Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2005, 19:44   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
Mods

We now have 3 threads running in parallel on this topic - one each started by v_s_natarajan,pranil and hasopi, and the originator of this latest thread has been involved in the other 2 as well.

As such this latest post doesnt contain anything radically different. SUggest that the three threads are combined, or this latest one deleted.

yes a good idea.
Old 22nd September 2005, 22:22   #62
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Thanks Steeroid. Also, do use the "Report this post to the Moderator" to bring anything to our notice.

Threads merged.

GTO
Old 23rd September 2005, 10:21   #63
BANNED

I was just wondering how the prominent Anti-Fiat stance by the eminent persons here would evolve? Will it become Anti-FIAt & Anti FIAT together?

I would love to see how those critics of FIAT who used to post baseless rumours like FIAT goin to shut down etc would react to this alliance? Does they still see this a bad omen for FIAT & TATA?
Old 23rd September 2005, 10:34   #64
Senior - BHPian

tata is not going to make or sell any Fiat cars in india.acc to to the report hasopi has posted tata will help fiat establish its ranjangaon facality(which has no equipment) and help them in marketing of fiat products.this will help fiat to bring its new cars like Idea,punto and panda(hence they have given a 1-year time period for new vehicles,they want the ranjangaon plant running).

in return for this tata will get Fiat tech and dealership support in EU.

BTW putting in a better engine does not make a better car.tata is still way of the mark in getting to international levels looking at what they have done in the new safari.it looks horrible,even the 10 year old sierra looks better.

Last edited by merve_extreme : 23rd September 2005 at 10:36.
Old 23rd September 2005, 10:43   #65
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

I would love to see how those critics of FIAT who used to post baseless rumours like FIAT goin to shut down etc would react to this alliance? Does they still see this a bad omen for FIAT & TATA?
I think that you need to watch your tone. There was NOTHING baseless about the questioning of Fiats future in India. Step back in time and realise that you cant argue with numbers : No sales, no brand, no dealerships etc. etc.

In the business world, until things are confirmed....the future is anybodys guess - This is what you are taught in Business 101. At the time of posting, all indications were clear that Fiat is going to shut shop and leave India.

There is a significant difference between "trying" to exist and that actually becoming a reality.

GTO
Old 23rd September 2005, 10:51   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hasopi
I was just wondering how the prominent Anti-Fiat stance by the eminent persons here would evolve? Will it become Anti-FIAt & Anti FIAT together?

If you HAVE to make insinuations, make it direct. Dont hide behind ambiguity.

Finally, I really wonder why the mods show patience with the kind of behaviour that you have exhibited when others have been banned for less. And you continue to push the limits...
Old 23rd September 2005, 10:54   #67
Senior - BHPian

There is no such thing as Anti-FIAT in here. It is nothing but imagination. You see, we are all petrol-heads and that is why we are all here. A car-lover will never want to see a car-maker winding up its operations. It is like an avid moviebuff praying for the demolition of all movie-houses in his nighborhood.

Buttt, Fiat India fans are making other people angry and frustrated just like Al Quaida and its leaders are making people angry.

- Fiat India requires the trash can-maker named Tata for surviving 2005.
- In 2015, Tata will be surviving, thriving and will be selling far better cars than any car that Fiat can offer at that time.

Last edited by sandeepmdas : 23rd September 2005 at 10:57.
Old 23rd September 2005, 11:03   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmdas
Buttt, Fiat India fans are making other people angry and frustrated just like Al Quaida and its leaders are making people angry.

- In 2015, Tata will be surviving, thriving and will be selling far better cars than any car that Fiat can offer at that time.
Hey hey Sandeep. Cool down. Let's put this all behind us now.
Old 23rd September 2005, 11:18   #69
BHPian

Quote:
why go to 2015 for that
you can see that right now!!!
this from a person who has been a outright fiat fan
Old 23rd September 2005, 11:21   #70
BHPian

pointless

I put this as a thread for the simple reason that two great Auto companies are coming together and what common good can come out of it for the Indian Customers.

As an Impartial participant in this forum, i see two things.

1.0 people who are obsessed with the FIAT name.
2.0 people alos simply write trite things about FIAT.

I guess we need to avoid both.

We are here to share our experiences as owners of cars-manufactured by different companies and get useful first hand experiences and also get to know about great cars/vehicles owned by the members.

Period.

I think as steriod said, it is better to close this thread.

Last edited by v_s_natarajan : 23rd September 2005 at 11:22. Reason: spelling
Old 23rd September 2005, 11:33   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmdas. who? hey thats me man!
Correction guys, Please read it as SOME/FEW/A COUPLE OF Fiat India fans....

hasopi, i am not flaming you.....

Last edited by sandeepmdas : 23rd September 2005 at 11:41.
Old 23rd September 2005, 11:43   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
When i read this post, i was really laughing... I mean, whatever gives you the authority to call Tata a trash can maker.... !!!
Old 23rd September 2005, 11:46   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay
When i read this post, i was really laughing... I mean, whatever gives you the authority to call Tata a trash can maker.... !!!
I think he was being sarcastic. So it is all good.
Old 23rd September 2005, 11:49   #74
BHPian

I could see some people are really anti-FIAT for no reason. And they just bash Palio. I am not a FIAT salesman. But it is irritating to see someone passing some irrelavent comment about palio's mileage etc. Some one went to level and passed a comment Palio engines are not refined ones. Hmmm..I really know what make them to speak like this. For some, touching 100 in 2nd gear to enough to say that car is best in India and please uprade to it.

FIAT survival and success in good for India. If Palio and Petra are great success we would have seen Getz with 1.5l engine long back and also Maruthi cars atleast with clear lens.
Old 23rd September 2005, 12:02   #75
Senior - BHPian

Ajay, read the thread from the beginning and you will understand.

I am not a fool to call Tata cars trashcan in a realistic sense, for I own a DLS V2....
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks