Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2009, 11:54   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
I searched a lot of places in Bangalore to pick up a copy of Zigwheels, but in vain. No luck at Landmark, nor at a couple of shops on Commercial street.
maybe you should have tried the magazine store on CMH road - opposite A2B.
Old 3rd November 2009, 12:13   #17
Senior - BHPian

Just got hold of Zigwheels magazine a few days back. Its huge (as in the page size). Content is OK, paper quality is superb.

Costs only Rs 10.
Old 9th November 2009, 14:47   #18
Senior - BHPian

picked up Zigwheels this weekend- while it doesnt really take the game forward in therms of content in any manner, what flummoxed me hpw they can sell it for 10 buck? the print quality is at par with the other mags and the ads are also pretty much similar in number to the other? what is their secret? or are the others taking us for a ride with their 100 rupee price tags.
Old 9th November 2009, 16:06   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
picked up Zigwheels this weekend- while it doesnt really take the game forward in therms of content in any manner, what flummoxed me hpw they can sell it for 10 buck? the print quality is at par with the other mags and the ads are also pretty much similar in number to the other? what is their secret? or are the others taking us for a ride with their 100 rupee price tags.
Same question here too.
BTW does anyone know is it fortnightly of monthly ?
Old 9th November 2009, 22:35   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Same question here too.
BTW does anyone know is it fortnightly of monthly ?
Revenue from advertisements + Others are definetly taking us for a ride at 100rupees.
Old 9th November 2009, 23:24   #21
Senior - BHPian

Not entirely correct. I definately think ZigWheels is losing money in this and are trying to shake up the market. Market penetration 101.

Drifter
Old 10th November 2009, 12:47   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Revenue from advertisements + Others are definetly taking us for a ride at 100rupees.
Quote:
Originally Posted by drifter View Post
Not entirely correct. I definately think ZigWheels is losing money in this and are trying to shake up the market. Market penetration 101.

Drifter
I prefer autocar for the accuracy of the articles, the road tests. For me, after tbhp, that is the definitive for facts. I try to read thru their opinions and look at the facts. I love the writing style of Top Gear. Some of their features make for brilliant reading.

Zig wheels can sold at such a low price because it comes from the Times house. Over the times, i have noticed all or most of the times products are brought into the market with a very low price and very aggressive marketing and then over time, once the customer based is more established, the price of the magazine/newpaper increases.

Another example is the new crest that they have started giving out with the wknd paper which is priced at rs. 6. It essentially aims at India Today/RD but with a lower pricing per week/issue.

Many a moon ago, I did my Journalism from delhi. For my final paper, my thesis focused on the opening wars between Hindustan Times and TOI. It was during that research that I realized and knew that i would never read or subscribe to the opinions published in TOI or any of the times publications. The alleged selling of newspaper space and a site called Medianet were very big arguments against the times.
Old 10th November 2009, 16:10   #23
Senior - BHPian

After spending tons of moolah on every new magazine that comes up, i've stopped buying them altogether. Even the annual issues. They are too overpriced for the same old content presented in different formats. If nothing new, bring on a comparo without really declaring a clear verdict!! Got bored of such antics and stopped buying. Now dont spend money at all cause its all available on TBHP and the net for free.

Bought zigwheels last weekend and found that it was reasonably priced. Again, old wine but atleast at a less-than-reasonable price. Even if it goes up to Rs.30 in 6 months time, i'm ok. Thats what they did with the new weekly India Today. Priced at 10bucks and then taken straight up to 20!

An automag should not be priced more than 60bucks! Hell i dont need the centre spread!
Old 10th November 2009, 16:13   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Drifter
Here is the trick for sure. The magazine has no information about subscription - means after loosing some money it will be priced to Rs.100 +. But they should remember, we compare the magazine, not just the prices!.
So if the increase the price we will expect even more quality. :-)
Old 17th November 2009, 20:06   #25
BHPian

Quote:

Drifter

Umm i wudnt say that!
Old 4th December 2009, 21:28   #26
Senior - BHPian

Zig Wheels out at Rs.10 a copy (A Times of India presentation)

ZigWheels , A supplement thats been issued along with The Economic Times has released a monthly magazine. Will be posting a short review soon. After just glancing through , the pictures look imposing a great to look at because of the colossal size comparing it to other magazines . Adil Darukhanawala being the editor in chief after his stint in Autocar and Car India seems to have got the pricing part spot on. Just wishing the content is equally well put like Autocar.

Auto India and India Car probably is the only magazine to have come close to this kind of pricing . Hope its going to be a good read.

Its a goodnew making auto news more affordable .
Attached Thumbnails
Zig Wheels out at Rs.10 a copy (A Times of India presentation)-img_4667.jpg  

Zig Wheels out at Rs.10 a copy (A Times of India presentation)-img_4668.jpg  

Zig Wheels out at Rs.10 a copy (A Times of India presentation)-img_4669.jpg  

Old 4th December 2009, 21:32   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

@maxbhp - How do you find the quality of the articles?
Old 4th December 2009, 21:34   #28
Senior - BHPian

Is this some kind of introductory price? Because its simply too cheap to be true
Old 4th December 2009, 21:36   #29
Senior - BHPian

You are a bit late.
It was released last month. Reviews are already there in the
"Great auto mag war" thread.
Old 4th December 2009, 21:40   #30
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Yes its true. Its priced at just Rs.10 per issue. I bought the October issue with a red Merc SLS and a grey Ford Figo on cover. I thought the first issue was only priced at Rs.10 but even the December issue is priced at the same rate which makes it unbelievably cheap. It makes a good read as well, not in the league of ACI though. But for Rs.10, its incredible value for what you get.

Most Viewed