Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2010, 08:31   #151
PCS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
Alto is quickly losing market share and the i10 is breathing down Alto's neck. See the sales figures for April 2010. Soon Alto is going to lose the No 1 spot on sales.

The dealers' way of milking the Alto owners during services would also speed this up.

A couple of months back, I was made poorer by Rs 6500 during the fourth service (on completion of 2 years - first paid service) where there were no complaints, but the regular 20000 km paid service. The dealer, Popular vehicles and services finds many a ways to bill. There are charges for oil changing and also for flushing with a flushing oil which costs much more than the real oil; for engine as well as for gear box.

NO WAY RAJEEV. ALTO WILL NOT LOSE ITS TOP POSITION TO I10

IF YOU NEED APRIL FIGURES FOR BOTH THEN HERE IS IT

ALTO = 19168
I10= 12134
Old 6th May 2010, 10:49   #152
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbender View Post
Don't see this post as Maruti bashing one. I am just analyzing the market for you. If maruti holds on to 35-40% 2 years from now I would commend them for it. But I don't see that happening. Well, monopoly is never good. Ideally I would like to see no company having more than 25% in the indian market.
Point taken. What I meant to say is that Maruti is where they are today because, for the common man, their products tick the maximum number of right boxes. No one is stopping the competition from bringing out a similar product. We have a decent alternative in all segments where Maruti is selling except maybe for the Omni.

I for one would love to see Maruti's market share come down to around 15%. Monopoly is not good. Waiting periods should become a thing of the past.
Old 6th May 2010, 11:39   #153
BHPian

[quote=rajeev k;1871768]Alto is quickly losing market share and the i10 is breathing down Alto's neck. See the sales figures for April 2010. Soon Alto is going to lose the No 1 spot on sales.

The dealers' way of milking the Alto owners during services would also speed this up.

The dealers find out ways & means to raise the bill to Rs. 1000 at least, even cleaning & wash costs Rs.400, and Rs.250 is what people pay to car wala for the whole month including interior. My second service cost me close to Rs.2000 with engine oil change, coolant flush, and other thingummies. Alto is not that economical to maintain today as the 800 was in its heydays. I can't help but think how can an Innova and an Alto get serviced with a similar amount of money.
Old 6th May 2010, 11:56   #154
Senior - BHPian

IMO the low volume sales of the Alto model in March was the much awaited introduction of New Alto in April. People were waiting for the New model well in advance. I myself witnessed some prospective buyers who were inquiring about the launch date of New model, when i took the delivery of mine.
Now its been close to a month the Alto Refreshed was launched, the car did not worked out for everyone. Although some were very impressed with its new digital meter, mileage figures, tubeless radials etc people like us who wanted something better than the outgoing one were in dilemma as to buy it or not. Being the replacement model of 800 it has been positioned as an entry level car so now the market share of 800 will also be enjoyed by alto. It is, and will manage to sell in large numbers and will be India's top selling A segment car till some serious competition arrives from Hyundai, Chevrolet etc.
Old 6th May 2010, 11:58   #155
Senior - BHPian

[quote=JustCause;1872095]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
Alto is quickly losing market share and the i10 is breathing down Alto's neck. See the sales figures for April 2010. Soon Alto is going to lose the No 1 spot on sales.

The dealers find out ways & means to raise the bill to Rs. 1000 at least, even cleaning & wash costs Rs.400, and Rs.250 is what people pay to car wala for the whole month including interior. My second service cost me close to Rs.2000 with engine oil change, coolant flush, and other thingummies. Alto is not that economical to maintain today as the 800 was in its heydays. I can't help but think how can an Innova and an Alto get serviced with a similar amount of money.
Very true sir. But don't you think that this review should belong to this thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ew-owners.html
Old 7th May 2010, 11:02   #156
Senior - BHPian

I just heard from a friend who's about to take delivery of the new Alto that deliveries are being put on hold. My friend was told by his cousin working in the dealership that Maruti have identified something wrong with the fuel pump of the new Alto, and deliveries are to be made only after Maruti's team check the vehicles.

He's on his way to the dealership now.
Old 7th May 2010, 23:58   #157
Senior - BHPian

Sorry I meant March figures wher the difference between Alto and i10 was a thin 1100.
Old 11th May 2010, 14:31   #158
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
I just heard from a friend who's about to take delivery of the new Alto that deliveries are being put on hold. My friend was told by his cousin working in the dealership that Maruti have identified something wrong with the fuel pump of the new Alto, and deliveries are to be made only after Maruti's team check the vehicles.

He's on his way to the dealership now.
BS4 Alto deliveries are temporarily put on hold it seems. Fuel pump issue.
Old 19th May 2010, 16:39   #159
BANNED

With Alto with 1L engine, one can compare performance with the older zen. I would assume that if at all maruti launches Alto with 1L, they would not phase out the existing 800cc.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks