Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2010, 13:21   #136
Senior - BHPian

Sorry to hear about your ordeal. Hope you get your car back soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by san9jay View Post
Now when I speak to them they say they are investigating but it is not a unique problem. Other skoda superbs have had this problem and it is usually related to an electronic control box for the gearbox that fails.
The problem with most high end cars arise from the ridiculous amount of electronics that are crammed into them.
Looks like your gearbox is mechanically fine, its the electronics that have conked off.
Whats the point of all the electronic equipments if they breakdown frequently. Whatever pleasure one may have with these electronics will get wiped out when they fail and leave you without your ride on the side of the highway. Besides this these electronics are also one of the many reasons for the increasing prices of automobiles.
Old 1st November 2010, 13:28   #137
BHPian

Sorry to hear about your breakdown. I hope it gets corrected soon. Which model/make was it ?

I don't know if its a pattern that I see here or just a coincidence - issues generally crop-up soon after the "service" with the german cars. Is it that the service folks are not competent enough.

Somehow I'm now quite apprehensive about the "service" part after having experienced it first hand how it is done both at Audi (supposed to be a premium brand) and Skoda (lesser said the better ).
Old 1st November 2010, 15:38   #138
BHPian

Hey guys wanted to know that is it a problem with "mechatronics".I am not sure whether this part is associated with the DSG or is it the right term.
I read it some where else on the forum and the user had similar kind of problem with the gearbox.
Another query is that the 2009 Superb had a 6 Speed or 7 Speed DSG gearbox?
Old 1st November 2010, 15:54   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul016 View Post
Hey guys wanted to know that is it a problem with "mechatronics".I am not sure whether this part is associated with the DSG or is it the right term.
I read it some where else on the forum and the user had similar kind of problem with the gearbox.
Another query is that the 2009 Superb had a 6 Speed or 7 Speed DSG gearbox?
Yes. It is the "mechatronics". The Skoda Superb 2009/1.8 TSI has a 7 speed DSG gearbox.

Just spoke to the dealer. He said the parts have to come from Germany!

So i have the pleasure of waiting for about 10 days for the parts and then a couple more days till they install and get things working again.

They do not provide a replacement vehicle during the period that the car is in the workshop and they even want me to pay for the towing!

Pretty cheesed off. I had planned a trip in the car over the Diwali break.

/sanjay
Old 1st January 2011, 00:15   #140

Re: New Skoda Superb 2009 Breakdown. EDIT : Car being replaced by Skoda

@San9jay

Any update? Have they got the mechatronics replaced?
Old 2nd January 2011, 12:06   #141
BHPian

Re: New Skoda Superb 2009 Breakdown. EDIT : Car being replaced by Skoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harishwar View Post
@San9jay

Any update? Have they got the mechatronics replaced?
Yes. They fixed the gearbox. Took 9 days in the garage and they charged me rs 29/- for a blown fuse which had also blown and they said was not covered in the warranty!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks