Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th October 2009, 06:30   #46

I am attaching the reciept which I got on the 5th Oct. This was after the megatronics repair. There was a gear slipping problem.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Skoda recipt 5th oct 09.pdf (640.0 KB, 756 views)

Last edited by Aditya : 16th October 2009 at 07:41.
Old 16th October 2009, 08:31   #47
BHPian

Rohit:

Sorry to hear what you have gone through! I too had a nightmarish experience with Skoda and its dealers - but I was lucky as I knew Team BHP before I bought the car.

Here are a few suggestions:

1. Why don't you pm Gagananand who got his Superb replaced?
2. Get in touch with harishv who is trying to straighten Skoda.

Please fight and do not rest till you get justice from them.

Cheers,
Old 16th October 2009, 10:19   #48
Team-BHP Support

I think if its a known issue, then it would be wise for Skoda to recall and replace the gearbox itself for the affected batch, before it lands up with a big law suite and pay up bigger damages.

Does proactiveness mean a thing to this brand?
Old 16th October 2009, 10:56   #49
BHPian

What the heck is happening with skoda , a flagship product with so many problems and the company is a denial mode .I feel the entire management is in sort of Fool's paradise oblivious to happening's around . When every car maker across the globe is doing recalls incase of problmes why cannot Skoda do the same in india ?

Does that mean our laws lack teeth to deliver justice or we are just taken for granted ?
Old 16th October 2009, 11:00   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
@Sahil- Which batch did your car come from? Lucky you did not get this early batch. Have you had any kind of issues at all?
My Superb is July/Aug production batch.

I have burnt my fingers with first batch german cars when I bought the 3rd Mercedes C180 to be delivered in Mumbai and was very happy about being the first few. Little did I know about the terror that would follow.

Was sold on getting the Superb right from the day it launched but I waited for the teething time to get over.

Touchwood- No problem as yet, the car is only two months old and 4000km odd driven. It's running excellently maybe it's too early to come up with hicups, if any.
However seems like a lemon can be detected to have problems right from day one, like in this case and the other Superb. Like I said earlier, refuse delivery if there is even a single glitch, rather than go through hell in the future !
Old 16th October 2009, 11:06   #51
BHPian

I really don't know what to type here after reading this thread and this -> http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-replaced.html

The fact the amazes/amuses and then shocks me are the excellent reviews Skoda gets from the so called "experts" in the automobile world and mainly the magazines that are going around.

I've read excellent reviews for Sokda cars in the last and current month of Overdrive, Autocar and Topgear.

October Autocar says

Quote:
Superb feels built like a tank. The Skoda is a lots of car for the money
Then they give a 9/10 for the Superb

Nissan Teana 8/10
Toyota Camry 7/10
Honda Accord 8/10

Then says this

Quote:
The Superb has been the overall benckmark in this segment and continues to be just that The low speed ride may not be the most comfortable and you need to keep an eye on Skoda's notorious aftersales
In the same issue they have a "long term" Fabia. It seems they have taken it up for service. It had some rattling noise which skoda people took time to figure out, then the bill is 6500 and they say its ok since skoda uses Mobil 1 @ 864 /ltr. The car is back with the floor mat of someone else's car and now there is a of the car stalling when engine is cold.

Still...

Quote:
Despite this, we found ourselves falling in a big way for the Fabia
The lines are more of less same in the other Magazines, I don't have them with me now else I'd have quoted it here. But you get the picture, don't you ?

Makes you wonder if all these "review" are cooked up.

Its like the car is 9/10 and service is crap but we still like it.
D-uh...!

So basically Honda/Maruti/Hyundai/Toyota are morons to give a good after sales service to customers ? Is that what the automotive press is trying to say ?
Old 16th October 2009, 11:15   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

Shocking to see this happen to another Skoda customer that too with a Superb.

SHAME on you Skoda, Skoda if you are reading you just lost another potential customer(me). I was in love with this car since i drove it and i thought i would buy it some day but i cant fight with these jokers in consumer courts.

How about a separate thread on skoda victims? With a poll asking have you ever been harrassed by Skoda.
Old 16th October 2009, 11:22   #53

Car Recipt of towing the car to Skoda Service centre.

Car Recipt of towing the car to Skoda Service centre in the midnight. No one was available for help and I had to pay this from my pocket .
Old 16th October 2009, 11:35   #54
Senior - BHPian

Who can straighten Skoda sirs..none actually.

1) Service centre scandals-part replacement.
2) 1.4 petrol engine issue, DSG GB issue.
3) Imperialist attitude of Indian management.
4) The diseased response from the Parent company.

People should straighten themself, i mean see things in the right perspective- to stay away from skodas.
Old 16th October 2009, 11:42   #55
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitioc View Post
The aircon has not been working right since day one.
I would like to assume that this is from the time you drove your car from showroom to your residence or wherever. Didn't you think that this is abnormal?
Or you had noticed that and dealer gave you some cock and bull story?

I do understand your frustration but you shouldn't have taken delivery in the first place.

Don't get me wrong. It may sound like I'm throwing some wise comments after reading about your traumas. But 20 lac is not a small amount as I see.
Old 16th October 2009, 11:51   #56
Team-BHP Support

I remember during my very long TD of the superb, my dad commenting that the rear was not cooling. The sales guy put the ac on full blast and then also the rear pillar vents were not that effective. The cooling in front was acceptable but at the rear was pretty average. looks like lots of Superbs have this problem or it is a design issue.

Compared to that the Corolla Altis is a chiller room. Front or back in any kind of weather you freeze if the Ac is set to lowest temp. Always has to be 2 notches above lowest temp setting.
Old 16th October 2009, 12:20   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

@vid3369 - Even we faced the same issue when we took Superb for a TD, i thought it was due to wrong settings entered.
Old 16th October 2009, 12:22   #58
BHPian

The complaint box is suspect

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitioc View Post
I am attaching the reciept which I got on the 5th Oct. This was after the megatronics repair. There was a gear slipping problem.

Dear Rohit, I went through the pdf file and a glaring error is noticed committed by them. In the first column where your complaint is noted it should have been exactly as you described it to them and not to be noted in their tech language.
When doctors note down the chief complaint of the patient we note it down exactly as the patient mentions it to us without attempting to correct grammatical errors or translation corrections. This is very important when you go to the consumer court as any lapse on their part gives you an advantage. Here it is made to look as if you are well versed in in technical terms. I got the district court order in my favour exactly because of this reason as they did not attend to the complaints mentioned by me. They have got a stay in the State Forum though for 5 years. First round to you since they did not note down the complaint as stated by you. The argument is that how can they rectify a complaint when they have not noted it down. Your lawyer will advice you better. Tech terms can only be used after they or the doctor has tentatively diagnosed the issue which has to be confirmed by further investigations. You will win the case but be ready for a 10 to 14 year battle as they will try and stall the proceedings indefinitely as well as steal the court papers. My case is on for the past 9 years and another 3 or 4 years to go. Presently the court is searching for the lower court files for the past 1 and half year. Best of luck. If they agree to pay you back take it without a thought and buy the Cruze , Accord or Camry.
Old 16th October 2009, 14:55   #59

This is 1.8 Petrol.

[quote=sidindica;1534195]Which model is it? 1.8 TSi or 2.0 TDi?

This is 1.8 Petrol.
Old 16th October 2009, 15:13   #60

Areas of Law - Public Interest Litigation: AdvocateKhoj - India's Dedicated Case Post System For Consumers

Why not try this route to solve ?Koda puzzle. ?koda has violated basic fundamental rights of the consumer by not offering acceptable support for their products.

I am sure their will be enough people to help in this.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks