Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2010, 13:03   #61
Senior - BHPian

Euro IV deadlines were notified many years back, and the technical specs even earlier. Strange that some European car makers were still selling Euro III compliant cars till March. I can understand Euro III compliant cars being launched in the early-2000s, but late-2000s is too much to digest. That means that the engine was developed sometime in the late-1990s/early-2000s.
Old 9th April 2010, 13:28   #62
BHPian

What will happen to existing cars, will I get FC on OHC.
I was more interested in Tractors, Garbage trucks, autos, police vans, jeeps and police buses, even military trucks, will they continue to pollute.
I think its just a deal between Car manufacturers and Govt to suck more blood from car buyers. BS4 will not change the scene, untill existing vehicles also come under some norms
Old 12th April 2010, 15:19   #63
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
A 2001 car will have only 6 years of FC left. Will the FC be renewed or not? The answer to that may affect the resale.
Intriguing question, an answer to which I'd love to know.

My guess : Yes, the RTO will issue a fresh fitness certificate once the car is 15 years old. Simply because, even in a BS-III world, we saw 1990 cars with renewed FCs without a problem.
Old 12th April 2010, 15:45   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Intriguing question, an answer to which I'd love to know.

My guess : Yes, the RTO will issue a fresh fitness certificate once the car is 15 years old. Simply because, even in a BS-III world, we saw 1990 cars with renewed FCs without a problem.
Yes, but need to pay additional green tax(as per current norms) after the fifteenth year, but it also depends on the future government policy.
Old 12th April 2010, 15:53   #65
Senior - BHPian

New alto registration!

Dear BHPians,

Today I saw something very surprising. In our housing complex, a brand new Alto has arrived! It is definitely registered in the past couple of days, in the MH 02 series.

I wonder how this is possible.
Old 12th April 2010, 17:22   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cLJ View Post
Ambassador! this means government babus will have to opt for other cars, may be some of the modern sedans (more expenses to the government?).

CLJ
CLJ, I am sure, they would had thought of this as the only way to phase out ambassador so that they can raise quotations for newer & costlier wheels
Old 12th April 2010, 17:33   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post
Why is Getz in the picture as I believe the production was discontinued way back in Summer '09. Correct me if I'm wrong.
You are right tsk, Getz has been discontinued and should not had been in the list

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
Believe me, there are people willing to wait that long rather than buy some other car!
If they can wait for Swift's ugly aunt [DZIRE] for 3 months! , alto is much better looking in its segment

Quote:
May be MSIL will try to fire up the A-Star sales during this oppurtunity. Any discounts going for that model?
Great thought and probably bang on.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks