Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2010, 01:51   #46
BHPian

The grills on the Mahindras increasingly remind me of the mask on Anthony Hopkins in the Silence of the Lambs..
Old 8th January 2010, 09:38   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
If you look closely that is a 2 stroke, 125 cc MotoGP bike with absolute slicks on rear.
I am not sure whether its a 2 stroke. I could be wrong but The exhaust looks like that of a 4 stroke. it could be running a 4 stroke.
Old 8th January 2010, 09:58   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
The Thar is quite an awesome looker indeed. Right after the Classic, this is the one they should go with. What was so customized about the Xylo? Was it the same one as showcased at the performance show in Mumbai late last year?
Nothing much. I don't know about the performance show in Mumbai.

If you watch closely the grill has a mesh. Bumper hangs also.

Just wanted to see how the rear and sides look. The white Xylo is a limited edition, only 1000 are made.
Old 8th January 2010, 10:39   #49
BHPian

like most who have mentioned here regarding the looks of mahindra vehicles, i too seriously feel mahindra has to get real good designer,to change the looks of the vehicles, even the thar,with 4 bucket seats????it really looks funny,and please,i dont want to talk about the rear lights of the thar, which reminds me of signal lights.i been using mahindra vehicles for 16 years now, workmanship is still great,but the looks department is all thumbs down.
Old 8th January 2010, 10:42   #50
Senior - BHPian

The production ready Thar is not going to look like the one in the Auto Expo. Its plain Jane.
Old 8th January 2010, 10:57   #51
BHPian

Count me in for the Thar
Old 8th January 2010, 11:19   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by desigNation View Post
like most who have mentioned here regarding the looks of mahindra vehicles, i too seriously feel mahindra has to get real good designer,to change the looks of the vehicles, even the thar,with 4 bucket seats????it really looks funny,and please,i dont want to talk about the rear lights of the thar, which reminds me of signal lights.i been using mahindra vehicles for 16 years now, workmanship is still great,but the looks department is all thumbs down.
please guys dont go by the Thar Adventure standing in the autoexpo, thats just a show case vehicle and not the actual THAR!

'our' THAR is not going to have 4 bucket seats and not even those signal lights at the rear.

its going to be an no frill, proper 4WD offroad vehicle. just like in this photo.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra at the Auto Expo 2010-img_2048.jpg  

Old 8th January 2010, 11:26   #53
BHPian

the truck reminds me about the gio! tata trucks look way better!
Old 8th January 2010, 11:33   #54
BHPian

Good pictures GTO, the Adventure looks similar to Classic. Mahindra classic is currently not in market. Is Adventure available in India? Looks to be Left Hand Drive.
Old 8th January 2010, 12:53   #55
Senior - BHPian

Post no. 3 has been updated with more information on the features and specs of the Navistar range of Trucks
Old 8th January 2010, 13:41   #56
BHPian

The trucks are a total let down in comparison to the tata prima. The bus defenitely will need to go to the wierd and whacky thread, with its ugly bugs bunny toothed grille. But the Thar, thats one hell of a looker. Mahindra you have a golden goose in your hands so get this launched in India quick but save us the yucky mods on the adventure, no one needs them, so just give us the bare essential one.
Old 8th January 2010, 14:15   #57
BHPian

Hi Parm,

The "'our' THAR" is very interesting phrase. The greedy juices are flowing.

Souvik
Old 8th January 2010, 14:45   #58
BHPian

Found these pics of the Mahindra Scorpio Special Edition and it does look stunning:

Note from Team-BHP Support : Please note that it is imperative for you to upload pictures directly to the Team-BHP Server. Click here (Uploading photographs directly to Team-BHP) to view our simple help article on uploading pictures. Thanks.

Last edited by Rehaan : 11th January 2010 at 01:09. Reason: Please see the note that has been put at the end of your post by the Support Team.
Old 8th January 2010, 14:46   #59
BHPian

on the bus: It solves the mystery of why the Myan's went extinct.

on the trucks: I seem not to care on the looks as long as they don't kill me. I am probably the only one who doesn't think they are that ugly. I mean they are better than the Gio. Maybe the 3rd times the charm for Mahindra. Lets see what comes the next/3rd time. Rabbits are known to have a short life span.

On the Thar: I hope they release it soon, any Idea on how much it is likely to cost? Must start saving up.
Old 8th January 2010, 15:06   #60
BHPian

parm-good to know the real thar is not like whats been shown in the expo,thanx dude.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks