Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2006, 22:25   #121
Senior - BHPian

My favourite old Safari AD. Been searching for this for a while now - found it on Tata Club Italia while searching for mods.
Old Safari Ad
Old 20th June 2006, 23:25   #122
BHPian

Alto " Boondo Mein Jane Kya"- Shubha Mudgal's enchanting voice gave magic to this Ad..! The Freshness can be Felt..!

Safari Dicor comes a close second- As you can feel the spirit of the Wild horse..a powerful machine...! Very Very Stunning...!

Skoda- Very family oriented Ad..Makes you feel safe and well protected in a Skoda Machine...!

Fusion Ad- We're going to the Loo...! Waste of creativity..!

Optra- Previous Ad was good- the new one is too DINK( Double Income No Kids) Couple setup...!Makes you feel nothing so great about a Optra...!

Infact I still love the TATA Indica Ad- Where the Guy gets Punched each time he lies...! Was amazing piece of creativity...!

If you do consider The Mitsubishi Car Line Up ad which used to play " Its My Life " and people Thumping there Chests with Pride..It was a very Inspiring and Trust worthy Ad..Showed all categories of people and cars...!

Scorpio Ad's are a class in its own- Nothing else even compares to it..Maybe India's Best concieved Ad campeign...!

Last edited by wolfinstein : 20th June 2006 at 23:32.
Old 21st June 2006, 03:54   #123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfinstein
Scorpio Ad's are a class in its own- Nothing else even compares to it..Maybe India's Best concieved Ad campeign...!
And the worst concieved automobile.
Old 21st June 2006, 07:52   #124
BHPian

New swift ad

The new swift ad is definitely an improvement over the old ones.(football playing swift...)

Wonder why they showed a left-hand drive Swift in those ads. Nice moves, but still doesnt show enough justice to the cornering ability and general sportiness.

If a Tata TL could look so damn good, why not the Swift? They should make a Swift ad which pits it against a high-powered bike. You know, racing through crowded galis and twists. Cutting & weaving through heavy traffic. Dont these admakers see any car movies ? It's time to stop focussing on the curves and chrome;show us a few tricks.
Old 21st June 2006, 11:47   #125
BHPian

Iragahava- Whats the reason for such a bad view..I've driven a scorpio..loved the handling and ride..except for the rear seats space factor...I really din't notice something so bad...!
Old 21st June 2006, 12:23   #126
Senior - BHPian

One of the best Ads for me has to be "Takes the Rough with the Smooth"

Did a lot for the first lifestyle vehicle built in India even with the shortcoming of being only RWD.
Old 21st June 2006, 15:32   #127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfinstein
Iragahava- Whats the reason for such a bad view..I've driven a scorpio..loved the handling and ride..except for the rear seats space factor...I really din't notice something so bad...!
I have driven Scorpio's of all generation bar the recent one and my bad views come from the following factors - Poor Quality, Lack of R&D, Dodgy handling & dynamics.

My very close friend bought a first generation Scorpio 15 days after it was launched and I went to take delivery of it and guess what after keeping us waiting for the whole day for the delivery on account of PDI this that etc. the car broke down after travelling only 1km. from the dealership. Since it was evening rush hour it took the mechanics 1 whole hour to reach us and they started her up again. Then in the space of the next 15kms. it broke down 6 times. That means 7 breakdowns in the first 3 hours of a NEW vehicle. They came down next day and took the car away and replaced the fuel pump, gas tank etc. etc. But random issues kept cropping up regularly and by the time she was sold she had a new gearbox, clutch etc. etc. all under warranty.

Now after a while I drove this car and was pushing it with 7 people onboard and guess what while taking a fast curve the back end stepped out and as I tried to catch it she went into a tank slapper. Now imagine you with 7 people onboard and a fish tailing Scorpio - believe me its not a funny sight.

I was never impressed with the product due to the following factors - High Centre of Gravity due to narrow track, Nervous high speed handling and lack of stability, NVH especially in the first two generations even if compared to the Qualis was horrible (and I am not even comparing the Innova here) and crude powerplant. The interiors well all I can say is that the less said about them the better.

The latest generation I have heard is much improved but I haven't tried it yet so will reserve my decision on that.
Old 22nd June 2006, 02:09   #128
Senior - BHPian

Anyone remember the Ford Ikon advt where a depressed patient goes to a counsellor and says he doesn't like anything nowadays. The doctor makes him sit in a ford ikon, starts to drive it and as he goes faster and faster and corners the car the patient comes out of his depression.

And how about the Zen advt. This guy is sitting in his office, picks up the keys and tells his secretary that he is going home. He goes out, drives the zen, goes all over the countryside and then they show him coming to the same place from where he started. He goes to the ground floor, rings the bell and we realise that his office and home are in the same building. I think the punchline was the zen makes you take the long way home or something.

And lastly, another member has posted the cielo automatic "he says I just want to hold your hand....................liar!" advt as among the worst but I think it was brilliant!

Last edited by amit : 22nd June 2006 at 02:10.
Old 29th July 2006, 00:04   #129
BHPian

here are two of my all time favourites. Dont forget to turn on the speakers.

Bajaj - 1989

Bajaj - circa 2000
Old 31st July 2006, 15:16   #130
BHPian

DId U guys check out the curves on the Babe in the Indigo Marina ad? That, my friends, is a weapons of mass destruction!
Old 19th August 2006, 15:01   #131
BHPian

I was in London recently and saw the Honda Automobile Ad. there..
That AD was rocking, also d New Mazda Rx-8 Ads..
Old 19th August 2006, 17:48   #132
BHPian

My fav amongst the ads in india are the SKoda and second wud be the Safari Dicor ( i luv the background music!)

But the bapp of all tv Ads for cars wud be the Peugot 306! its a mind blowing ad, and i will try to search a link for it, or post the video here for u all. its a must see, i have never seen a better car ad!
Old 19th August 2006, 18:09   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Devil

But the bapp of all tv Ads for cars wud be the Peugot 306! its a mind blowing ad, and i will try to search a link for it, or post the video here for u all. its a must see, i have never seen a better car ad!
Would you be by any chance referring to this ad?
Old 19th August 2006, 18:30   #134
Senior - BHPian

I Have Voted For Safari DICOR's Ad.

Cheers,
Mugen_Power.
Old 14th November 2006, 14:18   #135
Team-BHP Support

Cud anyone post a link to the Ikon's Josh machine ad... the one when it was launched....

Regards,
Benny.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks