Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2010, 12:47   #16
BHPian

Discoved a small compartment box below the headlamp controls in my Figo after a month. I keep my mobile in it. It gives you real joy in discovering these small features. Makes you feel that these have come for 'free' as you never thought of it while buying the car.
Old 8th June 2010, 13:25   #17
BHPian

9 months

Quote:
Originally Posted by adnaps View Post
Learnt from this forum about switching on the odometer light by pressing the odometer reset pin for checking the odometer reading even when the ignition key is removed. Interestingly even the dealers Service Advisors were unaware of this provision and would normally put in the ignition key and turn in on to check the odometer reading.
I did not know that. Tried it now.
Got it now
Old 8th June 2010, 13:29   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Learnt from this forum about switching on the odometer light by pressing the odometer reset pin for checking the odometer reading even when the ignition key is removed. Interestingly even the dealers Service Advisors were unaware of this provision and would normally put in the ignition key and turn in on to check the odometer reading.
does this work on all cars? which car do you have?
Old 8th June 2010, 14:15   #19
Senior - BHPian

Here is something i found out on my Ford Figo wiper. Really Helpful Feature.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1900747

This is not the intermittent speed wiping mentioned in manual. Thats only on the higher variants.

Last edited by gemithomas : 8th June 2010 at 14:17.
Old 8th June 2010, 14:19   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
does this work on all cars? which car do you have?
It works on the swift.
Old 8th June 2010, 14:39   #21
BHPian

I found in my palio that you cannot switch off the headlamps unless you are in the low beam. I really appreciate this feature which make sure that when you start your car and switch on head lamps, you are always in low beam.
Old 8th June 2010, 14:39   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adnaps
Learnt from this forum about switching on the odometer light by pressing the odometer reset pin for checking the odometer reading even when the ignition key is removed.
Have been using a Swift for 3 years now, but did not know this feature. Was actually hating the digital odo because it needed the key to display. Funny thing is I always read the manuals - wonder if it is not mentioned in the manual or I missed it. Thanks for pointing this out.
Old 8th June 2010, 15:26   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Yup, i also found this feature a month back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick1977 View Post
My Vista actually develops features. E.g. Some time back the AC developed a feature where-in the vents on the driver side would throw warm air & the passenger side would throw cold air. Even the service guys were confused but realized that this uneven cooling was happening due to a faulty compressor. Changed it & now feature has gone. People owning Tata & Fiat cars will definitely love to report such features which automatically develope from time to time.
too awesome.
Old 8th June 2010, 15:46   #24
BHPian

i dont know if this works on all skodas but works on my laura.
if you have the indicator on and switch of the ignition, th indicator light wont be on but the [arking light will glow(only one depending which side of the indicator is on).
Old 8th June 2010, 15:54   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitBahl View Post
In my DZire, after 5-6 months I found out that, what I thought was a reflector in the rear bumper's bottom is actually a rear fog lamp
I found this feature after a year of owning the Swift. I too thought it was a reflector
Old 8th June 2010, 21:45   #26
Senior - BHPian

After 2 years of owning the Xing XO, I found that the driver seat has a storage compartment unlike the base models.
Old 8th June 2010, 21:48   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It works on the swift.
came home and checked. doesn't work on the Getz

i'm gonna turn my car inside out to find hidden thingies
Old 8th June 2010, 22:11   #28
Senior - BHPian

After 2 years of using my car, I realized that my model has foot rest too.
A very useful feature esp on long drives.
Old 8th June 2010, 22:29   #29
Senior - BHPian

In my Palio, I once found that AC would deliver cold air in the lowest fan speed, even if the fan is turned OFF while AC button is kept ON. Cool feature, I just need to press the AC button to get cold air at lowest fan speed, no need to turn on fan as well.

In Punto, I discovered that menu of the DIS won't work if you are driving the car! Cool security feature.

After taking the delivery of Punto, I was trying to find the AC on/off button and there wasn't any. Fan was on and it was giving cold air as well. I initially thought AC would be always on when the turn on the fan (bit disappointed) and later during the day, I found out that the fan's knob itself was the AC button!

Another one, I found out that the cabin light in Punto will turn itself off if the door is left opened for a long time, I think about 10 minutes - good feature, saves battery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Have been using a Swift for 3 years now, but did not know this feature. Was actually hating the digital odo because it needed the key to display. Funny thing is I always read the manuals - wonder if it is not mentioned in the manual or I missed it. Thanks for pointing this out.
No need to do even that in a Punto, just open the door, it will display the odo readings for few seconds.

Last edited by clevermax : 8th June 2010 at 22:34.
Old 8th June 2010, 23:58   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax
After taking the delivery of Punto, I was trying to find the AC on/off button and there wasn't any. Fan was on and it was giving cold air as well. I found out that the fan's knob itself was the AC button!
Tell me about that. I searched high and low for the AC button in the Punto - took me 3 days to figure out that the knob was the AC button. Duh!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks