettle of fish altogether and one would be best advised to not mess with the rocket.

Cheers,
It will become clear on the sunday drive
Old 3rd August 2009, 12:39   #42
Senior - BHPian

Picked up a decent 97 Lx for 77.5K for my wife and also for my weekend spins. Owner a friend, 3-4K of work required to bring to my driving style.

This car is really built well. Enjoy driving it compared to my 06 Alto.
Old 3rd August 2009, 12:54   #43
Senior - BHPian

True that MS cars command a premium, but it is better if you buy a zen from any other place other than coimbatore.

I have visited almost all used car showrooms in coimbatore and none of them quote a reasonable price.
Old 3rd August 2009, 13:46   #44
BHPian

I checked out a couple of Zen diesels in Bangalore yesterday - both were 2002 zen's with 70 K km's on the odo and the asking price was 2.2L

Petrol zen's are also quite expensive in Bangalore (upwards of 1.5L) and I found the diesel to be a decent alternative. Will be using it for about 20K km per year so a diesel makes sense and I would recover the extra amount paid for in.

Whats a good price to pay for a Zen D in Bangalore ? Are spares (engine and drivetrain) available ?

Last edited by CrackedHead : 3rd August 2009 at 13:47.
Old 3rd August 2009, 14:41   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrackedHead View Post
I checked out a couple of Zen diesels in Bangalore yesterday - both were 2002 zen's with 70 K km's on the odo and the asking price was 2.2L

Petrol zen's are also quite expensive in Bangalore (upwards of 1.5L) and I found the diesel to be a decent alternative. Will be using it for about 20K km per year so a diesel makes sense and I would recover the extra amount paid for in.

Whats a good price to pay for a Zen D in Bangalore ? Are spares (engine and drivetrain) available ?
Too high an asking price. 2002 Zen D (PS) should not cost more than 1.75 L. If it is not a PS model than you should get it within 1.65 L. It is old technology and has put in 70000 kms. I would stay away from such cars.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks