Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2018, 16:20   #76
BHPian

Mobility solutions for the differently abled.

I came across this WagonR in my area. Could not click good pics as I was in a hurry. There is a foldout ramp for the wheelchair to drive in, but that pic did not come through. The company that does this is Ferro Equip.

http://mobilityenhanced.com

Hope this information is useful.

Regards
Attached Thumbnails
Drivers with Disabilities-img_20181216_1832383492304x3072.jpg  

Drivers with Disabilities-img_20181216_1835182352304x3072.jpg  

Anwesh is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 19th November 2019, 23:03   #77
Senior - BHPian

Re: Drivers with Disabilities

Thanks to Ferdinand Rodricks for sending these images in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

Quote:
We have fitted hand controls enabling a person with either or both limb disabilities, for which we are ARAI certified and RTO approved. Till date, you name it and we have done it. From Nano to Audi, BMW, Mercedes, Mini Cooper, Maruti, Hyundai, Ford, Fiat, Mahindra, Tata, Volvo, Skoda, etc. Besides
restoring vintage cars and making special purpose vans like service vans,
accessible vehicles.
Drivers with Disabilities-hand-controls-1.jpg

Drivers with Disabilities-hand-controls.jpg

Quote:
A Maruti Ertiga we customized for the specially-abled, making their
vehicles wheelchair accessible.
Drivers with Disabilities-ertiga-wav-3.jpg

Drivers with Disabilities-ertiga-wav-6.jpg

Drivers with Disabilities-ertiga-wav-31.jpg
ChiragM is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 10th March 2022, 01:23   #78
BRV
BHPian

Bumping old thread
Mods: Couldn't find a thread on scooters for Physically Challenged. Please merge it with appropriate thread.

This is related to Physically Challenged person looking for suggestions on modified scooter i.e., three-wheeler / four-wheeler.

My uncle is using Suzuki Access 125 modified to four-wheeler which has done close to 30k kms in last 10 years. This has served the purpose and its time for replacing the scooter (due to recurring cost on repairs, poor mileage, accessories spares issues). Prior to this he was using Luna converted to three-wheeler.

Drivers with Disabilities-pic-1.jpg
Drivers with Disabilities-pic-2.jpg
Name:  Pic 3.jpg
Views: 393
Size:  131.8 KB

We have plenty of options currently in the market for scooters and reliable accessories in converting regular scooters to four-wheeler for physically challenged people. The main disadvantage of four-wheeler is the balance while driving in uneven roads or surfaces (we have an approach road with inclination over a curve and the tyre slips and rolls back) so preferably three-wheeler where the power from engine is connected directly to both the tyres in the back.

Recently we came across lot of electric scooters converted to three wheelers. We are ready to jump the bandwagon of electric scooters because of its functionality especially the reverse option. However, none of them are from the reputed manufacturers. All of them are Chinese imported and modified.

Need suggestions:
1. Does any electric scooter manufacturer currently have three-wheeler in their stable?
2. If we convert scooter (Ather / Ola / TVS) to three / four-wheeler, will it void warranty?
3. If anyone has used or known persons are using, any other electric three / four-wheeler please share the feedback
4. Also, the registration and insurance process (current vehicle is registered as two-wheeler only and no insurance)

Note: The person who use this vehicle is from Tier III city and is fully dependent on the vehicle for his commute daily to office (approximately 15 kms per day)

Few YouTube videos of the electric three wheelers. Almost all of them look similar

Thanks in advance.
Old 23rd May 2022, 09:51   #79
GTO
Team-BHP Support

In case this helps others . I think Ferdi is the best in India to modify cars for the disabled. He was in charge of maintaining my Jeep for 20 years and I've seen his quality of work up close.

GTO is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks