Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2009, 09:33   #16
BHPian

What's wrong with Hyundai, day by ay they are killing good brands...1st it was the getz and now the verna. no rear disc's, no airbags whats next from hyundai lower bhp?????
Old 18th September 2009, 09:45   #17
Team-BHP Support

Not good to hear. In an era when manufacturers should be thinking of and adding more safety features to their cars, Hyundai has gone backwards. Not a good sign.
When Hyundai came to India, I absolutely hated them. Over the years, however, I gained a lot of respect for them because the gave their Indian customers what they wanted.
Such actions just makes one lose faith in the brand.
Old 18th September 2009, 10:03   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
The real fact is that Hyundai stopped rear discs from february itself when this new 2009 verna was launched. And the dealers are telling you now?
Not sure this is true as I have seen new Verna's with discs as late as July 09 with the cosmetic upgrade. I'm sure they withdrew the discs last month only
Old 18th September 2009, 11:00   #19
BHPian

I own a Verna (Non ABS) and it has all 4 discs and every morning the first few times you hit the brakes the car stops dead in its tracks or skids.
Till date I am regretting not buying the ABS version
This is true for most Verna buyers, most people just do not see the need for ABS in cars or for that matter most safety features in India, they would rather have a cash discount instead of Air-bags.
Looking at this maybe Hyundai decided that they should remove the discs in the rear as they lock without the ABS feature and replace it with drums and also make a quick buck in the process...
Old 18th September 2009, 11:03   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinu2506 View Post
Not sure this is true as I have seen new Verna's with discs as late as July 09 with the cosmetic upgrade. I'm sure they withdrew the discs last month only
maybe hyundai were providing rear discs till the stocks ran out for the customers who had already booked for rear discs+abs.

Last edited by sajands : 18th September 2009 at 11:05.
Old 18th September 2009, 11:16   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajands View Post
What's wrong with Hyundai, day by ay they are killing good brands...1st it was the getz and now the verna. no rear disc's, no airbags whats next from hyundai lower bhp?????
That would be the Cherry on the cake !! Lower BHP - Hyundai will then sell only Santro's & I10's. No premium cars then.

Quote:
Yes, I saw Rear discs a few months back on a friends car he brought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bashani View Post
I own a Verna (Non ABS) and it has all 4 discs and every morning the first few times you hit the brakes the car stops dead in its tracks or skids.
Till date I am regretting not buying the ABS version
I am not sure about this !! I know this for sure that only ABS Vernas till now had discs all around. I am 100 % sure.

Yes, ABS does help a lot in the braking. Of course the normal cars braking is excellent BUT ABS helps a lot in wet conditions.
Old 18th September 2009, 11:21   #22
BHPian

This is not much surprising. Majority of Indians will never bother to find out if the rear brakes are disc or drum. These things make a difference to the true blue enthusiasts only.
Old 18th September 2009, 11:37   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post

I am not sure about this !! I know this for sure that only ABS Vernas till now had discs all around. I am 100 % sure.
My Bad, you might be right. Will take your word for it. Will check the tyres ASAP.
Old 18th September 2009, 11:42   #24
Senior - BHPian

Ridiculous move by Hyundai !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by undead View Post
@pheonix , @hellstar : We dont have ABS nor rear disc in Getz CRDi, but still we wanted to have it and loved it right ?
The raw power of this car will make you grin all life but i feel you need better brakes for the speeds it is capable of.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
We'd love the getz crdi more if it had rear disc brakes
My sms and numbers would have irritate you even more :-)
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
The real fact is that Hyundai stopped rear discs from february itself when this new 2009 verna was launched. And the dealers are telling you now?
July 09 SX model with ABS
Silent and sad Omission on the new Verna - Now sports Drum brakes at rear on SX-18092009328-medium.jpg

Silent and sad Omission on the new Verna - Now sports Drum brakes at rear on SX-18092009327-medium.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by bashani View Post
I own a Verna (Non ABS) and it has all 4 discs
Thats news to me !
This thread is bringing out new unheard variants of Verna

Last edited by kpzen : 18th September 2009 at 11:44.
Old 18th September 2009, 16:10   #25
BHPian

True even I have never heard of a Non ABS Verna with rear discs.

However, the crux of the matter is that I'd rather that the Alloys could have been made part of the Executive Kit that they have now introduced, but continued to give Disc brakes at the rear also for the Verna.

Hyundai, if you are listening, I was to buy a Getz CDRi but did not do so, just because it lacked ABS. One thing is the market now has matured and the customer is well educated on ABS Airbags etc. Why deprive them of safety, market your Alloys et al as options. Discs cannot be done later.
Old 18th September 2009, 16:33   #26
BHPian

After killing Getz CRDI, now Hyundai is trying to kill Verna. Hyundai marketing is very strange. I 20 is offered with 4 Disc + Airbags, ABS. I 10 is also offered with Airbags + ABS. Now Verna with 110 BHP Engine with drum brakes at the rear. Hyundai has a nice Car positioned between 8 to 10 Lakhs range. But shocking to hear that it does not have Airbags. Now they have even removed the rear disc. What they will delete next? The Car itself.
Old 18th September 2009, 18:15   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarvodaya View Post
What they will delete next? The Car itself.
Quite possible..may be a replacement..
Hyundai's tactics are crazy and unpredictable.
Old 18th September 2009, 19:18   #28
Senior - BHPian

Eh?

Guys, are you sure about the factual accuracy of this?

I bought a Verna CRDI SX ABS in September 2008. I was categorically told that the SX comes with rear drums as standard, and you get rear discs only if you buy the ABS pack.. Thats a strong reason why I chose ABS!

In fact, the demo car I test drove before was an SX, with rear drums. (I bent down and checked)

IMHO, the Verna SX never came as rear discs as standard. Still, to avoid a war here, I'll try to retrieve the company brochure I was handed when I bought the car and scan it across for everyone's benefit.

Last edited by predatorwheelz : 18th September 2009 at 19:19.
Old 18th September 2009, 22:54   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarvodaya View Post
After killing Getz CRDI, now Hyundai is trying to kill Verna. Hyundai marketing is very strange. What they will delete next? The Car itself.
Have you seen pictures of the 'new' Verna Transform? Looks 10 times worse. Answer is yes, Hyundai IS trying to kill the Verna !
Old 19th September 2009, 13:24   #30

well i had lost a bet with my friend claiming verna had rear discs!!!!! hmmm.. bulbs from hyundai to me.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks