Old 19th November 2010, 00:03   #271
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
This is the Tata Indica Vista ad that we all have seen a million times:

And this is the Hyundai Sonata Turbo ad that's being aired in the US:

Is this mere coincidence?
Once a thief, always a thief!

BTW, did anyone notice in the new Tata Manza ad that when the car's tail takes spin to the right, the 'chauffeur at the backseat' moves to the left?

Last edited by romeomidhun : 19th November 2010 at 00:06.
Old 19th November 2010, 01:44   #272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
I'd vote for

1. the Honda Accord ad.. where each part of the car was used in a choreography.. beautiful!
I agree to that. Its among the classiest ads ever. How each part trickles down to form the complete car. The first time I saw this ad, I was actually glued to it! I normally hate ads as they are menace (especially between overs during a cricket match or a movie!)
Apart from this ad, i also like the Mercedes Benz S Class ad, the one with the "List" concept. Gets the message right!
Sorry, but I have to include one more - For some reason, I know i will be the only person for it - The Bolero ad. I love the song! It is foot tapping!

Last edited by theMAG : 27th November 2010 at 11:27.
Old 19th November 2010, 02:38   #273
BHPian

well the choice for poll is limited, but i loved Linea whistle adv, then Safari - reclaim your life. The new Indica Vista. The Maruti mileage ad.
Old 26th November 2010, 19:20   #274
GTO
Team-BHP Support

The new Beetle ad. I can understand the car is anyways targeted at the HNIs (as a 2nd / 3rd / 4th car of the house), but a silly message no? Which car have you ever seen been marketed as the perfect wedding gift?

The best car ads-ad1.jpg
Old 26th November 2010, 20:05   #275
Senior - BHPian

^^^
IMHO this is the worst ad i have seen. what nonsense is this. in this anti-dowry world VW is hinting for a gift, that too a marriage gift
Old 27th November 2010, 14:32   #276
BHPian

I absolutely love the Chevrolet Cruze ad "Diesel Rocket" - the one with the lion's roar in the background. Short, but some statement!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
The new Beetle ad. I can understand the car is anyways targeted at the HNIs (as a 2nd / 3rd / 4th car of the house), but a silly message no? Which car have you ever seen been marketed as the perfect wedding gift?

Attachment 459655
. Talk about inappropriate! Maybe their ad agency isn't doing too good a job of telling them about Indian social sentiment!

Last edited by aah78 : 27th November 2010 at 21:14. Reason: Posts merged.
Old 29th November 2010, 08:52   #277
Team-BHP Support

came across this ad.. quite something!

Old 29th November 2010, 09:49   #278
BANNED

I saw an ad on Sunday during the Ind-NZ ODI. The ad got cut before the end because the next over had started - so couldn't find out what it was advertising.

A man & his wife are worried about something - they are talking amongst themselves & saying that this is the first time she has been out so late. Then a car arrives (I think it was an Ambassador - but not sure) & a girl comes out. The father rushes out & the girl smiles & thinks father is coming to greet her. But father goes past her towards the car - the ad got cut at this point. Anyone knows what ad this was?
Old 29th November 2010, 12:16   #279
BHPian

Don't know if this has been mentioned or not, but the Chevy Beat "HeartBeat" ad is cute and should be in here. Also a nice one is the Honda Jazz ad with kids dancing, the why so serious one...
Old 29th November 2010, 12:26   #280
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
I saw an ad on Sunday during the Ind-NZ ODI. The ad got cut before the end because the next over had started - so couldn't find out what it was advertising.

A man & his wife are worried about something - they are talking amongst themselves & saying that this is the first time she has been out so late. Then a car arrives (I think it was an Ambassador - but not sure) & a girl comes out. The father rushes out & the girl smiles & thinks father is coming to greet her. But father goes past her towards the car - the ad got cut at this point. Anyone knows what ad this was?
Its a beetle, thats the "she" they were talking about. The advert is for HP Petrol bunk and service.
Old 29th November 2010, 20:41   #281
BHPian

This one is my favorite Safari(petrol version) commercial from the earlier part of this decade.

Old 4th December 2010, 23:07   #282
BHPian

Tata Aria Adv. Why not use a Safari and Manza?

I just saw the Tata Aria ad on the telly. Pretty nice ad I must say. But then something just hit me. About the 2 vehicles they show colliding, why do they not show the Safari and the Manza. Both vehicles are known for the comfort and other attributes. Why did they need to select a Chrysler (the sedan, I think) and the Jeep Cherokee?
Would like to open this topic for debate.

Mods: I searched but could not come up with the relevant thread. Please feel free to merge/delete as required.

Last edited by rideon : 4th December 2010 at 23:08.
Old 4th December 2010, 23:15   #283
Senior - BHPian

Because they don't want to lose out on sales of Safari and Manza.
Old 4th December 2010, 23:18   #284
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rideon View Post
I just saw the Tata Aria ad on the telly. Pretty nice ad I must say. But then something just hit me. About the 2 vehicles they show colliding, why do they not show the Safari and the Manza. Both vehicles are known for the comfort and other attributes. Why did they need to select a Chrysler (the sedan, I think) and the Jeep Cherokee?
Would like to open this topic for debate.

Mods: I searched but could not come up with the relevant thread. Please feel free to merge/delete as required.
Looks like you have not SEEN and HEARD the full Ad.

Its very evident what message TATA's wanted to convey.

" The FINESSE of a SEDAN and the MUSCLE of an SUV"

And why not SAFARI and Manza......? Why would they kill their own product in their own ad.

Since their other products sell well.

Last edited by PAVAN KADAM : 4th December 2010 at 23:20.
Old 5th December 2010, 12:23   #285
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Looks like you have not SEEN and HEARD the full Ad.

Its very evident what message TATA's wanted to convey.

" The FINESSE of a SEDAN and the MUSCLE of an SUV"

And why not SAFARI and Manza......? Why would they kill their own product in their own ad.

Since their other products sell well.
Agreed it said "Finesse" and "Muscle". Aria is in a totally different segment. How would it kill the Manza and Safari? All 3 in 3 different categories. The only thing that might not fit as per me is the "Finesse" and "Muscle" part! Adding it in the ad might have boosted their sales with people who want the "Finesse or Muscle" but do not have the "Moolah" for the amalgamated product!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks