Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2010, 16:31   #316
Distinguished - BHPian

It's always good to know that you never have to worry about the engine delivering peak torque!

Quote:
"normal tyres but big"
Brilliant!
Old 3rd May 2010, 16:52   #317
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
They made your day, in process of pulling leg of the SP. I feel they were pretending to be Fools in Dealership. Somehow these people have graduated from electronics to cars.
Not sure if they were actual fools or pretending, but you are right that they indeed made my day.
Old 3rd May 2010, 18:20   #318
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by highsteem View Post
Ajay, its your turn to get surprised
For a brief period, enfield tried to sell a mini-bullet which had a 2 stroke engine. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/post-1...ml#post1171996

My uncle in Mysore used to drive one. I know it was maintained well, drive quality was good but it used to spit smoke like an old railway engine!! He later donated to somebody because no body was ready to buy!!
+1, we had one in our college lab and we used to take it out often. Those were the days!!
Old 3rd May 2010, 19:24   #319
Senior - BHPian

From my friend who went to Concorde Bangalore some time back to buy a Linea

Quote:
At Concorde Bangalore they have separate sales executives who cater TATA and FIAT sales one TATA sales person went as far as telling “MANZA is a LINEA with a TATA badge nothing more. Since TATA is an Indian car we are giving it at a low price
Old 4th May 2010, 18:00   #320
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Telephonic conversation with a Toyota dealer (cousin wants an Innova):

Me : When are you getting stock of the Innova with an intercooler? (BSIV spec)? Can you confirm the horsepower is the same?

Salesman : Saar, Innova has very powerful air-conditioner. It keeps interiors very cool. No need for more power.

Seriously now, the situation is getting ridiculous. When I speak to the showroom manager - which I will - I'll tell him to compulsorily have his staff surf Team-BHP for an hour a day. This time is called.....TRAINING!
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2010, 11:29   #321
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by highsteem View Post
Ajay, its your turn to get surprised
For a brief period, enfield tried to sell a mini-bullet which had a 2 stroke engine. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/post-1...ml#post1171996

My uncle in Mysore used to drive one. I know it was maintained well, drive quality was good but it used to spit smoke like an old railway engine!! He later donated to somebody because no body was ready to buy!!
My mamaji still has one...I learned riding a two wheeler on my dad's Bajaj 150 and graduated to a bike on this one...
Old 5th May 2010, 12:22   #322
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinayrathore View Post
My mamaji still has one...I learned riding a two wheeler on my dad's Bajaj 150 and graduated to a bike on this one...
Royal Enfield did sell 2 strokes no doubt.. but were they called BULLET?

I was surprised when he mentioned 2 stroke BULLET. and how can he mistake a JAWA/YEZDI for a RE Bullet? Bullets never had 2 silencers.
AFAIK there were no 2 stroke Bullets.

They also made the FURY which was 2 stroke apart from SHERPA

Last edited by ajay2233 : 5th May 2010 at 12:24.
Old 5th May 2010, 13:52   #323
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

Me : When are you getting stock of the Innova with an intercooler? (BSIV spec)? Can you confirm the horsepower is the same?

Salesman : Saar, Innova has very powerful air-conditioner. It keeps interiors very cool. No need for more power.

Seriously now, the situation is getting ridiculous. When I speak to the showroom manager - which I will - I'll tell him to compulsorily have his staff surf Team-BHP for an hour a day. This time is called.....TRAINING!

ROFLMAO

Don't be surprised if the Manager sends you a 'Thank You' for keeping his staff abreast with the latest info.
Old 6th May 2010, 20:16   #324
BHPian

While taking the delivery of RITZ VDI.

Me: Why is the rack behind the rear seat missing?
Salesman: That is only for convenience of fitting speakers sir. As this car has provision for speakers in the door it is not required.
Me: I'd like to have it anyway.
Salesman: Yes it can be fixed if you want sir....~pause~...we don't have in stock at the moment sir, will get it after 3-4 weeks.

Has been 2 1/2 months but they still haven't got it!
Old 7th May 2010, 22:30   #325
BHPian

This happened in 2004, when I was in college. Went to enquire about a Pulsar 150.
Me: I want to enquire about the Pulsar 150.
SR: Why are you going for Pulsar. I would suggest you go for Wind 125.
Me: No, But I want to buy the Pulsar. 150cc, bigger bike, better looking.
SR: You won't look good on a Pulsar. Wind 125 would suit you better.
Me:

Well....I went for the Wind (being on a budget as Dad was paying for the bike)...But repent my decision till now. Finally sold off the bike in 2009.
Old 9th May 2010, 11:48   #326
BANNED

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 13th May 2010 at 11:24.
monty9991 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 9th May 2010, 12:55   #327

Abs

About three years back was accompanying a friend for his prospective car. I remember being told in one of the showrooms that its better not to have ABS in cars, as with ABS you "cannot do a sudden stop and it is very dangerous". Also that "in India, non-ABS cars are the best."
Old 9th May 2010, 23:17   #328
Distinguished - BHPian

There is funny advice, bad advice, and criminally bad advice!
Old 10th May 2010, 00:59   #329
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

If you like to believe the Toyota website - the horsepower is indeed the same. They have finally made a mention of the BS IV 2KD FTV engine that does duty in Innova

Toyota - Innova
Old 10th May 2010, 02:41   #330
BHPian

So I went to Kairali Ford in Trivandrum some time back to look at the new Ikon. Immediately I noticed that the new model had a bigger gap between wheel and car body, so big that the strut and coil spring was visible plainly on a white car.

Me: Why is that gap so large? It looks ugly.
SP: That's how it is in Ikon, sir. The gap is there because there is no load.
Me (pointing to previous model Ikon standing empty next to it): What about that one? That looks ok?

SP: Sir that is an older car - suspension is collapsed a bit from age!

Me (goes over to look at the older car and sees that it is a 2007 model with only 25K on odo): So the suspension only lasts 25K on Ikon? Wow!

SP: (looks a bit wild-eyed) No..No, sir. That car was rashly driven (the car looked pristine), anyway, new Ikon has better suspension, let me show you the brochure...

I went over to the new car, and saw that the tyre size was 13" on the new model and 14" on the old one! But nice recovery there by the SP, wouldn't you agree?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks