Black 143 57.43%
Beige 84 33.73%
Other / dont care 22 8.84%
Voters: 249. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2009, 23:53   #46
Senior - BHPian

Black is it.

It's black all the way for me. Beige may be ok on chauffeur driven luxo barges like Rolls, Bentley but it looks very cheap and flashy on tiny cars like i10/spark. Kinda me-too imitation.

Black cockpit looks so sexy and sporty. Black absorbs light and it makes the cockpit appear more congested, snug-fitting and capsule-like, like the tight confined cockpit of Lambo where you don't walk into but literally lower yourself into like a fighter pilot.

Besides, the three major flaws of beige are
1. it gets stained and soiled.
2. even small quality flaws in surface texture or stitches appear magnified.
3. Beige cockpit ages much fatser than black cockpit and after 2 years it will appear pathetic to look at, no matter how much you chemical-treat/ vacuum clean it.
Old 15th December 2009, 01:14   #47
BHPian

Beige interiors gives better lightness and a bright ambiance.

It helps the cars to be kept cleaner than keeping it as a dust bin.
Old 15th December 2009, 01:48   #48
BHPian

I prefer Black, Beige on premium cars look good but if black is available as an option I will definitely go for black.
Old 15th December 2009, 02:04   #49
BHPian

black interiors- they always give you a sporty feeling, especially if you have black leather interior, combined with brushed aluminium trims! combined with chrome bits!
beige interiors - they light up the cabin and give it an airy feel! also creates an illusion of a bigger cabin.for me personally it does not matter as long as two conditions are met! and i am serious about these two!

1) upper dashboard should be black! so that sun reflection problem us curtailed!
2) the quality of the plastics should be very high! buttons, knobs should be soft touch and long lasting! i don't like grainy hard plastic interiors.

as long as these criteria are met i could go for any of the interior patterns! but i would prerfer beige/black > Grey/black and then black/black!
Old 15th December 2009, 13:36   #50
Senior - BHPian

My Spark is the first beige interior car I have owned and frankly I love it. Also It has not really soiled too much in the last 4 months of my ownership. Its probably because I always put on the AC when driving no matter what. So I will definitely buy a car with beige interiors again.
Old 15th December 2009, 13:51   #51
Senior - BHPian

Beige looks good but difficult to maintain under Indian conditions & it reflects on the windscreen quite annoying why driving on a bright day.
Old 15th December 2009, 14:00   #52
BHPian

depends on the car's interior quality, for example beige interiors in a hyundai or maruti look like crap but in the new skoda superb, laura or even the passat looks very nice, so it depends on the quality of plastics to begin with..
Old 15th December 2009, 14:23   #53
Senior - BHPian

well dual tone interiors would look good and suit most of the needs of lesser reflection on dash with black,dark grey dark brown on dash, beige on other areas, airy cabin with classy feel.Not a fan of complete beige interiors.
Old 15th December 2009, 14:33   #54
Senior - BHPian

Black all the way.

Two simple reasons.
1) The black is way too easier to maintain.
2) The windscreen obstruction is minimal.

I remember that during a test drive of the i-10, the beige dash colour obstructed the view substantially.

So its black is back for me!!
Old 15th December 2009, 16:04   #55
Distinguished - BHPian

I think Grey interiors should also have been included in the poll, though i hate grey interiors. A lot of cars like the new Chevy Cruze come with grey interiors.
Old 15th December 2009, 18:11   #56
lsp
BHPian

I like beige interiors cos they give the airy, upmarket feel but would prefer to buy car with black/gray interiors cos:

1) Easier to maintain. Doesnt look dirty.
2) Minimal reflection on windscreen
3) I prefer to drive with windows open, though its very limited in the city. for me biege interiors would be a strict no-no.
Old 15th December 2009, 18:53   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

Black with Carbon Fibre, Silver accents for a sporty look.
But it really depends on the car. The accord needs some beige, as all black looks too dull.
Old 15th December 2009, 18:56   #58
Senior - BHPian

Grey is the best and easiest to maintain. I still love the grey interior of my previously owned Wagon R.

Black looks good but again dust is visible too prominently.

Beige is upmarket looking but too much of a pain to maintain unless you have dedicated help to regularly take care of the interiors. Obstructs the view on a sunny day if you are driving with the sun on the face, you always get the feeling that there is a sandy beach in front of your eyes (at least I get that wierd feeling).
Old 15th December 2009, 19:14   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
Black with Carbon Fibre, Silver accents for a sporty look.
But it really depends on the car. The accord needs some beige, as all black looks too dull.

But Accord only comes with beige interiors.
Old 15th December 2009, 20:09   #60
BHPian

I prefer black . Dont know how to put it in words but its just better , classier , easier to maintain .Black with silver is good combo . I also hate the fake wodden inserts .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks