Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2010, 19:03   #76
BHPian

Prices cut

Mahindra & Mahindra cuts Logan prices by Rs 80,000-Automobiles-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times

M&M has cut prices from Rs. 24,000 upto Rs. 80,000. No details on model specific cuts.

Avenger
Old 22nd April 2010, 20:57   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
Mahindra & Mahindra cuts Logan prices by Rs 80,000-Automobiles-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times

M&M has cut prices from Rs. 24,000 upto Rs. 80,000. No details on model specific cuts.

Avenger
This will definetly give a very good boost to logan. If the engine/suspension... are good then many a people will opt for this ignoring the dull looks. Specially the taxi operator will again opt for this model. And I believe as it is from house of M&M we will get a decent A.S.S. Now logan can also give a stiff competition to its segment... Lets see what maruthi and tata is planning
Old 23rd April 2010, 07:30   #78
BHPian

At last a sensible step from M&M + Renault. The cost cutting car should have originally costed just this much. They seem to have got the point after 4 years!
Old 23rd April 2010, 09:32   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoKris View Post
At last a sensible step from M&M + Renault. The cost cutting car should have originally costed just this much. They seem to have got the point after 4 years!
That's essentially the difference between M&M and Renault. Renault, in my opinion, were not comfortable with the idea of pricing the car to a point. I hope this price reduction by Mahindra signals the way ahead as far as their sedan plans are concerned. And if the Mahindra service is anything to go by (GTO had vouched for their service for his classic Jeep), they might be able to turn the Logan into a success story of sorts. Why I haven't yet seen a thread on the Logan ownership reviews. Or is there one that I have missed? After all the servicing of the Logan cars was done by M&M, right?
Old 23rd April 2010, 09:49   #80
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishwas View Post
I anxiously await Photoshop versions of Logan hatchback, Logan Logan Wagon, mini-SUV, (and Logan Tractor anyone?)
Here are some images I found on the net.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra goes solo with the Logan. Renault exits Mahindra-Renault JV-4b061e2a.jpg  

Mahindra goes solo with the Logan. Renault exits Mahindra-Renault JV-94ae9aa1.jpg  

Mahindra goes solo with the Logan. Renault exits Mahindra-Renault JV-1143614119943.jpg  

Mahindra goes solo with the Logan. Renault exits Mahindra-Renault JV-dacialoganrsatmic2lb.jpg  

Mahindra goes solo with the Logan. Renault exits Mahindra-Renault JV-dacialoganrsatmic021sw.jpg  

Last edited by Live To Jive : 23rd April 2010 at 09:52.
Old 23rd April 2010, 12:47   #81
Senior - BHPian

I feel they shoud first of all get rid of those el cheapo mirrors. Use the same mirrors as they are using for the Tourer. They look great! Also, brighten up the interiors, move the buttons where they are supposed to be, change the wiper position, give nice alloys, some creature comforts (Not the basics). and Stop selling the cabs to Meru!

If the Accent can sell post its due date, why can't the Logan? Accent Cabs in Mumbai look so fresh!
Old 23rd April 2010, 14:06   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live To Jive View Post
Damn ! that pickup looks hot.
Old 24th April 2010, 22:58   #83
BHPian

Hi
Really happy that mahindra took it up to them to see this through. I really liked the diesel variant of Logan. Had driven it and enjoyed it thoroughly. When i had initially went to see the vehicle when huge discounts were announced i came across articles on the web that the partnership is going through the motions of divorce which put me off. Hope the rehashed version of the vehicle gets the nod from indians which this vehicle should have got at the start itself.
Cheers
Old 25th April 2010, 00:24   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live To Jive View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
Damn ! that pickup looks hot.
Thanks for finding that. I agree, the pick-up looks great. Even the sawn-off Logan looks decent. A wagon and a hatchback would be interesting concepts. Wagon seems to have been discussed here - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...auto-expo.html , http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...s-logan-5.html

M&M seems to be moving in the right direction in market positioning and I hope will fix the localization problems.

Last edited by vishwas : 25th April 2010 at 00:37. Reason: mquote + link
Old 25th April 2010, 09:55   #85
BHPian

At present the recent developments has started affecting logan resale value. Yesterday I had been to Navneet Motors Thane with my friend. He is buying either RITZ of FIGO. We did TD of both. He may go for RITZ.

In the meanwhile I have inquired about resale value of LOGAN with Maruti TRUE-VALUE people. They said for 1.5 DLS model the value would not exceed more than 2.75 Lakh whatever be the condition. The recent developments have reduced the resale value of LOGAN more. Everybody is uncertain about LOGAN's future. and above all the discounts annonced by MAHINDRA have affected more to the resale value.
Old 26th April 2010, 11:04   #86
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
If the Accent can sell post its due date, why can't the Logan? Accent Cabs in Mumbai look so fresh!
The ol' Accent and Ikon may be outdated today, but they were relatively successful products once upon a time. The Logan, on the other hand, flopped miserably on launch. It's very difficult for a failed product of 5 years, to recover after a price cut. My take on the price cut = Too little, too late.

If Mahindra brings out the CS (shortened version) soon, it may have limited (but better) prospects as a car for the commercial market, and first time sedan owners.
Old 26th April 2010, 11:58   #87
Senior - BHPian

Mahindra is clearly struggling with Logan. I dont see any trick is going to help M&M for Logan. Better they plan a new vehicle all together instead of wasting some hard time & money with Logan. Once car is rejected by customers its really hard to get it back. We have seen so many examples in Indian market like this. Once car is flop its flop.
Old 26th April 2010, 13:32   #88
Senior - BHPian

The Alto was a flopped product when launched. Its sales increased only when Maruti made price corrections in the 0.8L variant and dropped the 1.1 variant. This was in 2004, I guess. Since then, 800's sales started dwindling. Point here is, that, at a lesser price, it became more VFM for the buyer.

It would be very difficult for Mahindra to change the buyer's perception towards the Logan. But, the Logan has always been an excellent product which needed a price correction and some tweaks. No one can deny that! Those who have driven it or even sat in it, will agree.

A Logan with better looks, better interiors and a reduced price, stilll has a chance, IMHO. A VFM product, might still do the trick.
Old 26th April 2010, 13:39   #89
BHPian

Whatever People might suggest.... I suspect Mahindra has no intention of keeping this vehicle in its manufacturing stable. It looks to me that Mahindra wanted to buy out this JV so that it can starts using the Manufacturing capacity of the existing plant to make more boleros scorpio and Xylos..... this is simple. Logan looks like on its death bed now. In international market there would be new versions of Logan but looks ike india will neevr get it. too bad.
Old 26th April 2010, 22:19   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anu21v View Post
It looks to me that Mahindra wanted to buy out this JV so that it can starts using the Manufacturing capacity of the existing plant to make more boleros scorpio and Xylos.....
Or start a new Joint venture with some one else (There are many especially chinese waiting to enter India, worlds biggest market for small cars) using the plant as collateral. Whom all are Mahindra talking to?

Most Viewed