Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2009, 11:54   #166
BHPian

Visited Techno Automobiles, TATA Fiat dealer at Dwarka. Checked out the Indigo Manza, they had a black Aura on display. The executive was well aware of all the featers and technologies.

Over all a good experience.
Old 9th November 2009, 16:04   #167
BHPian

Company service executives are no better.

my experience with linkway honda goregoan (east)sales n service
taken my honda civic for 1 service, on being asked about whether they use synthetic engine oil
" saar, oil is not natural substance so it is synthetic " a service executive saying this is shocking
honda only uses mineral oil for civics
Old 9th November 2009, 18:26   #168
Team-BHP Support

Comedy of Errors at Indian Dealerships-water.jpg

Websites are no better.
Check out the front seat belt option for Swift Vxi.

Is there no QC here.
Old 9th November 2009, 21:51   #169
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Peugeot engine, ... actually pronounced Porsche

That is the best yet, and probably the funniest post ever!
Old 10th November 2009, 10:36   #170
BHPian

This reminds me of a ex-Hyundai dealer (Now Toyota) in Surat - It's been a good 6 years now, that this happened. I had gone with my parents to check out the Accent GVS there. My parents were more interested in the then New Honda City, and they started comparing the Accent to it. It so happened that the owner of the dealership was around too, and on hearing the comparison, he walked up to us and said : "The New Honda City is very underpowered, guys. It has such a weak engine that you wont be able to climb the flyover near the Railway Station". I looked at him, nodded convinced, thanked him and walked off!

- If such is the state of the dealership owners (who ofcourse overdo, trying to hard sell their products), what can be expected from the sales executives, who have been strictly briefed to blabber anything just to sell the car, alongwith the finance and accesories!
Old 10th November 2009, 11:38   #171
BHPian

"Ritz petrol gives 19+ KMPL FE in Bangalore City" - a salesman in BIMAL
Old 10th November 2009, 13:13   #172
BHPian

This thread reminds me of my visit to the Mahindra showroom on MG road, Pune... I was there to check out the Logan soon after it was launched.

I was seated in the driver seat with the sales woman next to me and then I made the biggest mistake of my life... I asked her to tell me about the features offered with the top end variant and she started off with the indicator switch followed by the vipers and then the AC.

What kind of features are these I mean seriously I was thanking my stars that she din't blow the horn and say look the car even has a horn for crying out loud
Old 10th November 2009, 14:16   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankoor View Post
... and she started off with the indicator switch followed by the vipers and then the AC.

What kind of features are these I mean seriously I was thanking my stars that she din't blow the horn and say look the car even has a horn for crying out loud
Man these could be new features for her if we assume she was selling the old Mahindra jeeps
Old 10th November 2009, 19:42   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Never thought of that... but I've also never stopped to think how the Germans themselves pronounce it!
V is pronounced as Fau
W is pronounced as Wi

So, VW is pronounced as Fau-Wi
Old 11th November 2009, 00:24   #175
Distinguished - BHPian

Looks like Fowey, in Cornwall, UK --- which is pronounced foy --- and now I am confused!
Old 11th November 2009, 00:32   #176
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Looks like Fowey, in Cornwall, UK --- which is pronounced foy --- and now I am confused!
as near as it gets to calling a Peugeot a Porsche!!
Old 11th November 2009, 00:58   #177
BHPian

Reminds me of the time when my car illiterate colleague called a Porsche a Pors-chee.
Old 11th November 2009, 08:22   #178

Went to a Chevy Dealer on the 9th November and was looking at the Cruze. So was asking him about PEPS and the push start button. The first question I asked him was isn't it possible for someone to sneak in from the other side and start the car while you are standing at some distance. First he refused saying that you have the key but then I reminded him about the Push Button Start so he replied,

"Saar, if you even start the car, the ABS will lock the brakes and the car will be stopped after covering 1-1.5 Km's."

I was totally shocked and told him that doesn't the ABS' main job is not to lock the brakes after which he said he doesn't know about that but the Car will stop.

After some more queries, he became so tired that when I sneaked back in after 10 mins. with my parents he was nowhere to be seen
Old 11th November 2009, 08:32   #179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamiboy View Post
Well honestly I don't see a problem with that. You can pronounce it with a "V" or "F" or "W" or whatever you like. All over the world people have different accents and ways of saying things.
While one can understand a difference in accent, a difference in pronunciation is not acceptable. If you get what I'm saying...there's a difference between accent and pronunciation.

Check out the 2nd page of today's TOI, they've printed the name out in a dozen Indian languages to make the pronunciation clear.
Old 11th November 2009, 09:04   #180
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Given the rank idiocy that seems rampant at the dealer networks one could adopt the following method whenever one intends buying a vehicle.

One does all one's research on a prospective car via the internet (using Forums/Fora like ours), various car magazines, and other extraneous methods first.

I actually use a variation of this method - 1. Talk to owners of the car, 2. Talk to the mechanics in the A.S.S. (not the Managers or Service Advisors but the real mechanics - do not worry, the Sales guys will smooth things through with an eye on the eventual sale), 3. Talk to drivers who drive the car whether for a owner or the drivers in the dealership. This gives accurate and useful information.

Cheers,

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks