Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2010, 19:59   #61
BHPian

The chevycruze.in website is not showcasing the AT variant. Neither the pricelist. No commercials too. Is the AT launch a soft launch?

Does anyone has the website of the Kropex dealer in Bangalore? Google didn't return any. The tridentchevrolet.com at least includes AT in the price list at 16.41L (Bangalore). However, the specifications and features pages are empty though. Looks like the site is still under construction.
Old 19th January 2010, 20:08   #62
Team-BHP Support

AT details are not available anywhere. You just need to land up at Kropex.

Kropex India Ltd>>Home
Old 19th January 2010, 20:51   #63
BHPian

When are they launching the petrol Cruze in India? Read reviews on some US websites earlier and they are impressed with its FE and overall performance. That will be the next big thing to look for. I hope they have AT option for petrol variants at the launch itself.
Old 19th January 2010, 21:38   #64
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Though i am sure the Cruze is a scorcher, i don't really think we have the roads to enjoy all that power. Personally, i have and would choose a Laura/Civic over the Cruze because i feel the interiors seem to be from a car of a much lower segment. The center console backlight and the feel of the plastics leave a LOT to be desired. Relatively, the Civic and the facelifted Laura have gorgeous interiors and quality of material.
I personally feel you should get the feel-good factor when you enter your car. Both the Civic and the Laura give more than expected on that front! I have test-driven the Cruze but i don't think i miss all that power when i drive the Laura (city driving). The road ends as soon as you step on the pedal in Laura. The only difference would be the roads would end sooner in the Cruze.
But i am all for A/T boxes. They make city driving a breeze (ok, that was a hyperbole for a city like Bombay).
Old 19th January 2010, 22:10   #65
BHPian

Chennai onroad price for Cruze AT is 15.12lacs
Old 19th January 2010, 22:12   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim_90210 View Post
Went to the showroom today...n saw the Black Automatic cruze. It was the same car that was used in some Apsara awards which happened a few days back. All the bollywood superstarts had given their autograph on the car & the showroom asst.manager informed that they are going to auction the car. Where as the normal curze automatic will go in production mostly by tom. The delivery date given to me was by the end of the month. So waiting anxiously for the car.
Hi Nadim,

Was it ashtavinayak autos in Goregaon? I saw that vehicle there. Even I have booked the car and its expected delivery time is 15th Feb. When did you book it?
I believe the automatic car production has already started, I saw a white automatic on road and as confirmed by the dealer they have already delivered 2 cars. The dealer is reluctant in pre-ordering the car, they are ordering it only once they get the booking amount. It could be because the outflow of this car is not expected to be huge. I agreed to pay them full payment at time of booking, but they still couldn't promise me a faster delivery. Even i am waiting anxiously and counting days when i get my hands on the car.
Interestingly the demo car used for TD had 8 speaker setup, pair of extra oval speakers from Boston were added on the parcel tray and it definitely sounded better than the stock setup.
Old 19th January 2010, 22:22   #67
BHPian

Just weird that the website has no info. Typical GM.

The interiors are really bad quality though. Can't come even somewhat close to the Europeans.
Old 19th January 2010, 22:29   #68
BHPian

I had Paid 14.01 lakhs (on road price) for the manual transmission, but with the problem of white colour from GM's end i had to wait for 2 months & decided to cancel the car & go for the automatic 1 & now the exact difference i have paid is 1.16 lakhs.

I would have gone for the Laura without a doubt but again heard & seen laura after sales service & thats the only reason i didn't opt for it. Can anybody throw some light on the topic Laura Vs Cruze???
Old 20th January 2010, 03:54   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Can anybody throw some light on the topic Laura Vs Cruze???
Zigwheels did that comparison. You can check their website. For fair opinion I would wait for senior TBHPian to answer this question.
Old 20th January 2010, 13:05   #70
BHPian

Look, Skoda's A.S.S has been the talk of the decade here and we have seen several bad experiences posted by our fellow BHPians...
but apart from that.. i think Laura will be a great buy..
- Great interiors
- good built
- fun to drive
- great features

obviously its a good buy over cruze..apart from A.S.S
Old 21st January 2010, 00:06   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhall_gagan View Post
obviously its a good buy over cruze..apart from A.S.S
The reason why I chose Cruze over laura. I liked laura over cruze in every aspect, but i dont want to live with fear that which part of my car is gonna go kaput on me next. Honestly speaking if you don't mind paying crazy amount of money on maintaining a car, then go for Laura else you have other choices available in the market and Cruze is one of them.
The sales person showed me the price list of the frequently used spare parts and let me tell you they were comparable to SX4 spare parts prices.
Always remember, live by the choice you make and don't ever regret it. That's the basic rule of enjoying long lasting relationship with your car!
Old 21st January 2010, 01:00   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by erohit View Post
Zigwheels did that comparison. You can check their website. For fair opinion I would wait for senior TBHPian to answer this question.
Zigwheels picked the Cruze over Laura in all aspects other than rear seat room. Incidentally, they cose Cruze in rear seat comfort due to the better riding suspension.
Old 21st January 2010, 01:07   #73
BHPian

Note from Mod : Please proof-read your post prior to submission, and check for language errors. Also, avoid typing in excessive dots.........like..........this.......It'll make things better for other readers of this forum.

Hi divesh,

Yes it was Ashtavinayak in Goregaon, I had booked a manual variant on 31st October but they didnt deliver it for more then 2 months, so on december 29 i changed my booking to the automatic. Apparntly i was in touch with the main manager Mr.Siddesh out there....n in short a rude usless fellow who did nothing regarding the booking. Then i got in touch with the assistant manager Mr. Vinayak who informed me that i was the first person to get the booking (dont know how true is that) & said by the 26-27th jan he will be in a position to give me the exact date & the delivery is expected by the end of Jan.

The reason i chose Laura over cruze is everday in my office i say my C.A fighting with the skoda service guys over his fabia. He has apparantly return mails to the main office in germany & also preparing to take them to consumer court....His car has been in the service station for over 3 months n within those 3 months his warrenty expired n now Skoda guys are asking him to pay for the parts (Around 48k) which is absurd, also have read few horror stories on this site.

Like Divesh rightly said maintaining a car can be a big headache...i didn't go for the 6 months old BMW 3 series for 18.5 lakhs.

Last edited by GTO : 28th January 2010 at 12:46. Reason: See Mod Note in your post
Old 21st January 2010, 20:05   #74
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote:
..i didn't go for the 6 months old BMW 3 series for 18.5 lakhs.
When? Where? How?

I mean, where was this car for sale? How did you come to know about it? Any pictures available?

OT: I am guessing from your handle that you follow the TV series 90210.

Last edited by Akki_5 : 21st January 2010 at 20:06.
Old 21st January 2010, 21:46   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
H
The reason i chose Laura over cruze is everday in my office i say my C.A fighting with the skoda service guys over his fabia. He has apparantly return mails to the main office in germany & also preparing to take them to consumer court....His car has been in the service station for over 3 months n within those 3 months his warrenty expired n now Skoda guys are asking him to pay for the parts (Around 48k) which is absurd, also have read few horror stories on this site.
is it Fabia 1.4 petrol?
would be interested to know more abou this in a separate thread.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks