Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2009, 23:28   #46
BHPian

[quote=predatorwheelz;1493021]This thread is getting more and more confusing. Newer variants of the Verna seem to be getting discovered, and some people have gone as far as to discuss strategies of Hyundai, or bad mouthing them, without knowing the facts.

As per Hyundai site ABS in SX is standard fitment and there is no non ABS SX model.
Old 20th September 2009, 23:34   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiren View Post
As per Hyundai site ABS in SX is standard fitment and there is no non ABS SX model.
Read my previous post on this thread.
Old 20th September 2009, 23:44   #48
BHPian

I agree what you have said. But since this 2009 model was introduced SX has ABS as a standard fitment , there is no option with & without ABS for SX. If ABS is standard fitment then rear wheel disc brakes should also have been standard.
Old 21st September 2009, 11:20   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiren View Post
I agree what you have said. But since this 2009 model was introduced SX has ABS as a standard fitment , there is no option with & without ABS for SX. If ABS is standard fitment then rear wheel disc brakes should also have been standard.
Yes , this was my understanding too

Quote:
Originally Posted by predatorwheelz View Post

Truth 1: The SX ABS always came with rear discs, period. Hyundai offered, and still offers, rear discs with the ABS package. So SX ABS cars with rear drums never existed.

Truth 2: The standard SX (non ABS) always came with rear drums.. Hyundai never offered rear discs on the SX, and there is no question of feeling shortchanged as they discontinued it! I'm steadfast on this, and would like to see facts before believing the contrary.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinu2506 View Post
Called the sales rep and he too was not aware. He made some calls and told me that the new Verna SX no longer comes with rear Disc's from this month even though it has ABS.
what i understood from this sentence was that in any version of the Verna if it had ABS , it now has discs in the front brakes and drums for rear brakes.

But from what i know Verna CRDi had the following versions

1. CRDI VGT - Front Disc + rear drum brakes
2. CRDI VGT ABS - has all round disc brakes
2. CRDI VGT SX -Front Disc + rear drum brakes
3. CRDI VGT SX ABS - has all round disc brakes

So when dinu told that he got an SX ABS with Front disc brakes and rear drum brakes i was disappoint if its true.
Old 21st September 2009, 11:28   #50
Senior - BHPian

Now verna had become more scary than earlier by removing the rear disc.Not much difference from Getz apart form ABS.
Old 21st September 2009, 15:30   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellstar View Post

But from what i know Verna CRDi had the following versions

1. CRDI VGT - Front Disc + rear drum brakes
2. CRDI VGT ABS - has all round disc brakes
2. CRDI VGT SX -Front Disc + rear drum brakes
3. CRDI VGT SX ABS - has all round disc brakes
Correction: Verna CRDI now has 3 variants

1. CRDI VGT - non ABS
2. CRDI VGT SX - ABS
3. CRDI VGT SX Automatic - ABS

All 3 variants have front discs and rear drums from August 2009 onwards. Anyone buying a new CRDI SX with all 4 disc brakes is getting an old stock car, i.e. pre August 2009. I have seen the letter from Hyundai written to all dealers informing them of this change, so there is no room for any guesses.
Old 21st September 2009, 21:58   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by newcoolgadgets View Post

1. CRDI VGT - non ABS
2. CRDI VGT SX - ABS

All 3 variants have front discs and rear drums from August 2009 onwards. Anyone buying a new CRDI SX with all 4 disc brakes is getting an old stock car, i.e. pre August 2009. I have seen the letter from Hyundai written to all dealers informing them of this change, so there is no room for any guesses.
This is the correct picture. Even I saw the SX model with ABS and rear drums on my visit to the hyundai dealer
Old 28th September 2009, 14:40   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by predatorwheelz View Post
This thread is getting more and more confusing. Newer variants of the Verna seem to be getting discovered, and some people have gone as far as to discuss strategies of Hyundai, or bad mouthing them, without knowing the facts.

Ok, lets get some things straight:

Truth 1: The SX ABS always came with rear discs, period. Hyundai offered, and still offers, rear discs with the ABS package. So SX ABS cars with rear drums never existed.

Truth 2: The standard SX (non ABS) always came with rear drums.. Hyundai never offered rear discs on the SX, and there is no question of feeling shortchanged as they discontinued it! I'm steadfast on this, and would like to see facts before believing the contrary.

Besides owning a Verna myself, I'm on good terms with a few Hyundai dealers, service guys, and current and past Verna owners. Since the last time I posted on this thread, I've talked to all of them, and confirmed the above 2 truths.

I dont intend to start a war here, but again, if you have to prove me wrong, do so with facts and logic.
Sorry Predatorwheellz, Truth 1 is not truth anymore unfortunately. There's nothing to prove. I took delivery today of my new Verna CRDI SX ABS with rear drums. You are free to come and have a look. Sad but true.
Old 28th September 2009, 14:55   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by newcoolgadgets View Post

1. CRDI VGT - non ABS
2. CRDI VGT SX - ABS

Absolutely Spot On !!
Old 28th September 2009, 19:14   #55
JRD
BHPian

First of all congrats on the verna.! But looking at our road and traffic situations, rear discs would be a great feature to have especially with the monster crdi engine in the front. I think the NHC vtec was one of the fewer cars in this segment to spot all four discs. And that alone as a safety feature could be a USP at this point of time in the verna's product cycle.
Old 28th September 2009, 19:45   #56
BHPian

Next News is that Hyundai is going to delete the Car Itself.
Old 29th September 2009, 15:51   #57
BHPian

Just called Hyundai Motor Plaza,New Delhi.
They are saying rear discs have been discontinued.
Old 29th September 2009, 15:53   #58
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

this is like taking a step forward in enabling consumers with great safe technology and then regressing very quickly to the previous gen tech!
according to me, stupid move by Hyundai.
Also, does this retrograde step impact the price?
Old 29th September 2009, 15:56   #59
BHPian

Hyundai is loosing ground quickly, people are going to shift to cedia or chevy optra cdri and new city. IK dont understand what joy hyundai gets by killing the only good brand that it has apart from the already dead getz crdi.
Old 29th September 2009, 17:18   #60
BHPian

Gotta love the indian auto industry!

Add a chrome plastic strip and a fog light and they'll call it an entirely new car. Replace a superior breaking instrument with an inferior one quietly, keeping prices the same and you won't hear a peep!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks