Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2010, 11:36   #196
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hero Puch View Post
Looking for a moment, I sneaked up close and checked to find that it was the Corolla Altis Diesel.

There were 2 people standing behind the car (probably company men) who asked me not to take photos.

However, on the pretext of receiving a call I could click one snap from the front.

They also had a Chevrolet Cruze parked beside so that comparison could be made for both vehicles.

As I got more curious, I was shooed away from there with polite requests.

Here's the image. Notice the different grill and some chrome touches. You can also see the Cruze in the back.
to merge this topic

Thanks
Nothing escapes the eyes of God and Team-BHP.
Sinners beware. We are watching you.
Old 8th July 2010, 12:22   #197
BHPian

Great scoop Hero_puch!!!. And this release is going to be a real real boost to Toyota's bottomlines. I can safely predict this will be the next ANHC in sales.It will even take buyers away from the ANHC with the Toyota + diesel + economy + willlastforeverwhereforeverequalsroughlyfivelakhki lometresonly USPs.
I am ROTFLing looking at myself recommending Manza Aura + to all people looking to buy this on the What Car? threads and looking at my own face doing a :( when the buyers decide otherwise. Such is Toyota's brand equity and loyalty in India. I swear this will sell at least three times the Fortuner's numbers in India and annihilate everything else including the lovely Cruze. Hopefully Toyota's got its assembly lines ready to meet the crazy demand for this. If it does not succeed that means India has truly matured as a market and Indians(not just bhpians) really know what they want from their cars. But I believe that day is yet to come.
Old 8th July 2010, 12:26   #198
Senior - BHPian

Great find hero puch!

But that chrome surround covering the outer grill border looks hideous. plain black honeycomb grill looks much better, its offered in US spec corolla S and XRS models.
Old 8th July 2010, 15:08   #199
Senior - BHPian

awesome scoop, good to see that it continues to be a sedan and not gets converted to a hatch. Awaiting the launch of this one.
Old 8th July 2010, 15:40   #200
Senior - BHPian

Any chance that this same engine could also be used in the Etios sedan?
Old 8th July 2010, 15:52   #201
Senior - BHPian

Happened to witness a FE test today, please don't go by the figures mentioned on the websites.
Old 8th July 2010, 15:52   #202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
awesome scoop, good to see that it continues to be a sedan and not gets converted to a hatch. Awaiting the launch of this one.
I'm not quite sure Toyota was ever considering releasing a Corolla hatch. Did you mean the Etios?
Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post
This topic is a good one to debate on. It might (and probably should) given that the Etios' looks are not quite all that praiseworthy and so Toyota should do well to sell the Etios Diesel with this as an engine option (to kind of make up for the very plain looks!).IMO, it will unless Toyota has too much budget to spend on developing a 1.2 or 1.3 diesel in parallel just for differentiation's sake. They actually do , so it is quite possible also that a different diesel engine will make its way to the Etios.

@SPIKE, you keep spiking up and down in threads today.What are the FE figures you happened to see ? Lower or ..... higher!?!?!?

Last edited by rpmx1000 : 8th July 2010 at 15:56.
Old 8th July 2010, 15:58   #203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post
In a lower state of tune, much like the FGT and VGT seen in Punto and Linea.

Toyota ND engine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There was/is a 75hp variant of the same engine.
Old 8th July 2010, 16:01   #204
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post
Happened to witness a FE test today, please don't go by the figures mentioned on the websites.
I did not understand, Please elaborate.
Old 8th July 2010, 16:05   #205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indivic View Post
In a lower state of tune, much like the FGT and VGT seen in Punto and Linea.

Toyota ND engine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There was/is a 75hp variant of the same engine.
Nice info indivic, but the link dosen't mention the 75 bhp variant.
I wikied a bit more and yes, the information is true.Probably the data in this one below confirms it?

Toyota Vitz - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 8th July 2010, 16:10   #206
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmx1000 View Post
I'm not quite sure Toyota was ever considering releasing a Corolla hatch. Did you mean the Etios?

This topic is a good one to debate on. It might (and probably should) given that the Etios' looks are not quite all that praiseworthy and so Toyota should do well to sell the Etios Diesel with this as an engine option (to kind of make up for the very plain looks!).IMO, it will unless Toyota has too much budget to spend on developing a 1.2 or 1.3 diesel in parallel just for differentiation's sake. They actually do , so it is quite possible also that a different diesel engine will make its way to the Etios.

@SPIKE, you keep spiking up and down in threads today.What are the FE figures you happened to see ? Lower or ..... higher!?!?!?
nope, meant Altis only. Considering that it is sold in other countries with diesel and hatch, was not sure with 1.4 liter engine if they will continue with a sedan in India. But yes, they are continuing with a sedan.

Disclaimer: I donot know whether it is sold as Sedan with 1.4 liter engine in any country outside India.
Old 8th July 2010, 17:11   #207
BHPian

Quote:
I wikied a bit more and yes, the information is true.Probably the data in this one below confirms it?

Toyota Vitz - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Yes, that one has the info about 75 hp, it is probably only a state of tune, but no idea if it would mean BS-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post

Disclaimer: I donot know whether it is sold as Sedan with 1.4 liter engine in any country outside India.
It really does not matter since both Auris and the Corolla share the chassis and are in reality the same car except for the form factor. Toyota and Honda have moved away from the sedan to the hatch for both Corolla and Civic in Europe. I think the sedan with diesel engine is sold in Spain

Corolla Sedán - Especificaciones - Coches y Automóviles Toyota
Old 8th July 2010, 17:11   #208
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post
Spike, can you elaborate on this a bit more? Was the test conditions far too ideal?

Think it is commonly considered to take the real life FE to be 25% below the ARAI quoted figures. Even that too is unreal?
Old 8th July 2010, 20:33   #209
PCS
BHPian

Hero Puch ! you are awesome.

Great Scoop Yaar ! Diesel grille looks too good.

was there any change in the rear looks of the car ??

Toyota better plan huge volumes for this car !!

please dont make us wait as you did for the fortuner .

Infact i saw in sales figures that prado is a segment leader in suv.

Gr8. Man this company has the potential. Not affected by recalls, and boring designs

A car company where you have Innova, Altis, Fortuner, Prado as segment leaders .

WOW !
Old 8th July 2010, 23:32   #210
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Actual FE is always lower, they can be projected higher by crooked means. Hope you got the drift!

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
I did not understand, Please elaborate.
Generally FE is calculated through the stoichiometric calculations (Carbon balance method).

XXXX calculates fuel consumption in km/litre using the 'carbon balance method' from measured exhaust emission levels under "Indian Driving Cycle" run on a chassis dynamometer. As the driving cycle has a fixed band the FE predicted/calculated corresponds to that mode of operation only. Hope this clarifies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbraj View Post
Spike, can you elaborate on this a bit more? Was the test conditions far too ideal?

Think it is commonly considered to take the real life FE to be 25% below the ARAI quoted figures. Even that too is unreal?
SBraj see answers above^^. Test conditions are way too ideal, sometimes even below 25%

Spike
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks