Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2009, 14:02   #106
MCR
BHPian

The car when looked from side (body panels and doors) looks very similar to Fiesta.
May be this car is based on 5th generation European Fiesta. The 6th generation Fiesta looks much better (look at body panels and doorlines)

Ford Fiesta - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 24th September 2009, 15:17   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubhodeepdas@g View Post
At this price range, it will be difficult for Ford to compete with the rest unless it comes with all the other goodies built in, namely the bluetooth enabled ICE unit, Airbags, ABS, Fog Lamps (all 4) and Alloys.
+1 on that count.

The Indian car market has matured and your average car buyer is much better informed these days. Just look at the case of the Zen Estilo. It never took off as car buyers sensed that it was an outdated model. Likewise, a lot of prospective buyers would know that the Figo is based on a discontinued Fiesta hatch Mark 5 model.

Ford will need to pack in a lot of equipment and get its positioning spot on. The Figo has a lot going for it. We already know it would be a driver's delight. That 1.4 TDCi is refined and frugal. Build quality will have to be good. The A.S.S is..well, improving. But all that can be undone with unreasonable pricing. They cannot afford another Fusion debacle. The Ford brand needs to regain some of its lost 'josh'. Ford India, please give us a reason to be shouting 'Go Fida' once again.
Old 24th September 2009, 15:21   #108
BHPian

The Figo should heat up the premium hatch space. By the way wasn't Alan Mulaly president of Boeing Co ? Also why are there no interior pictures ? Or they do keep some things up their sleeve ? I thought some interior pictures would also be helpful. Looking forward to the same.
Old 24th September 2009, 15:23   #109
JRD
BHPian

Nice! if the top spec petrol comes around 5.30L, then my wishlist of the polo tsi is up for a challenge. Good going ford.
Old 24th September 2009, 15:37   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaserQ View Post
+1 on that count.

The Indian car market has matured and your average car buyer is much better informed these days. Just look at the case of the Zen Estilo. It never took off as car buyers sensed that it was an outdated model. Likewise, a lot of prospective buyers would know that the Figo is based on a discontinued Fiesta hatch Mark 5 model.

Ford will need to pack in a lot of equipment and get its positioning spot on. The Figo has a lot going for it. We already know it would be a driver's delight. That 1.4 TDCi is refined and frugal. Build quality will have to be good. The A.S.S is..well, improving. But all that can be undone with unreasonable pricing. They cannot afford another Fusion debacle. The Ford brand needs to regain some of its lost 'josh'. Ford India, please give us a reason to be shouting 'Go Fida' once again.
Ford just cannot afford to go wrong with this car. They have alot riding on it. I hope they have learnt alot from the problems they had with the Fusion. Good car but the pricing was all wrong . The Figo should not go in that direction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambivalent_98 View Post
The Figo should heat up the premium hatch space. By the way wasn't Alan Mulaly president of Boeing Co ? Also why are there no interior pictures ? Or they do keep some things up their sleeve ? I thought some interior pictures would also be helpful. Looking forward to the same.
As I said earlier, this was just a preview and not the official launch. The launch happens in March next year. Interior pictures could not be clicked because the car had jet black tints even on the front windshield. There is an artists impression of the interiors in the first post though.
Old 24th September 2009, 16:02   #111
Senior - BHPian

I like the Figo but its look a bit tall. It might be an illusion since I have not seen it in person. Whats your take on it Dippy?
Old 24th September 2009, 16:07   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
But what is this world platform derived from? As Ajmat posted, an earlier Fiesta?
From other source, I have posted here that this car is based on 5th gen Fiesta, which many say is sixth gen.
Fact remains that this is one generation behind the current Fiesta sold in Europe. The strategy by Ford seems to be like this :
a) Launch small based on earlier generation fiesta.
b) Launch the sedan version of Europen Fiesta as new Ford Fiesta.

Here I have posted the link to the news that suggest that says the car is built on 5th Gen Fiesta.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1499053-post91.html

Last edited by aaggoswami : 24th September 2009 at 16:09.
Old 24th September 2009, 16:45   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
From other source, I have posted here that
a) Launch small based on earlier generation fiesta.
b) Launch the sedan version of Europen Fiesta as new Ford Fiesta.
Exactly.
Its a good strategic move. Getting the Fiesta MK6 (or the last version) would be suicide for Ford given its part costs and the fact that putting a 1.2 liter (or 1.4 Diesel) in it will ruin the fun just for the sake of reducing end user costs. It's the same reason why we do not have the small petrol variant in the Fiestas any more.

Let the high gamble customers in the B segment sedans take that chance with the Fiesta Sedan (or the Superhatch) while the tried and tested (MK5) can be manufactured in India without any hassles and at a much lower cost. This also spreads Ford's presence properly across all size and shapes of vehicles.
Old 24th September 2009, 16:50   #114
BANNED

For me, eventhough the front look is good, the side and rear profiles are plain and un-inspiring like a Getz/Palio/Fusion. Ford must do something with the side and rear profiles, otherwise, it may go the same Getz/Palio/Fusion way.
Old 24th September 2009, 17:00   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
For me, eventhough the front look is good, the side and rear profiles are plain and un-inspiring like a Getz/Palio/Fusion. Ford must do something with the side and rear profiles, otherwise, it may go the same Getz/Palio/Fusion way.
Agree with the Fusion part. Rear of Fusion is quite un-inspiring / plain.

But Getz and Palio has really good rear profile(IMHO). Even the Figo has corrected the whatever wrong with Fusion regarding the rear design. Curious to know which car you consider to have inspiring looks for the rear.

Last edited by Matt : 24th September 2009 at 17:00. Reason: spell check
Old 24th September 2009, 17:04   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
I like the Figo but its look a bit tall. It might be an illusion since I have not seen it in person. Whats your take on it Dippy?
@extreme: It is quite significantly tall and that is the reason it actually reminds you of the Fusion which is also a pretty tall car.
Old 24th September 2009, 17:04   #117
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by grules View Post
And yes, its called as FIGO
Fusion, Fiesta and now FIGO.. all F series
When I was still in school/college F series meant...

To me this is more of Fusion being re-badged.
Old 24th September 2009, 17:08   #118
Senior - BHPian

The car looks fairly decent just a little bit tweaking is required on the side profiles. If priced correctly then it can be a good option for the masses.

Other factors related to Ford are low fuel efficiency & costly spares which I hope Ford must have worked upto to remain competitive in market.
Good going so we are having the Chey Beat , VW- Polo & Ford Figo to look forward. Hope the Toyota Yaris / similar follow soon.

Hatch market is getting really hot and competitive.
Old 24th September 2009, 17:12   #119
Senior - BHPian

May be probably something is wrong with me or dont know what, but from every angle it does not look "wow" to me!! May be Im tooooo much in love with Italian designs
Old 24th September 2009, 17:15   #120
BHPian

It is not very exciting though looks are contemporary and stylish but it just dosent make you go like Wow , I need one . As always the TDCI Diet Diesel will win the most customers . A measly 1.2 petrol ? Give us some josh with a 1.6 version !
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks