Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2009, 16:48   #91
BHPian

Congrats Rohit,for being lucky to get your car replaced,but paying 2.10 lack seems to be quite high for me.Can you please explain why they charge this amount. It looks like you are paying extra 2 lacks for Superb.Please ask them at least 2 years extended warranty for this new car which would be a good/better deal for this amount and get a written statement that the problem you faced earlier will never occur again.
Old 29th October 2009, 17:07   #92
Senior - BHPian

What I don't understand, pardon my ignorance, is why Rohit and Gagan have had to pay a significant amount of dough for getting their cars replaced. Can someone please shed some light?
Old 29th October 2009, 17:08   #93
BHPian

This is what the main problem is , we shouldnt spend money just like that. Skoda will never learn the lesson if all affected customers choose this method . I understand it easy so say for me becasue I am not the one who is suffering but still honestly , you shouldnt have agreed to pay any single paisa to get your car replaced. Yours is just 6-7 monhs old PREMIMUM CAR ( 20 lacs sir ) which has given you nothing but the problems and problems.

I just love the way harishv is fighting . He is like a super hero . after all its not just about the money.

Last edited by Zappo : 29th October 2009 at 19:26. Reason: Do not make remarks which points fingers at people and their character unnecessarily. Offending comment edited out.
Old 29th October 2009, 17:09   #94
Distinguished - BHPian

Sweeeet ! Second Superb to be replaced !

Skoda has proven us wrong once again. At least they treat premium customers with justice.

Although thats no justification for treating Octy and Laura owners badly but yet something is better than nothing.

Kudos to Skoda for 'walking the talk' again !
Old 29th October 2009, 17:14   #95
BHPian

I have read the same posting somewhere, there I was under the Impression that still the matter is pending.

Congrats Rohit for getting the replacement of your superb.

Due to such horror stories of skoda I am shocked and feel afraid whether to buy this brand car or not.
Old 29th October 2009, 17:18   #96

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
What I don't understand, pardon my ignorance, is why Rohit and Gagan have had to pay a significant amount of dough for getting their cars replaced. Can someone please shed some light?
The Reason I paid was, a 22 lacks car was useless for me as it had problem. Atleast by paying 2 lacks I can make use of that money which i spent on the car
Old 29th October 2009, 17:20   #97
Team-BHP Support

2 lakhs is for insurance and road tax adjustments?
Old 29th October 2009, 17:23   #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jigbarai View Post
Congrats buddy. Hopefully things should look a lot better here on.

I'd stick my neck out and put a note of acknowledgement to Skoda here

So Rohit, at this particular juncture, how do you FEEL about your interaction with Skoda thus far ?
To be very honest people in Sales are much better than the ones in Customer Care. Actually it should be the other way ( customer care means Customer Car .....)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
2 lakhs is for insurance and road tax adjustments?
Absolutely ... 1 lacks for the Road Tax and 50K for the Insurance , balance a contri towards the loss as a token ... i guess.

But from my perspective .. I spent 22 lacks and was without a car for 2 months. On top of it there was a money which i spent on a car which was absolutely waste . Therefore I decided to agree and atleast have a car with me.

Last edited by Jaggu : 29th October 2009 at 17:41. Reason: You can edit the original post once its approved, if you want to add on. thanks
Old 29th October 2009, 17:40   #99
Distinguished - BHPian

I think 2 lakhs would be to counter depreciation costs and/or taxes?
Old 29th October 2009, 18:48   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
I think 2 lakhs would be to counter depreciation costs and/or taxes?
I thought so too. After all, its a new car so someone has to bear depreciation costs. Given that the alternative is simply getting a repaired car and not spending, I think its smart to pay the two lakhs and get a brand new one.
Old 29th October 2009, 18:54   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitioc View Post
The Reason I paid was, a 22 lacks car was useless for me as it had problem. Atleast by paying 2 lacks I can make use of that money which i spent on the car
Rohit, I completely understand your perspective, and it was a sensible way to end this quickly. In your place, I would have probably done the same. What I was asking for, is Skoda's perspective. I thought that it could be....

Quote:
...to counter depreciation costs and/or taxes?
...and I suppose it is so.
Old 29th October 2009, 22:09   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitioc View Post

Absolutely ... 1 lacks for the Road Tax and 50K for the Insurance , balance a contri towards the loss as a token ... i guess.

But from my perspective .. I spent 22 lacks and was without a car for 2 months. On top of it there was a money which i spent on a car which was absolutely waste . Therefore I decided to agree and atleast have a car with me.
Congrats on your replacement.

Has Skoda asked you to sign any settlement document. If YES, please try and shed some light / info about the same.

I personally feel you should now file a case in the consumer court and claim the 2 lacks what you had to pay. In fact SAIPL should have paid you additional compensation for all the hassle you had to go thru...
Old 30th October 2009, 16:06   #103
BHPian

Hope the SECOND skoda doesnt let you down..
Old 30th October 2009, 17:40   #104
BHPian

I Think paying Rs 2 lakhs is quite high amount , but again it depends on individuals decision.Hope u have better drive in your new car. I would have discarded this skoda and got new Cruze

Last edited by bblost : 30th October 2009 at 21:59. Reason: Extra smiley removed. Only 2 per post allowed.
Old 30th October 2009, 18:56   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Sweeeet ! Second Superb to be replaced !

Skoda has proven us wrong once again. At least they treat premium customers with justice.

Although thats no justification for treating Octy and Laura owners badly but yet something is better than nothing.

Kudos to Skoda for 'walking the talk' again !
True. Its good to see Skoda making an effort to mistake the wrongs of the past. They've replaced 2 superbs, a few of Fabia's, added 2 year warranty on their spares, and have a banner on their website asking customers to beware of unauthorized spares/service providers in the market (Roadworx = not genuine). Someone somewhere is concerned as is making an effort..

This gives me a little peace of mind regarding my upcoming car

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks