Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2010, 11:39   #16
BHPian

I am sorry, but yet again this is an impossible design for practical use. The real car will look nowhere near this.
Old 5th January 2010, 11:40   #17
BHPian

headlight, grille , bonnet,frontbumper really look like the next Swift.

Auto News , Spy shots, Rumors ,Future model ,Review, Buying and Owning guides of car WWW.AUTOTEN.COM
Old 5th January 2010, 11:52   #18
BHPian

Maruti RIII concept

Some more pictures of Maruti RIII concept MPV. Looks cool.
Maruti R III New MPV-marutisuzukir3concept1.jpg

Maruti R III New MPV-marutisuzukir3concept2.jpg

Maruti R III New MPV-marutisuzukir3concept4exterior.jpg
Old 5th January 2010, 11:54   #19
Senior - BHPian

This is kind of a dud for me, nice looking but its a concept nonetheless and looking at the impractical details a couple of years from production.
After all the noise being made i thought a production variant will be displayed but this is just a design study.
Maybe Maruti didn't want to feel left out when the 'Aria' is launched.
Old 5th January 2010, 12:00   #20
Senior - BHPian

interior pictures

Source :Autocar India
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti R III New MPV-untitledcapture3882.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 5th January 2010, 12:06   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ananth_iy View Post
I am sorry, but yet again this is an impossible design for practical use. The real car will look nowhere near this.
The actual model that will be put into production will be very much toned down. It will definitely have a B pillar between the front and rear doors. The doors will open in the conventional way unlike the Rolls Royce type doors shown in the concept. But the body lines will be more or less similar. WRT the interiors, the shape of the dash in the production model would be similar to the concept but it will be looking conventional, not like what we have on the concept. Concepts are meant for designers to show off their design skills. The production model would keep cost of production, market reality, what the competition offers etc in mind before coming out with the final output.
Old 5th January 2010, 12:40   #22
BHPian

On Concept very handsome, looking at the interiors the waterfall concept reflects but have to wait and see how would they look on the on road production vehicle. Though pracically not so possible for on road vehicle, love the futuristic looks of the concept. Hope maruti would fit this in with Scorpios/safaris/innovas segment.
Old 5th January 2010, 12:52   #23
BHPian

Maruti R III New MPV-untitledcapture3740new.jpg

Rlll looks like very compact muv and 3rd row is very cramped.
We know suzuki is known for beautiful concept cars turning into ugly production cars(remember A-star,kizashi).period.

Interiors look excitiong especially that console mounted gear knob.
Please Maruti, make the production variant as close as possible to the concept.
Old 5th January 2010, 13:05   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vulpine101 View Post
Attachment 256918

Rlll looks like very compact muv and 3rd row is very cramped.
We know suzuki is known for beautiful concept cars turning into ugly production cars(remember A-star,kizashi).period.

Interiors look excitiong especially that console mounted gear knob.
Please Maruti, make the production variant as close as possible to the concept.
Yes +1, please bring a production version that is as close to the concept as possible. Looks like Maruti's concepts are for Martians (they look very futuristic), but when it comes to we earthly creatures they make it far from futuristic
Having said that, this looks superb.

Last edited by nurni76 : 5th January 2010 at 13:09.
Old 5th January 2010, 13:08   #25
BHPian

Still a long way from production but it sure does look funky, a honda badge wouldn't be outta place there
Old 5th January 2010, 17:13   #26
Senior - BHPian

The car does look nice, I accept. but Suzuki seems to be forgetting one important marketing lesson which would be one of the first lesson one would encounter in MBA..
Have a target customer in mind before making a product. I do not see any target customer for such car. Is this planned to be an opponent to the innova meaning an alternate for the premium cabbies, in that case it looks cramped and costly.

Other than that I dont think I would appeal to anyone, all one would do it appreciate it looks and get a meaningful car. Sorry Suzuki you earn a thumbs down from my side for this.

I guess its a pure attempt to make sure Suzuki has all kinds of cars in offing. Nothing much can be said about this vehicle.
Old 5th January 2010, 17:18   #27
BHPian

The car looks Swift from the front , back certainly a La Ritz ....

Not sure what the engine setup will be for India . A diesel engine is what we need for India . But not sure if Suzuki has a decent diesel engine setup
Old 5th January 2010, 18:09   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurni76 View Post
Yes +1, please bring a production version that is as close to the concept as possible. Looks like Maruti's concepts are for Martians (they look very futuristic), but when it comes to we earthly creatures they make it far from futuristic
Having said that, this looks superb.
But my man the million dollar question is how much would you pay for a Maruti!!!

This kind of a contraption would cost millions! Does Maruti have a brand name to sell for that much?
Old 5th January 2010, 21:35   #29
BHPian

The actual will be lot different when it comes on roads if A-star and Kizashi concept experiences are anything to go about. Anyways, this design doesnt appear any groundbreaking - too similiar to swift. By the time it takes a real avatar it will another Dzire like design...
Old 5th January 2010, 22:40   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkuz View Post
The actual will be lot different when it comes on roads if A-star and Kizashi concept experiences are anything to go about. Anyways, this design doesnt appear any groundbreaking - too similiar to swift. By the time it takes a real avatar it will another Dzire like design...
IMO Maruti Suzuki did reverse engineering while designing R-III. The production version will look quiet similar to this. Its Vauxhall Meriva, 2010.

While launching R-III Maruti quoted that they took 9 Months to design this concept!!

Look at these pics. From production version to a concept

Source: netcarshow.com
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti R III New MPV-r3.jpg  

Maruti R III New MPV-meriva1.jpg  

Maruti R III New MPV-r32.jpg  

Maruti R III New MPV-meriva3.jpg  

Maruti R III New MPV-meriva2.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks