Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2009, 12:00   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Warranty would take care of all the costs.

Pls post photos of the vehicle and some more details of the car itself so that we on the forum can be assured this is a genuine case.

A month at the serivice centre is not acceptable in this short time and the company should be asked to extend the warranty by twice that period.

Dont want this to be another skoda bashing case, unless the genuineness is confirmed first. We need to have a process for this.
I have already posted photos of car being towed along with scans of job history of my car along with a copy of current job card
Old 21st August 2009, 12:10   #47
BHPian

There is also a mention on bill of Full Payment in advance for Tow Truck may they should keep this as advance very time they sell a Skoda . On a serious note this is surprising to see a brand new car breaking down and giving so many problems . All the best to you and let me know if you need any help in fighting Skoda .
Old 21st August 2009, 12:12   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
I suggest you write also to Top Gear, Over Drive, BS Motoring, Auto Car etc and request their help in resolving the problems in case the dealers etc are proving un-co-operative. They will take it up direct with the manufacturer and help get a solution.

I have read several instances in these car magazines where readers have complained to them and requested their help - and have found a resolution to their problem too. (Including one issue with ref to a customer who was buying a Volkswagen Passat quite recently in Chandigarh)

I dont think Skoda should be bashed or anything of the sort. I think it is worth talking to the dealer and checking what he can do to help. Considering it is a 6 month old vehicle and a luxury car at that, I am sure your points will be heard and a resolution found.

However, I would suggest you see my earlier post about the ECM unit and the Insurance as well - see if that helps too.
My freind the car car is not even 5 months old and done about 7500 Kms only. Now Skoda wants to change the gearbox.
Old 21st August 2009, 12:18   #49
Team-BHP Support

The solution is right there in the pictures.
Buy a flat bed tow truck.
Maybe it should be available in the accessories list.
Of course knowing Skoda, they may charge a premium for it as well.
But its well worth it.

The car should be used for getting on and off the ramp only and not very frequently either.
Since the AC also does not work, you might want to get a large room constructed on the tow truck and get some split AC installed in it.

And that again in the presence of engineers. It might break down doing that, you never know.
Old 21st August 2009, 12:19   #50
BHPian

Well first of all I thank all my BHP friends for the concern. Skoda is changing the complete gear box of my car but you know tha does not give me the confidence in the car. The way car stopped in middle of the road is scary. What if all this had happened on a highway at high speed or moreso while overtaking. Just the thought scares the life out of me. awful experience. I feel there something is seriously wrong with this car

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha1 View Post
Gagan, have you written about your troubles to some respected newspapers?

I have seen that letters to newspapers really draw everybody's attention, and ppl do respond promptly.

Plus newspapers cover a large audience (much larger and varied) than those on internet.
Thanks will finally start that process as well. Request fellow BHPians if they have contacts for leading newspapers and car magazines do pass them on to me.
thanks

Last edited by Rehaan : 21st August 2009 at 15:36. Reason: Posts made within 20mins of each other consecutively merged.
Old 21st August 2009, 12:24   #51
BHPian

skoda skoda skoda, what? should we recommend everyone around us to stay away from skoda?
Old 21st August 2009, 12:31   #52
xPK
BHPian

Hey Gagan, really sorry for your car mate. It's very unfortunate to face these kind of issues in first year itself. Please don't take me wrong, but do try to maintain your cool (Ain't sure if I could keep mine if I were in your place though) and try to get things resolved in good terms at the dealership level itself. You may to try some contacts so that you'll be noticeable for the dealer.

Of course you can always go to news papers or file a class action suit, but that will surely going to take some time and frustration. So it definitey won't be easy. So before taking out the sword, make sure you can take-on anything which comes to you. Because there's is no turning back in war.

Do not take any decisions while you're caught in emotions.
As I already said, please don't take my words in wrong way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Pls post photos of the vehicle and some more details of the car itself so that we on the forum can be assured this is a genuine case.
ACM, no offence meant buddy, but how about checking http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post1442343.
Or is it like you already did, but yet not satisfied?

Last edited by xPK : 21st August 2009 at 12:33.
Old 21st August 2009, 12:45   #53
BHPian

Quote:
quote=ACM Warranty would take care of all the costs.
I think he deserves a replacement ?

Quote:
I guess he has already done that.

Quote:
Dont want this to be another skoda bashing case, unless the genuineness is confirmed first. We need to have a process for this.
And what after that ? How do we plan to assist him ?
Old 21st August 2009, 12:48   #54
Senior - BHPian

Gagan, sad to hear about this. Hope you get things sorted out soon. As someone indicated do check with Harish about the class action suit.
Old 21st August 2009, 13:19   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit27 View Post
There is also a mention on bill of Full Payment in advance for Tow Truck may they should keep this as advance very time they sell a Skoda . On a serious note this is surprising to see a brand new car breaking down and giving so many problems . All the best to you and let me know if you need any help in fighting Skoda .
Thank you thank you so much
Old 21st August 2009, 13:28   #56
BHPian

@Gagan, sincere sympathies man. To see hard earned money down the drain is heartbraking. Even with all the changes under warranty, there can really be no satisfaction and also niggling doubts would persist.
Only a replacement would cut it...

Skoda, shame on you again and again...
Old 21st August 2009, 13:42   #57
BHPian

As others have suggested approach as many car magazines as you can and do it ASAP, Little bit of googling should help you in finding their contact details or invest few rupees in the magazines and you will find their contact details. All the best in your fight against Skoda.
Old 21st August 2009, 13:47   #58
Senior - BHPian

Sad to hear your plight. Problems do occur among all brands. Is there something different in the way Skoda handles initial complaints which go on to become bigger problems?
Old 21st August 2009, 13:52   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
The solution is right there in the pictures.
Buy a flat bed tow truck.
Maybe it should be available in the accessories list.
Of course knowing Skoda, they may charge a premium for it as well.
But its well worth it.

The car should be used for getting on and off the ramp only and not very frequently either.
Since the AC also does not work, you might want to get a large room constructed on the tow truck and get some split AC installed in it.

And that again in the presence of engineers. It might break down doing that, you never know.
I feel it is sarcastic post and OT too. Owner is in problem with breakdown of his car and your post quite of making fun.

Also It is not the case all Skoda Superb getting stalled in middle of road. This is one of the odd case but serious enough.
Old 21st August 2009, 13:58   #60
Senior - BHPian

After the initial feeling of this case not being genuine, this is now cofirmed : One more Skoda case! And Skoda.Corporate is now not trying post in any of the threads that are reporting problems.

Very sad story. Nobody would like to have a car stalled at highway while overtaking. This is itself life threatening. Those who have seen accidents happening live during overtaking maneuver know how dangerous this can be.

Considering that the car is in warranty, there is no need to worry about cost. They will have to be responsible this time ( but we know its skoda ) in your case.
Dont involve Insurance as this is not a case of damage or accident. Its purely because of defective product. Also look out for parts being taken out from your car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ym-enjn View Post
It would make a big difference if they show a caring and apologetic attitude and genuine interest to solve your problem.
I think the thread started by GTO was in March and Harish had started the thread about his experience earlier. Harish is still paying EMI for a car that is not with him. This is how they are reacting even after mods from TBHP met skoda management.
Skoda is aware of all the facts and I am sure they are reading this also. But they have not taken actions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
I suggest you write also to Top Gear, Over Drive, BS Motoring, Auto Car etc and request their help in resolving the problems in case the dealers etc are proving un-co-operative.
ACI will accept the case only if gagan is subscriber to ACI. But from the past few issues it looks like ACI is really out of genunine and big cases like this. Also ACI is quite fast at reporting and solving the problem. If need be, subscribe to ACI and then give them the matter. It would add to awareness of Skoda cars being not as realiable as others.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 21st August 2009 at 14:00.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks