Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2010, 12:34   #31
BHPian

Got the ECU cover fixed

Got the ECU cover fixed for free during my last free servicing at Modi Hyundai - Thane. The Service advisor did not know about it initially when asked. But he got it confirmed from somewhere and had it fixed.
Thanks to this forum, I knew what to ask.

Regards,
Manish
Old 16th April 2010, 15:45   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishw View Post
Got the ECU cover fixed for free during my last free servicing at Modi Hyundai - Thane. The Service advisor did not know about it initially when asked. But he got it confirmed from somewhere and had it fixed.
Thanks to this forum, I knew what to ask.

Regards,
Manish
Can you please tell me what to ask? Can you provide the specific part number? My car's nearing the 10,000 mark and will be due for service in a few days. Need to get this done at the same time. This will make it easier.
Old 23rd April 2010, 18:55   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
Can you please tell me what to ask? Can you provide the specific part number? My car's nearing the 10,000 mark and will be due for service in a few days. Need to get this done at the same time. This will make it easier.
Yes, I too did it during my last free servicing. I don't know the part number, but just tell the servicer advisor that you need the cover for the ECU cable. You can see the picture of the ECU in the initial pages of this thread.

Regards,
Manish
Old 23rd April 2010, 19:59   #34
BHPian

Just got back from my first service, but i hadn't read this thread earlier.
Though i did get a squeaky engine today after getting some PU coating done in the engine bay. He said anti-rust, but i didn't care enough about that aspect; saw another car with it & i just had to HAVE my engine looking the same
Now i'm wondering if it'll protect the ECU to any degree.

To reiterate what everyone else has been saying - Part number
Old 23rd April 2010, 22:18   #35
BHPian

With reference to the post in my ownership thread:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1615568-post20.html
HMP Mathura Rd added the ECU cover during servicing of my Verna in December last year.

I think many of you guys missed the thread. I had also posted the pics of the cover.

Nonetheless, thanks TSK for creating a new thread for the benefit of fellow BHPians.

Quote:
To reiterate what everyone else has been saying - Part number
AFAIR, there was'nt any part no mentioned in the bill. Just a mention of ECU cover.

Last edited by live2drive : 23rd April 2010 at 22:19. Reason: typo
Old 24th April 2010, 18:45   #36
BHPian

Any software problems? (Keyless locking not blinking lights)

Had unrelated question about problem with keyless locking; re-posted in another thread.

Last edited by vishwas : 24th April 2010 at 18:54. Reason: different i20 issue
Old 24th April 2010, 23:17   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by live2drive View Post
Nonetheless, thanks TSK for creating a new thread for the benefit of fellow BHPians.
You're welcome live2drive.

By the way, can any recent owner comment whether the ECU Cover is coming factory fitted or not?
Old 3rd May 2010, 17:38   #38
BHPian

Hi, i just came across this thread and am new to this rubber cover and 40+ auto lock feature some guys have been talking about.
Can someone please write about the 40+ auto lock thing and how to get it done. first of all what is that everyone is talking abuot. secondly i got my i20 asta crdi in sept' 09 and don't see any cover similar to one shown in pics here and my dealer knows nothing about it. what to do?
Old 3rd May 2010, 23:56   #39
Senior - BHPian

Dragstar, ask the service center guys to connect GScan to your car and activate the autolock. When the car's speed touches 40km/h, the doors automatically lock. Ask BHPian Wildon for more as he's the Doctor of i20's here.

For the cover, ask the service center.
Old 4th May 2010, 09:54   #40
BHPian

hey guys got an i20 in my family a week ago which makes it 3 i20s in my family. the car does not come with the cover!
Old 4th May 2010, 10:24   #41
BHPian

Same here, got the i20 last week and it has no cover.was actually was wondering how they could leave this critical part open. Infact the small tray/cup by the side had water filled!! (maybe while cleaning the engine bay).

Will get the cover fixed during next visit to service station
Old 5th May 2010, 22:30   #42
Senior - BHPian

If the new cars are coming without covers then chances are that the problem must have been corrected. A design change is a possibility rather than installing those easily removable rubber covers which look weird too.
Old 9th June 2010, 22:43   #43
Senior - BHPian

If it matters...

Attn i20 owners! Hyundai's installing a Rubber Cover to protect the main ECU Cable-photo0691.jpg

Attn i20 owners! Hyundai's installing a Rubber Cover to protect the main ECU Cable-photo0692.jpg

Installation not very neat, but it'll get the job done. I basically said look my friend, I've been a customer for long, and I've had enough of this delaying and waiting for approvals. I want that cover whether it's going to get approval or not, and that too BEFORE the rains. Said it nicely and courteously of course, but I got the point across and finally it got done.
Old 12th June 2010, 17:02   #44
BHPian

ECU Cover

My Service Center (Asset Hyundai) is yet to hear about this -- have asked them to check with whoever they need to and get back.

Just wondering - should I check with other Hyundai Service centers in Mumbai or wait for my guy to check & get it done with him? What do you recommend?
Old 13th June 2010, 04:30   #45
Senior - BHPian

As of now we have reports of Modi Hyundai (Thane) and HMP (my example) having done it. Take your pick.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks