Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Has the negative feedback on Skoda on TBhp affected your impression of Skoda India
Yes, I choose not to buy or recommend Skoda. 254 86.10%
No, I will still buy or recommend Skoda 41 13.90%
Voters: 295. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2009, 17:19   #1
BHPian

How many of you decided against buying a Skoda after reports on Tbhp?

Hi All,

I along with many of you have been reading about the horrors of owning a Skoda on Team BHP and other forums.

The affect it had on me was that i immediately put to hold the plans of my father and aunt of buying one Superb each as i was disgusted with the way Skoda has treated its customers while carrying on to harp about the infallibility of their cars.

Thats a loss of about 40 lacs of business for M/S. Skoda India!

It left me wondering on how many other people did something similiar and shunned Skoda upon reading on the net about the problems that many Skoda owners and fellow Bhpian's are facing with their cars.

So please leave your feedback so we can (as can Skoda India if they pay attention) calculate how much business Skoda might have lost due to their bad quality and the power of information!

I do not own a Skoda of any kind and i don't intend to either.
Old 28th October 2009, 17:23   #2
BHPian

I have no intentions of buying a car right now but the reviews have definately dented Skoda's image in my mind. Atleast I ask my collegues to go through the reviews before making a decision of the cars.

--Vikrant
Old 28th October 2009, 17:28   #3
BHPian

You will not believe this but I had decided to buy a Skoda even after reading bad A*S*S stories back in Dec 2007. But when the horror happened to me and I managed (unlike many unlucky others) to escape - thanks to BHPians, I said never to Skoda for the rest of my life.

So have at least 3 of my friends / acquaintances, one of whom was looking to upgrade his Octavia.
Old 28th October 2009, 17:31   #4
BHPian

I was on the lookout for a car in the 12 to 14 lakh range. Skoda was never in the reckoning after reading the horro stories at BHP. I finally wnet for an Altis and pleased with the decision.
Old 28th October 2009, 17:31   #5
Senior - BHPian

I have no plans of buying a car right now BUT yes a lot of my family members have and did.

I did recommend them against buying Skoda though !!

I must have discouraged at least 10 people or more from buying Laura's and Superb's.
Old 28th October 2009, 17:34   #6
BHPian

I would buy if i were to get a used car but for a new one i wouldnt.
The reason for this will be
If my budget is 10 lacs i will get a nice used octavia for 7-8 lacs(mint condition) and leave the rest 3-2 lacs for the future problems if there are any, this means that if i do encounter a problem i will have my insurance but if skoda doesnt help me then i will just tap in to this fund and fix the car after which i will ask the garage guy if he suggests keeping the car or selling it, if to sell then i will, in this way i am atleast not stuck.
Old 28th October 2009, 17:37   #7
BHPian

We were deciding on a hatch to buy and my Dad got an offer from one of his friends for the Fabia. He asked my opinion and I said a big 'NO' and we settled for the Santro.

Thanks to Team-BHP and am happy with my decision .
Old 28th October 2009, 17:39   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

I going quite against the tide. I bought my Superb inspite of the horror stories with my fingers crossed. People might hate me for saying this but we might be going in for a second Superb soon

The product is too good for the price and I believe Skoda does make good cars. It's the dealers that are at fault most often. I will defiantly be very attentive of monitoring the services. My driver will remain at the service center till the job is done. Yes there is no fool proof method that can avoid hanky-panky but thats a risk I am willing to take to get a product superior to competition.

Last edited by Sahil : 28th October 2009 at 17:40.
Old 28th October 2009, 17:43   #9
Senior - BHPian

I convinced 2 of my known persons to drop the idea of buying a Skoda and forwarded couple of links from T-BHP.

And i will never ever buy a skoda, this is least i can do to sympathisize with the people troubled by Skoda.
Old 28th October 2009, 17:45   #10
BHPian

Was never interested in skodas, but didnt know about their A.S.S adventures till i read reports on TBHP. If i had to buy a car, definetely would never consider skoda.
Old 28th October 2009, 17:53   #11
BHPian

I was almost ready to buy the Skoda 1.8 TSI but hesitated as I felt that it lacked certain basic features for a car of its price. Moreover, I also wanted an auto transmission. But I was still toying with the idea when some kind soul on the Autocar forum drew my attention to this thread. I was shocked to read the horror stories and decided to wait and wait.
Old 28th October 2009, 17:55   #12
Senior - BHPian

When I was in the market for a luxury vehicle last year, I did not even consider any Skoda products.

This year, I bought a Hyundai i20 for 7.3 lacs but did not even think about the Fabia
Old 28th October 2009, 17:57   #13
Senior - BHPian

Well,

TBHP helped keep Fabia off my list, and I recommended it to a friend who didn't upgrade his esteem to an octy

+2
Old 28th October 2009, 17:58   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
I going quite against the tide. I bought my Superb inspite of the horror stories with my fingers crossed. People might hate me for saying this but we might be going in for a second Superb soon

The product is too good for the price and I believe Skoda does make good cars. It's the dealers that are at fault most often. I will defiantly be very attentive of monitoring the services. My driver will remain at the service center till the job is done. Yes there is no fool proof method that can avoid hanky-panky but thats a risk I am willing to take to get a product superior to competition.
Same here. Just make the car a Fabia.

As to recommendations bit, I do point out the questionable a.s.s. and tad costlier spares to anyone and everyone who asks; but the cars are just-too-good to be 'recommended against', for the money they are being sold at.

Last edited by jigbarai : 28th October 2009 at 18:00.
Old 28th October 2009, 17:59   #15
BHPian

You can add my 15L to that pool.
My choices were the Laura, Superb, Fortuner & Cruze. Ultimately settled for the Cruze.
Skoda has genuinely good cars which gives us Indians what we want "VFM Luxury" the Superb is a prime case in my point. Fantastic Car luxury, comfort, features, technology (petrol), Image, etc. But it has its own sets of problems, of what I have read on this forum the DSG gear box is prone to failure and by now it is a given that a lot, and by a lot I mean A LOT of skoda's dealers are out of control.
Hence decided to stay away from Skoda for the same.
Now only if Skoda were to pay some heed to all these complaints about its A.S.S. and do something about it then maybe it would see better numbers.

Last edited by bashani : 28th October 2009 at 18:03.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks