Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2009, 15:48   #121
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiJ View Post
I swear. We indians are over obsessed with FE.

A maruti dealer told me that I ll get 19-20 kpl in Kolkata City Driving with the Ritz DDIS. He said no matter how badly I drive, I ll get 17 kpl.

My friend, who has the same car gets, 13 kpl, which in the real world is respectable, considering the driving conditions..

Honda dealer was opposite. Told me I ll get 5 to 6 kpl max with the CR-V. I am consistingly getting 7.5 to 8.5 kpl!
ha ha a consistent under estimated and over estimated cars or say SE.
Old 1st November 2009, 17:18   #122
Senior - BHPian

What get sell in market it becomes practice. We team-bhp members are taking our examples and laughing but there are majority of crowds who take their word of mouth.

If salesperson says that RITZ can give 20+ fuel efficiency and/or ABS is not at all useful, common man will trust sales person and give them compliment "You are really knowledgeable salesperson, I was about to spend 1 lakh more for ABS version. You saved me. Thanks". Remember majority of people get convinced by their argument and most of people do not ask any technical things than usual stuffs.

Last edited by anujmishra : 1st November 2009 at 17:19.
Old 1st November 2009, 18:50   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssYouWe View Post
Hehe! Add me to the list of incompetent electronics engineers.

I have one thing going for me though, ain't no transistors hitting me in the face.

I'll never enter core electronics, I know my limitations.

Hehe. Don't be so sure. I too thought that I'd never land up in core electronics, but the recent placement session saw me land up in the holy grail of the electronics field. VLSI Design!
Old 1st November 2009, 19:55   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3mon View Post

Hehe. Don't be so sure. I too thought that I'd never land up in core electronics, but the recent placement session saw me land up in the holy grail of the electronics field. VLSI Design!

I don't have the option anymore. :P

Already out of the field.

I remember fighting with M&M service engineers while getting my Scorpio serviced. I wanted them to correct the alignment as it was pulling to a side.

Initially, they did not accept it was off. I got really pissed off and told them to put it on the machine and check.

As one would have it... It was out by a wide margin. The next 3 hours was spent trying to set it right.

When they couldn't even then... They came to tell me that an increase camber is okay and it is the caster that has to be perfect!

Okay first of all... both should be perfect. Second, if I had a choice.. I would be able to live with a slightly positive Caster but, how the hell can someone drive with awry camber readings!

Stupid fools.

A guy at some accessory store in Doon recently told me in a conspiratorial tone that the 3M front screen film is absolutely useless. It'll just lead to more glare and make it impossible to see during the night.

Last edited by Samurai : 1st November 2009 at 20:18. Reason: limit smiley to two.
Old 1st November 2009, 23:58   #125
Senior - BHPian

Ok some thing from my experience.

Went to the Maruti dealership near 32 Milestone in Gurgaon. Happened before I bought my Accent. AT that time, I was interested in the Dezire Top Model.

Dealer told me "SIr, why are you paying so much more money for just a boot. You go in for the Swift LXI model" And take a white one sir".

Wow, I have heard of salesman trying to offer higher variants. Here I am asking for a Dezire ZXI and he is trying to sell me the base variant of SWIFT.
Old 2nd November 2009, 11:12   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
+1

There's a whole group of innocent people who know nothing about cars and believe these sales persons to put lakhs of rupees on a car.

After an house, the car is the most expensive purchase made by many Indians and here we have loads of clowns dishing out crap.

How would a vegetarian feel when he's offered Sweet Corn Chicken Soup instead of SC Veg soup and when pointed out the server says, "Sar we gave you chicken as compliment...you should thank us instead of complaining".
yes i totally agree. you dont need to be an expert to provide basic information - specially when you spend so much time in direct contact with the product being sold. customers do not quiz the sales executives about cylinder bore or wheel nut pcd. they SHOULD by any means be in a position to dish out the information present in the brochure! innocent customers can get misled easily- my parents for example. you cant expect a housewife to know about cars but you can expect a sales executive to. how can a person who does not know the difference between the varients being sold be of ANY use to a customer!!!!! moreover the sales executives are least bothered when a youngster asks anything at the showroom. am a 19 year old student but 6 of my well wishers bought cars based on my recommendation.
Old 2nd November 2009, 13:57   #127
BHPian

I had one funny moment with TATA SE.I took a test drive of TATA Grande and this want happened

S.E: The model you are driving is the top end model with more features

Me: why No air bags and Abs even in Top end
S.E: Sir Bags won’t work properly and they never blow up even during the accident and its total waste.
Me: But Safari has an air bag in top end and you say that it won’t work?
S.E: ….(silent)

I suggest TATA should train the S.E to know about the Air bags.
Old 2nd November 2009, 14:46   #128
BHPian

Sales executive from RF Motors ,Tata Dealers in Kerala visits me after I enquire about the then just launched Indica Turbo.This guy starts asif he is
Gordon Murray
He-"Sir,(pointing toward the roof rails on the brochure) only we give this on a car in India.Its called 'Spoiler' and it is meant for 'AIR CUTTING' when you drive fast you will see the difference"
Me-"so wheres the roof rail..even matiz has got one"
He-"you are wrong sir,matiz is petrol,only diesel cars have roof rails,Hyundai calls it CRDI,our safari will soon come with roof rail"
khamsinmerak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2009, 16:38   #129
Distinguished - BHPian

C for common?

Or C for Classy?

I like my Classy-Rail Direct Injection engine best. The one with the steel spark plugs.

I really qualify for a job selling cars now!
Old 2nd November 2009, 16:56   #130
BHPian

^^
Most of us here would do quite well at that role.

Next, we'd start a thread on 'stupid buyers' asking 'stupid questions'; and laugh away to glory !

Edit:
Let me start with myself.
A few months back, discussing with my Service Advisor at the MASS
Me : Sir, would it be possible and how much would it cost to fit a PS and an Auto Transmission on my good ol Zen. (for all the emotional attachment with my first car)
SA : - was like - . Saar, pl sell this car and buy factory fitted model.

Last edited by jigbarai : 2nd November 2009 at 17:02.
jigbarai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2009, 20:30   #131
BHPian

One from my side, At Trident,hOSUR road Bangalore
Me - All Car in this price range have Airbag, why not Verna?
SM - Verna is having the latest technology which enable the engine to fall dowm and will not move towards cabin in case of frontial impact.
Old 3rd November 2009, 00:02   #132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
(All the points that I am typing are 100 percent correct.)
Will just go to some points that salesperson mentioned when I went as a "serious" buyer of i20 crdi at samara hyundai, defence colony, Delhi:
  • sir, tyres are 15" and alloys are 16"
  • power is 80 nm torque.
  • our car has 16v DOHC design, punto MJD doesn't.
  • another person:sir, I don't know anything about punto but only about my product.
  • GC is 160 inches!
  • sir, let me get the brochure while first asking for engine tech specs..
Totally made my day! Samara, kindly train your executives.
Hohoho! I didn't know that the i20 was a monster truck!
Old 3rd November 2009, 00:25   #133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khamsinmerak View Post
Sales executive from RF Motors ,Tata Dealers in Kerala visits me after I enquire about the then just launched Indica Turbo.This guy starts asif he is
Gordon Murray
He-"Sir,(pointing toward the roof rails on the brochure) only we give this on a car in India.Its called 'Spoiler' and it is meant for 'AIR CUTTING' when you drive fast you will see the difference"
Me-"so wheres the roof rail..even matiz has got one"
He-"you are wrong sir,matiz is petrol,only diesel cars have roof rails,Hyundai calls it CRDI,our safari will soon come with roof rail"
roof rails - spoiler - air cutting - on diesel - CRDI ... Why am I still alive?
Old 3rd November 2009, 12:33   #134
BHPian

Went with my friend to service Mahindra Xylo at Mahindra Service Centre, there was a lady serivce advisor who went ga ga about her knowledge in automobiles and servicing Mahindra Vehicles.

After 15 Mins.. asked her if she knows how to drive..A dead silence followed with a meek acceptance "NO".

Service Advisor who doesn't know to drive..
Old 3rd November 2009, 13:25   #135
Senior - BHPian

I wouldnt hold that against her , if she was competent otherwise

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks