Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2009, 20:48   #16
BHPian

Cruze is a great car and would become best bet of segment with introduction of an AT.
Price rise of Rs.70,000 is expected.
Old 14th December 2009, 06:24   #17
BHPian

DAMN I HATE TBHP BECAUSE I CAN NEVER BE THE FIRST TO POST ANYTHING.
Anyways WRONG INFO POSTED I HAVE 100% CONFIRMED NEWS. The cruze is indeed coming in automatic but on January 10th, 2009 WITH PEDAL SHIFT. This infomation was confirmed with the dealers in Mumbai. I was about to buy the cruze but found the clutch really hard and short and i mean really short for traffic in Mumbai. I decided to go in or another car and thats when the dealership people old me to wait and that an automatic variant with two options (both to do with the type of acceleration) would come on January 10, 2009 with pedal shift. And i will be one of the first ones to be informed so that i can book it to get the first lot. And yeah the reason this is 100% is because i have taken way to many chevy's from their dealership they never ever mess around.
Old 14th December 2009, 09:48   #18
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Auto was desperately needed on the Cruz, some buyers may have stayed away due to the absence of the Auto.

But pricing- They can't afford to raise the price across models by more than 50K - 1L would take it too close the the Laura and the brand perception for the cruz is on in that segment as yet.

The Auto would rid us of the heavy clutch and the turbo lag, but we need to be cautioned that the turbo lag can either seem reduced or even increased with an auto based on how it is geared. (Effeciency, ease of driving or power).
Old 14th December 2009, 10:29   #19
BHPian

Good to know about one more AT in this segment.
Old 14th December 2009, 15:51   #20
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by irulee View Post
DAMN I HATE TBHP BECAUSE I CAN NEVER BE THE FIRST TO POST ANYTHING.

Quote:
The cruze is indeed coming in automatic but on January 10th, 2009 WITH PEDAL SHIFT.
You mean paddle shifts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
They can't afford to raise the price across models by more than 50K - 1L
75,000 would be a reasonable premium, and still retain the Cruze' VFM quotient.
Old 14th December 2009, 16:01   #21
BHPian

Quote:
The cruze is indeed coming in automatic but on January 10th, 2009 WITH PEDAL SHIFT. ......
A "Flappy Paddle" gear-box seems highly unlikely.

what's the use of flappy paddle without a dual clutch gearbox (that shifts within milliseconds)

asking for a such a gearbox on cruze is like equipping an ambassador with ceramic disk brakes.

you can do it, but it will cost you the sky and wont serve much purpose.
Old 14th December 2009, 17:25   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Anyways WRONG INFO POSTED I HAVE 100% CONFIRMED NEWS. The cruze is indeed coming in automatic but on January 10th, 2009
Both of us got the information from dealership and both of them say its confirmed, Anyways the news that its coming soon is more important than whether its coming on 8th or 10th. Thats the reason i named the thread 'Coming Soon'.
Old 14th December 2009, 17:33   #23
BHPian

For Middle East, the Cruze comes with a 6 speed AT.
Don't know whether it is paddle shift or tiptronic.
Old 14th December 2009, 17:39   #24
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb10gagan View Post
A "Flappy Paddle" gear-box seems highly unlikely.

what's the use of flappy paddle without a dual clutch gearbox (that shifts within milliseconds)

asking for a such a gearbox on cruze is like equipping an ambassador with ceramic disk brakes.

you can do it, but it will cost you the sky and wont serve much purpose.
Huh??

The Honda City, Honda Civic and the Corolla Altis have tip tronic AT boxes with no DSG.

The City and Civic have flappy paddles whereas the Altis has tip tronic gearlever where you can override the AT and tap the gear lever up and down.

I don't think it is that complex and will not cost as much. It's like a software override. Either the box thinks for itself and shifts or waits for the user to press a button. The button presses have limitations that you cant downshift at high rpm's and you can't upshift at low rpm's.

Nothing complex in it.
Old 14th December 2009, 17:41   #25
BHPian

Excellent news friends. Sooner than I had expected it though. Any idea if they are launching it at the Delhi AutoShow?
Old 14th December 2009, 18:36   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

I think it might come with the same gearbox as the one offered in Captiva, I think because they share the engines they might even share the gearbox as well. Captiva's gearbox is a good one unless compared to the better dual clutch units offered by Skoda and VW.
Old 14th December 2009, 19:49   #27
BHPian

I think it will come in tiptronic as the autobox in Captiva is tiptronic.
Old 14th December 2009, 21:54   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Both of us got the information from dealership and both of them say its confirmed, Anyways the news that its coming soon is more important than whether its coming on 8th or 10th. Thats the reason i named the thread 'Coming Soon'.
Yup, I really cant wait. And its confirmed with paddle shift as thats whats been confirmed by the dealer. Some of you have gone into the technical side of it, i am sorry i cant understand, for me how responsive the car is and how stable it remains is what counts.

About the Laura:- I have a Laura L&K Edition its awesome BUT LTZ will also have its own market separate from the Laura. My dad preferred the Laura and i preferred the Cruze so am pretty sure they wont be killing any of their market.
Understand, Cruze appeals to the sporty aspect and Laura, to class ( atleast it did when we bought it and then they went and completely thrashed the image my releasing cheaper models)

Some problems with Cruze:- For me the clutch was tooo short and i mean tooooo short and heavy. Hence, even 2 lakhs extra will be worth every penny for Mumbai due to the lovely traffic.
Also a MAJOR problem with chevy's:- Out of my 10 years of driving experience i have never had one accident. However, Thanks to the lovely breaking of magnum my record was broken. All chevy's face this problem when you press the break at high speeds they tend to skid and literally glide over the road. This car also faced the same problem but after a few seconds ABS kicks in so its much much better.
Old 15th December 2009, 02:23   #29

Again Team-BHP is correct !! I had gone to a dealer about 40 days ago. Had a chat about the Cruze and asked him about the Auto Version. He plainly said "saaar, it won't come before Mid 2010". I told him that I heard it was Q1 2010. He didn't budge. Well now we know who was correct

as for the auto box, I visited wiki and it confirms that Cruze indeed comes with 6 Gears + Triptronic (GM calls it Active Select). GM bring it on, it will certainly add a few sales as many people were not too happy with the Manual Cruze.

PS : The Sales Guy didn't know any other stuff about Cruze as well. He told me the Car Stops Automatically after 1-2 Kms if ther Key is not nearby.
Old 15th December 2009, 11:08   #30
BANNED

i hope choice of beige and black interiors come in . the grey aint cutting the deal.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks