Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2010, 07:26   #151
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayanth_yk View Post
Hi Raghu,
I just noticed this today morning. I was pleasantly surprised . Check it out.
Yeh Jayanth,

It works, earlier I tried to drive when the break was fully engaged and hence didn't hear any beep.

But tried engaging it partially and then rolling the vehicle and the beep started.

Cheers
Old 16th June 2010, 07:51   #152
Senior - BHPian

Discovered a security feature,in my Scorpio last evening.
it might be common,but i didnt knew about it.

Mom was sitting inside and i had gone to a shop for 2 minutes,i locked the car accidentaly with the remote,since mom was in passenger seat,she opened the glovebox,and it triggered the security alarm.

i thought it worked with doors only.
Old 16th June 2010, 08:55   #153
Senior - BHPian

@ DR.AD

Thanks a ton for that info. I was under the impression that my sensors had gone for a toss. You gave a sleepless man some respite.
Old 16th June 2010, 09:08   #154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Discovered a security feature,in my Scorpio last evening.
it might be common,but i didnt knew about it.

Mom was sitting inside and i had gone to a shop for 2 minutes,i locked the car accidentaly with the remote,since mom was in passenger seat,she opened the glovebox,and it triggered the security alarm.

i thought it worked with doors only.
i dont think the alarm triggered because of the glovebox buddy. she must have unlocked the door.

the alarm will trigger even if the doors are unlocked & not opened.
Old 16th June 2010, 09:34   #155
Team-BHP Support

The light must have triggered the alarm
Old 16th June 2010, 10:24   #156
Senior - BHPian

@Raj,it was the glove box,i created same situation twice to confirm.
Lock it with remote,with you sitting inside and then open the glove box,it will trigger the alarm.
key should not be in the keyhole.
@Ajmat,which light are you referring to?
Old 16th June 2010, 10:31   #157
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
@Raj,it was the glove box,i created same situation twice to confirm.
Lock it with remote,with you sitting inside and then open the glove box,it will trigger the alarm.
key should not be in the keyhole.
@Ajmat,which light are you referring to?
Is you security system based on internal motion sensors? Many cars have alarm systems based on motion sensors (or essentially pressure wave sensors), which will detect any pressure wave inside due to significant motion, and the alarm will go off. In this case, no door needs to be opened. Regardless of the door or anything else opening, any internal motion can trigger this alarm.

If your alarm is similar, then maybe opening the glove box causes enough pressure wave (more than the sensitivity threshold of the alarm) and this could trigger the alarm.
Old 16th June 2010, 10:36   #158
Senior - BHPian

^ Cabin light if i am not wrong?? or is the glove box light??

But how come the glove box is connected to the cabin light?
Old 16th June 2010, 10:59   #159
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.AD View Post
Is you security system based on internal motion sensors? Many cars have alarm systems based on motion sensors (or essentially pressure wave sensors), which will detect any pressure wave inside due to significant motion, and the alarm will go off. In this case, no door needs to be opened. Regardless of the door or anything else opening, any internal motion can trigger this alarm.

If your alarm is similar, then maybe opening the glove box causes enough pressure wave (more than the sensitivity threshold of the alarm) and this could trigger the alarm.
Not sure.
I guess its due to the Two stage Impact Sensor feature.
According the manual,the System detects instrusion.
I enabled this feature few days ago,and noticed it yesterday,that it works indeed.
Also,no cabin lights were on,as doors were closed and locked.
Old 16th June 2010, 14:18   #160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaxy View Post
There is a small plastic slider on the seat belt in my safari. For long i never understood what its for... any guess what its for??

Well i discovered some utility for the plastic slider...it can slide over the seat belt in order to loosen the hold on the lower belly i am not sure if thats the function but thats how it helps me..
That slider is basically meant for holding the seat-belt metal clamp in its place when the seat belt is not used. Otherwise, without the slider, that clamp will just slide down to the bottom.

Actually, it is not meant to be adjusted but if you move the slider down when the seat belt is not used (and thus effectively moving the clamp downwards), you'll require less effort to pull the belt while strapping as the distance covered by the clamp towards the socket is lesser. Hope you got my point

It depends on the seat-belt manufacturer. Instead of a slider, some seat-belts have a small plastic thingy (which looks like a shirt button).
Old 16th June 2010, 15:10   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu230506 View Post
Yeh Jayanth,

It works, earlier I tried to drive when the break was fully engaged and hence didn't hear any beep.

But tried engaging it partially and then rolling the vehicle and the beep started.

Cheers
Bingo! can't quite understand why the beep doesn't come on when it's fully engaged. Is it because the vehicle can't move? May be that it starts beeping after it senses the motion only.
Old 16th June 2010, 15:24   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayanth_yk View Post
Bingo! can't quite understand why the beep doesn't come on when it's fully engaged. Is it because the vehicle can't move? May be that it starts beeping after it senses the motion only.
Yes, it looks to me because Vehicle can't move.
Old 16th June 2010, 18:06   #163
BHPian

The beep is only when the vehicle moves. Or else it would beep if you are parked with the engine idling and handbrake on. Noticed this during my test drive when I switched places with the sales guy.
Old 16th June 2010, 19:13   #164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue View Post
It is this thingy ( borrowed again from Joethomasv's ownership thread)

I have also wondered what it is for?. It does not have any soft liner. Nice hidden storage spot though.

Attachment 364104
hoping to find something similar in my Getz, i groped under the steering column and true enough, there was a depression/notch that could be pulled out! i yanked on it and it came out completely, which i didn't quite except it to do. confused i inspected the object only to find that it was the cover of the fuse box put it back where it came from, stopped my search, locked the car and went back inside the house!
IronH4WK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2010, 20:33   #165
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue View Post
It is this thingy ( borrowed again from Joethomasv's ownership thread)

I have also wondered what it is for?. It does not have any soft liner. Nice hidden storage spot though.

Attachment 364104
It is a coin box. Get used to toll roads and need to keep change, toll cards and loose notes rather than reaching for your wallet every time.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks