Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2010, 17:52   #256
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
A friend of mine recently booked the 320D CE from Navnit and the waiting period is 6 months!! Why is it so long?
Have they run out of stocks, or what? Six months for a CE is ridiculous, I'd strongly suggest a slightly used Highline or maybe a Merc Exec Edition if available instead of waiting six months. By then I'd expect the new 3 to surface internationally.

Has your friend checked with Infinity? Ask him to check with the Pune guys too, maybe they have stock. Can always get it registered here.
Old 5th November 2010, 22:21   #257
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post

Has your friend checked with Infinity? Ask him to check with the Pune guys too, maybe they have stock. Can always get it registered here.
My friend stays in Vashi and he'll get the car registered there. he inquired at all showrooms in Bombay but none of them are ready to give Navi Mumbai registration. So Navnit at Thane was the only option. Apparently, there are some production problems hence the delay.
He's now considering the C or A4.
Old 6th November 2010, 01:19   #258
Senior - BHPian

We happen to pick one up in the family 2 weeks back and at the time of booking 4 weeks back they had quite a few nos ready stock especially white and black colors. Though not sure about the numbers. Maybe most of the stock got booked for the diwali period. Or probably once the stock are over they have restricted themselves from keeping the stock or placing the order only as per the booking since it's going to be the year closing.

Last edited by Invinsible : 6th November 2010 at 01:20.
Old 8th November 2010, 11:16   #259
Senior - BHPian

I suppose the delay is probably due to a particulat colour combination he needs? I don't know but in Ahmedabad you have few in Stock and most special out of stock cars can be had in about 4 weeks.

Don't know if this has been mentioned here but all new productions of BMW 3 in India now will include the electronic power steering as people had a problem with the previous units. Now I do not have a clue what problem is being spoken of but I have driven the 3 quite a bit in India and I think it had a beautiful steering setup, and now they are going the electric way.

Regards,
Old 9th November 2010, 10:12   #260
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by S350L-E240 View Post
Don't know if this has been mentioned here but all new productions of BMW 3 in India now will include the electronic power steering as people had a problem with the previous units.
You mean the 3's hydraulic steering has been replaced with electric power units? I highly doubt it. For one, the current 3 series is on its way out & I doubt BMW would bother with such a massive change for a soon-to-be-discontinued model. Second, merely replacing the hydraulic with an electric steering won't make the car greener....it has to be designed "into" the car (like the new 5 for instance).

Making the hydraulic steering lighter for city use should be a simple adjustment for BMW. It's not that big a deal to change the steering's calibration & power assistance.
Old 9th November 2010, 11:16   #261
Senior - BHPian

GTO,

I thought the 3 always had an option for Servotronic or something similar which made the steering wheel a lot lighter? I think it was called Speed sensitive steering wheel or something? I am not sure of it but I when the sales manager spoke of this I only assumed they are making that option standard for the Indian package.

Perhaps it could just be the calibration which you speak of, Sorry if the information I gave was misleading but was communicated by the staff at the dealership. Will try confirm this once they re-open after diwali.

Regards,
Old 9th November 2010, 23:49   #262
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I doubt BMW would bother with such a massive change for a soon-to-be-discontinued model. Second, merely replacing the hydraulic with an electric steering won't make the car greener....it has to be designed "into" the car (like the new 5 for instance)
It came out couple years ago?? on the 320d efficient dynamics (green) version. Also seen in the Z4 which rides on the same platform.

But still, this is a unique thing for Indian market in its final year of production and an unwelcome change for enthusiasts.

Last edited by Mpower : 9th November 2010 at 23:57.
Old 10th November 2010, 13:46   #263
Senior - BHPian

I suppose now every other car will be launched with what the general public desires and being an enthusiast will always play a second fiddle in terms of choices, I still wonder once volumes are high enough will we be offered a certain options like other markets across the world?

GTO, Confirmed with he dealership, EPS will be added and like I said it was always an option in EU and rest of the world.

Regards,

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks