Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2010, 15:28   #691
Senior - BHPian

This really scares me off to buy a TATA car! I had an Indica turbo, was a good enough vehicle to my luck. If it had been bad god knows. Even i felt that they have become giants and few pricks here and there doesn't even bother them.

The service managers attitude was disgusting!!
Old 13th March 2010, 16:45   #692
Senior - BHPian

Sorry to hear what you had to go through varun.
its nothing but a wild goose chase that you have been put through.
its like the electricity department here in karnataka.
you call them for something they give you another number and ask you to call that then another and finally the number does not exist and basically you loose patience.

P.S
All those so called "Fanatics" of you know what im talking about should go through this thread comprehensively.
I have also been a part of this circle but not to such a huge extent.
Old 13th March 2010, 18:34   #693
BHPian

I guess Ratan Tata is just like any other unscrupulous business man and he is no better than our average Indian Politician. Even after a Supreme Court Order, I am lost for words looking at Varun's latest post. They know we will not get justice in India at any cost against powerful people. I am really ashamed .

Compare to the situation in US, where the Toyota Boss is literally apologising to everyone in the US. Shame on Indian Justice System, Shame Shame on TATA.

I guess that anyone buying anything in India should pray that what they get is good and will not give them trouble.
Old 13th March 2010, 23:51   #694
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Compare to the situation in US, where the Toyota Boss is literally apologising to everyone in the US. ...
Not that I have been following the story, but I gather that that has taken quite a while. At least one person was prosecuted for an incident they blamed on the vehicle behaviour, but the possibility was strongly denied by Toyota. They might be doing the right thing at last --- but, for a long time, they did not.
Old 15th March 2010, 10:32   #695
Team-BHP Support

Why not take a few pics and file a contempt of court application.
Old 15th March 2010, 10:44   #696
Senior - BHPian

Well its quiet obvious that "customer" has to take what he gets! though he needs to pay it. he just has to live with what he gets!

This is common practice i guess! and fighting injustice in India... guess as Raj said pray hard before you make any purchase in India!!!!
Old 20th March 2010, 13:48   #697
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Since you have all paperwork. Go visit Bangaloremirror and tell tem this story. They will love it!
Ajmat, Bangalore Mirror is a part of The Times of India Group and we all know that they get a lot of business from Tata Motors. There is no way they would even like to smell it, forget about writing about it. When Auto mags have not mentioned it in their issues even after interviewing me and in the presence of all available documents, what makes you think Bangalore Mirror will do the honours.

Our Media wakes up only when the story gets them a good TRPs without offending its potential customers. Not much difference between the Media and the Judiciary.

Lets not live in a world of fantasy.

So long.....
Old 20th March 2010, 13:59   #698
BHPian

I had put up a link to this thread on my facebook. Sadly, got only one comment.

I guess our Indian minds have gotten used to these kinds of pathetic services.
Old 20th March 2010, 14:30   #699
BHPian

Don't lose heart Varun..
atleast we T-Bhpians have learnt about this TATA story,
and We are 60000 in strength!!!
Defnitley that will have an impact on TATA's image.

maybe if this thread gets a 5 star rating more people will read this.
Old 20th March 2010, 14:32   #700
BHPian

i also put this link in my "LinkedIn" profile.
TATA should improve its customer car.
Then only it may become a comapny like SUZUKI,TOYOTA etc.

All Tbhpian should forward / spread this link in their contacts.

@Varun , you are right TOI and all Media need only TRP nothing else.
Old 22nd March 2010, 23:29   #701
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daewood View Post
Don't lose heart Varun..
atleast we T-Bhpians have learnt about this TATA story,
and We are 60000 in strength!!!
Defnitley that will have an impact on TATA's image.
Its already had a crippling effect, thanks to all fellow BHPians and their unrelenting support. This is evident by the conspicuous absence of the Vistas, Manzas, Grandes and the Safaris on our roads.

I just can't understand the marketing logic of Tata Motors. I am sure they are aware what one lemon is doing to their business and yet they choose to remain unmoved.

Quote:
maybe if this thread gets a 5 star rating more people will read this.
BTW, For quite some time this thread had a 5 star rating. Somewhere in-between when matters were held up at the Courts and there wasn't much of interaction, the thread was demoted by a single star.

The thread was also taken off after post No. 79 because of pressure from the Tatas. It was only after I sent the entire set of Documents to GTO that the thread was restored. If you read Post No. 80 you will get the whole picture.

So long.....

Last edited by GTO : 31st March 2010 at 17:28. Reason: Fixing quote
Old 23rd March 2010, 07:37   #702
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunroy View Post
Its already had a crippling effect, thanks to all fellow BHPians and their unrelenting support. This is evident by the conspicuous absence of the Vistas, Manzas, Grandes and the Safaris on our roads.
And I thought it was just me!
Yes, there does seem to have been some effect though I would not call it crippling yet!

...and I'm also doing my bit in this regard, hehe.......
Old 23rd March 2010, 07:42   #703
BHPian

Quote:

Tatas may have had their day in court Varun, but they have lost their day on the roads.

I never miss an opportunity to share your incident with fellow car owners. In fact I am looking for the day when I can questions one of the senior Tata officials in a public forum for their logic on spending multiple times on defending themselves against a customer than winning him.

Last edited by diffsoft : 23rd March 2010 at 07:44.
Old 31st March 2010, 11:30   #704
BHPian

Hi varunroy, saw your car at CM the other day. Like you said, its parked at a sheltered corner. The vehicle looks so new yet, and they seem to have replaced the rear tailgate, as i did not spot the spare wheel mount on it (sorry if i'm wrong in my observation, though).
Anyways, feels sad about the whole thing, and more so, for the vehicle. Why can't they repair/replace faulty parts once for all, and end your woes? Wonder why they are going so lethargic over this one.
Old 31st March 2010, 11:45   #705
BHPian

Hats off to your patience.

It will be a pleasure if something like this happens to the owners fighting against Skoda.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks