Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2010, 22:10   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adg_andy View Post
This picture represents the model that Fiat could produce globally under the name Uno. It is to be decided between the picture shown earlier and this one.

adg_andy

Is it not Santro'ish!? And what's with those long ORVM! Sure to be target practice for two wheelers. As for the first two, look different and focussed on a certain age group,
but reminds me of Leo toys.
Old 11th June 2010, 22:25   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cents View Post
Is it not Santro'ish!? And what's with those long ORVM! Sure to be target practice for two wheelers. As for the first two, look different and focussed on a certain age group,
but reminds me of Leo toys.
I totally agree. Sorry guys, but I don't think it looks good. I hope they don't launch it here, because I believe it will spoil Fiat's current portfolio of "100% great looking cars" in India.
Old 11th June 2010, 22:39   #18
Senior - BHPian

Actually i doesnt look all that bad,its a quite love it or hate it style nothing neutral.Its better than launching a bland looking hatchback that will lost in the crowd.And Fiat should launch it in Yellow!!!
Old 11th June 2010, 23:48   #19
Senior - BHPian

The car looks confused and sick. Looks like bits and pieces have been taken from here and there attached and finally this car is made. I cannot imagine that a company which designed Grande Punto and 500 can design this. For this car to sell, it should be priced in line with the Xeta.

Note: These are my personal views and I do not want any Fiat fans flaming at me.
Old 11th June 2010, 23:54   #20
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_pulsar View Post
The car looks confused and sick. Looks like bits and pieces have been taken from here and there attached and finally this car is made. I cannot imagine that a company which designed Grande Punto and 500 can design this. For this car to sell, it should be priced in line with the Xeta.

Note: These are my personal views and I do not want any Fiat fans flaming at me.
When ugliest looking cars like ritz and A-Star can sell so well in our country, The New Fiat Uno should actually sell well.

The fit and finish and the overall build quality of Fiats can never be matched by the Maruti's.

Maybe that car is not photogenic as per you, but most of us like it and you might change your mind after seeing it in person.

Only if its launched in the country, so untill then, lets enjoy the existing beautiful Fiat products.

Last edited by bblost : 12th June 2010 at 13:43. Reason: Please stick to Fiat. Please don't dilute the topic by bring in another manufacturer.
Old 12th June 2010, 00:05   #21
BHPian

It does look like a mini SUV. Ugliness = high sales in India. Instead of attaching a mirchi and lemon to a good looking car, Indians prefer buying the ugly car instead
Old 12th June 2010, 08:51   #22
BHPian

NOVA UNO is based on PANDA platform... yes its a tall boy design too with good head room... some of the videos of NOVA UNO tend to give a feeling of good road presence for this car....
Old 12th June 2010, 08:57   #23
BHPian

This car looks some what similar to Skoda Yeti Design in my view - Any thoughts on this ? High Ground clearance !!! Mini SUV !!!
Old 12th June 2010, 09:27   #24
Senior - BHPian

Hmmm, not too impressed with this design. I liked the 2 door car (it resembles the Punto, with it's grill) as posted by adg_andy.

Old 12th June 2010, 10:08   #25
BHPian

Don't like this design too much, but this room does look very roomy inside and that was one of Uno's main attraction. This doesn't look as hot as the Palio but if they plonk in a nice engine Fiat is likely to sell quite a bit of this car if they choose it to replace the Palio with this.
Old 12th June 2010, 12:59   #26
BHPian

If at all this vehicle is launched, ultimately, pricing will decide its fate. If Fiat wants numbers, it will need to be positioned along with Alto, the current ruler. If the price is right, people will buy it, no matter how it looks.
Old 12th June 2010, 13:37   #27
Team-BHP Support

From the looks, it feels like a good vehicle for Indian roads. Seems to have a good GC. Reminds me of a Fusion sibling (not from looks, but more from functionality)!

Can some one post the specs of the engine?
Old 12th June 2010, 16:58   #28
BHPian

engine specs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
From the looks, it feels like a good vehicle for Indian roads. Seems to have a good GC. Reminds me of a Fusion sibling (not from looks, but more from functionality)!

Can some one post the specs of the engine?
@ Ampere: The spects were present in the 3rd entry that I posted. However, excerpts from that article are given below:
"However, behind the innovative look there is also a well-defined machine. It marks the premiere of two new engines - Fire 1.0 Evo and Fire 1.4 Evo, both Flex fuel – that incorporate modern technologies to ensure great performance with fuel saving and low level of emissions."

"The new Fiat Uno will be available in four finish versions, all with four doors – two with 1.0 engine and two with 1.4 engine – and keeps the name of one of the most successful versions of the hatchback: the Way model. In all of them, the consumer can be sure that he/she will find a modern, bold car with excellent engines and lots of personality. They are: Uno Vivace 1.0 Flex, Uno Way 1.0 Flex, Uno Attractive 1.4 Flex, and Uno Way 1.4 Flex."

regards,
adg_andy
Old 12th June 2010, 17:11   #29
Senior - BHPian

This topic is discussed here :
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...uld-uno-7.html
Old 12th June 2010, 17:36   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjaymugur View Post
NOVA UNO is based on PANDA platform... yes its a tall boy design too with good head room...
Uno's dimensions are -- 3770x1640x1490 mm (L,W,H) . Ground clearance - 175 mm.

The height is exactly the same as the GP and comparable to Swift (1510mm). The Fiat Panda has a height of 1578 mm. The Uno is based on the same platform as the Panda, but it is not a tall boy design.

Fiat to relaunch Uno with new engine, look-novofiatuno2011flagra04.jpg
Fiat to relaunch Uno with new engine, look-novofiatuno2011flagra05.jpg

Source-CARPLACE - Portal do Automóvel

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks