Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2005, 09:54   #1
BHPian

The best car ads

Guys we are so much intrested in cars?.What about car Ad's?

My favourite is the new safari DICOR...Reclaim your life.The scene where they show the safari taking off is too good.

Before DICOR my fav was Alto ad's ..Let's go ..The new Alto add with that beautiful soundtrack is better than "Lets go".

The worst ad is of the Ford Fusion's and ya maybe the new accent ad.

Last edited by artofzen : 26th August 2005 at 10:00.
artofzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2005, 10:05   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I could buy an Octavia for the Skoda adverts alone! The new series - cars built with love and all that mush - is fantastic.

GTO
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2005, 10:20   #3
Senior - BHPian

I haven't seen most of the ad's mentioned here but I remember the earlier Octavia advert which i really loved.
It showed a guy carrying a old lady down the stairs, a guy carrying his girl friend and all the time the Octavia was shown in the background. The ad had wonderful background music and in the end the caption reads "You need to be well built to carry your loved ones"
BRILLLIANT! I could have bought the Skoda just because of that ad.
Another nice ad was the one for Optra. Specifically the karva chauth ad. Lovely advert with a lovely female model.

Last edited by amit : 26th August 2005 at 10:23.
Old 26th August 2005, 10:30   #4
BHPian

Amit,ya the Optra AD i mentioned was that karva cahauth.I liked Chevy's punch line "For a celebration called life".
Old 26th August 2005, 10:31   #5
Team-BHP Support

The concept behind the Skoda ad's is awesome thinking and just blends with the effect of the cars... Good thinking I must say..!
Old 26th August 2005, 10:52   #6
Senior - BHPian

The Octavia ads are really good. They really make their statement with style. A close second would be the karva chauth Optra ad. Nice way to show the new sunroof added to the car.

Dippy
Old 26th August 2005, 10:57   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

I dont know if you guys remember the old safari ad. A blue safari is shown and there is girl water rafting and is stuck or something so before you know it the guy is in the middle of the river and the shot is taken from the top, followed by heavy guitaring...the music is what did it for this ad.
From the above list i will choose the Optra Ad ..i like the night shot ...2nd would be Skoda(rather sskkoodddaahhhhaaaaaa :P thats how the girl sings it)
Old 26th August 2005, 11:20   #8
BHPian

Just love the Optra ad's music theme. Its tempting!!!
Old 26th August 2005, 11:25   #9
Senior - BHPian

Where's the old Sierra ad with Arjun Rampal??!! I'm not voting for anything except that!

BTW, anyone seen the Avenger ad? Yeah yeah, I know the bike sucks, but the ad is amazing. I feel like... and that lovely bass guitar background score. Come to think of it, Bajaj does some pretty good creative stuff.
Old 26th August 2005, 11:46   #10
Senior - BHPian

Skoda's ad is the only one i liked among these, but the Fusion's ad really seemed stupid.
As v1p3r said the Avenger's ad is really good.
Old 26th August 2005, 11:59   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit
It showed a guy carrying a old lady down the stairs, a guy carrying his girl friend and all the time the Octavia was shown in the background. The ad had wonderful background music and in the end the caption reads "You need to be well built to carry your loved ones"
yeah that one was really good and the new ones even better with all the people kissing.skoda adds are just like their cars !!! really good.made me want to get one just because of the add

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil
I dont know if you guys remember the old safari ad. A blue safari is shown and there is girl water rafting and is stuck or something so before you know it the guy is in the middle of the river and the shot is taken from the top, followed by heavy guitaring...the music is what did it for this ad.

yeah i remember this one i just loved that beat.whenever it used to come i used to blast the volume just to hear that beat.
that add showed the amazing off road capability of the safari.

Rev
Old 26th August 2005, 12:01   #12
Team-BHP Support

Ok, this one is an old Ad, may be 12-15 years old. I am not sure whether it was Tata Sierra or Estate.

A guy in a suit comes towards the car and starts talking about the car to the viewer. He keeps his sun glasses on the top the car while opening the door and they show him driving it around, parks in front of a great looking house. All the while he is talking to the viewer about the features of the car. Then he gets out car, and picks up the sunglasses from the top of the car (great ride quality I guess). And that's not the punchline.

Then he glances at the house entrance, reaches into the car, pulls out and wears his Chauffeur hat and opens the passenger door for his boss...
Old 26th August 2005, 12:20   #13
BHPian

Samurai, I clearly remember that ad. It was Roshan Seth who did that part for Tata Estate.
Old 26th August 2005, 13:02   #14
Senior - BHPian

Punchline was : "Kaa kare, ab duty pe jaana hai!"

That was arguably the best ever car Advt. Yes, Roshan Seth (Played Nehru in "Bharat:ek khoj") for Tata Estate.
RX135 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th August 2005, 13:20   #15
Senior - BHPian

Yeah even I loved that Sierra ad. Really good!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks