Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

View Poll Results: Has the negative feedback on Skoda on TBhp affected your impression of Skoda India
Yes, I choose not to buy or recommend Skoda. 254 86.10%
No, I will still buy or recommend Skoda 41 13.90%
Voters: 295. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2009, 11:48   #151
Max
BHPian

skoda is bad company. i will never buy or recommend skoda, Volkswagen or anything related to this company.
Old 8th November 2009, 12:18   #152
BHPian

i would not recommend a skoda. spending 20L on a car and facing problems is ridiculous! what good is value for money if the package comes with so many problems? skoda does not care about its customers and i feel it would be foolish to trust such a brand. lets return the treatment which skoda mends out toits costumers. if you need a solid car buy an ambassador
Old 8th November 2009, 12:50   #153
BHPian

nobody is disrespecting skoda owners here. Infact we are very thankful to them.
Many people writing here against skoda may have even never owned skoda product, but the word of mouth starts from a genuine skoda owner only.
And who knows how many to-be skoda owners may have been saved by this.

And all this criticism is for skoda good only.
If they improve their a.s.s to an acceptable level, who knows based on a good handful experiences of skoda owners, perspective of others may change and they may start looking skoda as an option in their purchase.

This is a great medium, and I would like even existing skoda owners to keep us posted whenever they see any visible improvements in skoda a.s.s.
Old 8th November 2009, 20:42   #154
BHPian

The CARS (with their sales numbers - indicating market verdict) will continue to PROVE themselves, irrespective of the perception Skoda carries on the forum.
Old 9th November 2009, 13:00   #155
Senior - BHPian

I can tell my horror story with GM - its personal - I do not stop anyone posting GM vehicle TDs by confusing with my own experience. I know they have good products and still buyers like them. I took a TD of Magnum, and if anyone asks, I always recommend it.

I like Laura (out of my Budget) and Yeti too looks impressive to me. I can not forget how successful Octavia was in India. I may go for one of their products if that fits to my budget. I do not want to take a blunt decision "NO SKODA".

While I understand some of you had bad experiences with them, I know few people, who are happy with their products. Will anyone object buying Laura - I just read the 0-100-0 test in Autobuild, it gives me a confidence that Skoda is a company with produces powerful cars.

Is I have 20L, I want to buy a Laura L&K, Its in my wishlist always.

Last edited by agbenny : 9th November 2009 at 13:04.
Old 9th November 2009, 13:47   #156
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuuj View Post
This thread was started to guage if the feedback of Skoda owners affected other Bhpians in a way that they shied away from buying a Skoda.

If anything it respects the views if Skoda owners..i think ignoring their feedback would have been disrespectful.

Lastly as far as closing this thread goes i had already asked the Mods to do so a few posts ago, as with over 85% of Bhpians agreeing with me i have already got the answer i needed..Cheers!
So is there no provision for a thread starter to close his own thread? Mods pls look at this aspect.

There is definately a point in what you say, but the other view too is valid to some extent, it is quite easy to convince one self of the reason for not going for XYZ vehicle to be the one posted on thread 1 or the site itself, but that as is referred to in Courts is a "Leading statement" where the reason for an action is prompted to the respondent. The appropriate scenario would be where the the question is open ended without the options being thrown in.

A person (not doing as well as you - with your stated Range Rover credentials) may state that I dropped say the City or say the Endeavour from the choice of cars that he/she would buy next due to say pricing or rear seat dynamics but the real reasons could be financial. It is very easy to convince oneself of a more logical technical reason like poor service support rather than pricing. - This is not to say that your point of view or those of all polling on this thread is incorrect, but am sure this poll would be biased to some unknown % even due to other parameters that one cannot control insipite of the best efforts to remain neutral.

Obviously open ended question without prompting cannot be used in polls. But this poll is kind of not fair. Would request you to approach the mods and have this thread closed, It has already proved the point it set out to do - (given the preceptions).

A poll of current / past skoda owners who would / would not go for / recommend a skoda for themselves / others would make more relevent sense. Just the way the JD power survey is done with current owners.

Last edited by ACM : 9th November 2009 at 13:49.
Old 9th November 2009, 13:53   #157
MCR
BHPian

Saw the following longtime ownership report of Fabia1.4
The owner of the car has given a fair report IMHO.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...-elegance.html

This shows that there are satisfied owners on TBHP. The question now I ask myself is, how many of the owners are really not satisfied and the reasons for the same? Is there something else other than the product to add to their dissatisfaction? Also I have read in the same forum that Skoda has replaced many a "lemons".
As soon as I get these questions in my mind I start believing that this thread is a bit sarcastic. One humble request from me to moderators, pls close this thread.

By the way I have not voted.
Reasons;
1. I have never been to a Skoda showroom.
2. I have never owned Skoda cars.
I will reserve my judgement untill I have a "showroom" experience.
Old 9th November 2009, 13:59   #158

Hi Everyone,
A couple of months ago, I was shopping around for an upgrade to Swift. The cars we had in mind were the Civic, Corolla Altis and the Laura. While getting TDs for the first two were no problem, Skoda was another story altogether.
Firstly, Autobahn in Mumbai, did not have a TD car - or so I was told. Then I went online and registered for a TD. Got a call - within twenty minutes from a Bengaluru number - who promised to get the local dealer - in MUmbai to get in touch. This was a month and a half ago. SInce the, guess what, I've had three calls - all apologetic from the Bengaluru number - but not one from the local dealer.
Then I became a member of TBHP and the horror stories about Skoda put me off the brandf completely.
In a nutshell, the reports on this forum did help in crystallising our decision. We've decided on the Altis AT, and booked one.
Old 10th November 2009, 07:38   #159
vij
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
So is there no provision for a thread starter to close his own thread? Mods pls look at this aspect.

There is definately a point in what you say, but the other view too is valid to some extent, it is quite easy to convince one self of the reason for not going for XYZ vehicle to be the one posted on thread 1 or the site itself, but that as is referred to in Courts is a "Leading statement" where the reason for an action is prompted to the respondent. The appropriate scenario would be where the the question is open ended without the options being thrown in.

A person (not doing as well as you - with your stated Range Rover credentials) may state that I dropped say the City or say the Endeavour from the choice of cars that he/she would buy next due to say pricing or rear seat dynamics but the real reasons could be financial. It is very easy to convince oneself of a more logical technical reason like poor service support rather than pricing. - This is not to say that your point of view or those of all polling on this thread is incorrect, but am sure this poll would be biased to some unknown % even due to other parameters that one cannot control insipite of the best efforts to remain neutral.

Obviously open ended question without prompting cannot be used in polls. But this poll is kind of not fair. Would request you to approach the mods and have this thread closed, It has already proved the point it set out to do - (given the preceptions).

A poll of current / past skoda owners who would / would not go for / recommend a skoda for themselves / others would make more relevent sense. Just the way the JD power survey is done with current owners.
You know what? You are right!
But having said that there are also people like me who badly want to hear good stories about the Skoda SUPERB, who also try to pick and read good customer stories and product reliability about the SUPERB because its the car of their dreams(considering budget and features) and their first choice and its PRIMARILY because of the really BAD reliability and *** issues that their dreams are shattered. Trust me on this.

Last edited by vij : 10th November 2009 at 07:42.
Old 10th November 2009, 09:24   #160
BHPian

I have voted 'Yes'. I decided against buying a Skoda after reading the horror stories and also advise my friends against buying Skoda.

Just want to clarify a few points.

Am I a Skoda owner? NO, I have not been so unfortunate. But you do not need to poison yourself to know that it kills!

Secondly, can we blame all the dealers because some of them have treated their customers roughly? NO

And, can Skoda ownership experience in India be improved? YES

BUT....

Although logically Skoda does not sound that bad afterall, but there are things like ethics and morality!

After going through Harish's story I felt that although it was the rogue delaer who started the mess, attitude of Skoda has made the sufferings prolonged. We still can not forget the way Skoda thretened to 'Instigate' the Team-Bhp users. If this is the way a car company treats a community of automobile lovers, they dont deserve to be in automobile business.

I absolutely lusted for the Octy vRS. Some of their cars are really good package. But I am never going to buy a Skoda, neither I will recommend it to anyone.
Old 10th November 2009, 10:57   #161
BHPian

I voted in favor of Skoda.

I own a Skoda Fabia for more than a year now. I love my car and it’s a capable and trust worthy car. I will recommend this car for someone who can afford the maintenance. In fact I want my next car to be a Skoda (Yeti).
In my opinion, this poll result will be biased. It has to be open only to Skoda owners to reveal the real picture.

Last edited by MadRash : 10th November 2009 at 11:02.
Old 10th November 2009, 11:01   #162
BHPian

Yes,I did go against Skoda after reading about their horror stories here. I was looking around for a new hatchback but Skoda never came in mind even after their price reduction just because of the horror stories, thinking that what if I became the unlucky one to face it. Have now decided to go for Hyundai i20
Old 10th November 2009, 13:34   #163
BHPian

I liked the idea of a luxury sedan at 12+ lakhs, Diesel, all bells and whistles. Skoda fit in nicely in this bracket. But after t-bhp, no way! Skoda hopefully reads this thread and does something about their product quality as well.
Old 10th November 2009, 14:12   #164
BHPian

^^
Sorry to say but its not going to matter as much. Let us look at some numbers here.

Say we have close to 250 people who have either decided (voted) to not purchase or guided others not to purchase a Skoda.

Even if we very optimistically were to take all of these 250 folks of 'prospective interests' as 'converted customers', we are looking at Skoda losing out sales of 250 cars max.

Now, as far as I can remember, the strong 'Skoda backlash' (pardon the word) on the forum has been going on for like 6 + months. (Since Harish's case was highlighted).

So we are looking at a lost business of what, 40 cars per month, across the segments?

Not a big deal IMO.
Old 10th November 2009, 14:46   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigbarai View Post
^^
Sorry to say but its not going to matter as much. Let us look at some numbers here.

Say we have close to 250 people who have either decided (voted) to not purchase or guided others not to purchase a Skoda.

Even if we very optimistically were to take all of these 250 folks of 'prospective interests' as 'converted customers', we are looking at Skoda losing out sales of 250 cars max.

Now, as far as I can remember, the strong 'Skoda backlash' (pardon the word) on the forum has been going on for like 6 + months. (Since Harish's case was highlighted).

So we are looking at a lost business of what, 40 cars per month, across the segments?

Not a big deal IMO.
There are thousands of members in this forum.
And among them there would be lot of them who might have read the Skoda feedback on forum at one place or other, but have not voted in this topic as they may not be that active in all areas of this forum.

Me too used to only visit the "What Car" and subtopics for a long time.
Only when I had some extra time to kill/used search option, I visited other areas and found this topic/poll).

Also I visited one of skoda showroom here few weeks back. There were no customers there(apart from us). Even the salesmen looked little surprised when I entered showroom . Seems they definitely were having lot of idle time. Also after enquiring the Prices across variants (Fabia), when I asked for a brochure, he went into a small closet and gave me one which was a very outdated one containing 1.4 petrol and 1.4 diesel engine information.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed